1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blizzard Official Website Updated - TERRANS!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Aug 3, 2007.

Blizzard Official Website Updated - TERRANS!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Aug 3, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

yes, i did. its also on some battlecruisers in another pic.
    this might mean ranks, ugh.

2. T-man

T-man New Member

That's what I was afraid of, burkid. Hopefully they mean rally points. Perhaps the next location for the SCV to repair? </wishful thinking>

3. IO

IO New Member

4. DontHate

DontHate New Member

that's weird. in sc1 i am 90 percent sure they were engines.

5. IO

IO New Member

There is also a giant tower building next to the cc in this screen http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshot.xml?29 i have no idea what it is but to answer afew questions the other building next to the cc is a nuke silo being placed.

Also the marine in the "briefing room" is indeed tychus (i don't know how to spell his name) as if one looks closely you can see a 435 number on the armor and in the cinematic trailer it also has a 435 on the armor which (along with the semi clothed female on the right side of the armor) would mean that this is indeed him but the other people are more confusing as "raynor" only has some resemblance to his artwork and i have no idea of who the other person is.

6. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    You could also take Raynor's seeming distaste for his surroundings that maybe he's a captive? or in joint operations with someone else? Who knows.

Given his attire though, i SWEAR thats Stukov.

And T-Man. They are engines bro. I'm telling you right now. If not, they serve no other purpose. They dont shoot anything in SC1, and have yet to been shown shooting anything in SC2

7. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Looks like that Marine went rogue, cool

8. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    OMG!! Raynor is f*****g badass!!!! And who is that I see at the conference table....it quite possibly might be STUKOV!!!!!!!
    I'm sorry if all this seems incredibly spammy....I'm so excited about this its insane :p

9. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

ITs not the repair queue cos marines have it too.

10. JudicatorPrime

What? Am I the only one confused about the BC, why is everyone saying it has no engines or whatever... I hope this means you can make more Nuke silos without making CC... it'll look and play way better.

11. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Jud. T-man is arguing that the 4 Engine Tubes. (Two on either wing) are not engines, they're lasers. Thats what we're talking about.

12. T-man

T-man New Member

heh, Judicator. Everyone agrees that it has engines. We were disputing minor cosmetic details. I contested that the multiple lasers should come from somewhere other than all at the front. At first, I suggested those four horizontal tube things, because I didn't think they were engines, due to a lack of exhaust. I included an image circling the engine exhaust in one of my recent posts. However, they do look like engines. Upon further reflection, I suggested that they move the laser ports (places the lasers come from) to the sides and front. Just so it's not like fifty million armaments in the front, and all wasted space along the sides.

At the risk of getting too Death Star-esque, they could even make the Yamato shoot from those side tubes.

Edit to Hadean: Heh, I'm not really arguing that they are lasers, just that I figured they could be, because they don't appear to be engines. The engines appear to be clustered at the back center of the BC.

13. JudicatorPrime

Anyone know the significance of the "Fleshy-Mechanical" part with the selected SCV. I get why it says hover, because it hovers... but..

Ahh, I see, and I agree.. although its awesome to have more guns, it really makes more sense to put them on the sides, not particularly on the 'wing' parts... Afterall if it is a bombardment weapon, it makes sense... But that also limits the range if the lasers stuck to the side, perhaps asthetic addon? Anyway.. still looks good.

EDIT: Anyone notice the red SCV in that picture with the BC's... or is that just me >.< :-\

14. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

tanks look awesome, they kinda look like metal slugs and the battle cruiser multi laser attack looks pretty useful!

15. T-man

T-man New Member

I read the GameSpot article just now and saw:
    Perhaps the ground attack upgrade adds on those killer lasers to the front, while the air attack upgrade makes those side pods shoot :D

With specializing attacks, I could even say that the ground upgrade should place the lasers on the underside of the BC, so you can't even see the ports. It's more plausible to go blasting away Planet-Cracker style, but with individually fired lasers, than to depress those forward mounted doo-jiggers to the floor.

While I'd prefer to have omnipotent BCs (not ground-only, or air-only), it does add definite strategy and new graphics ideas.

What I'm really wondering, now that multi-targetting is not limited to the MS alone, is how they will manage the attacks. Say, if you attack-move, the AI targets individual units, but if you focus fire on a single unit, all of the lasers depress and BLAM! It'd be awesome if there was some way of telling a BC to target four specific units, but that's probably in the realm of WCIII 50 units, rather than SC 200 units.

16. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    I can almost guarantee you T-man. That when they specialize between AA and AG they're talking about either Yamato Cannon or That ridiculous laser ground pwnage, which will NOT be the standard attack. if it is, i'm going to be incredibly disappointed in blizz.

17. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea i noticed that too... fleshy metal... i dont' know, maybe it's 50 percent biological(healed by meds)and 50 percent mechanical(healed by scv's?!?!?) i'm not sure.
    anyways, jimmy's just awesome. he looks like han solo.

18. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    He DOES have a Han sorta feeling to him doesnt he? Hah. Wow, i didnt even notice that. What a pimp.

19. burkid

burkid New Member

that building is the shadow ops. its for ghosts, and where nukes are launched from (you can see one leaving it in one pic)

and those 3 buildings in your earlier post are munitions depots, for the Thor

20. T-man

T-man New Member

Hadean: I'm hoping along with you here. If they neuter my BCs so they can only attack air or only ground, I will be a sad, sad person.