Blizzard Confirms Unannounced Next-Gen MMO

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Wlck742, Dec 13, 2007.

Blizzard Confirms Unannounced Next-Gen MMO

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Wlck742, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

I just made a new topic about this, but looks like I wasn't the first one :-[. So the topic was locked away, and so was my honour. *Locks and loads his gun*. But really, I think it's a whole new universe, not a sequel to some already existing game. At least I'm hoping for a new sci-fi game, to complement StarCraft, so then Blizzard would have 2 fantasy and 2 sci-fi games.

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
  3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

hmm... if it's diablo 3 that'd be pretty awesome. I hope they don't change too much because most of the original diablo 2 makers have left to flagship which made hellgate london... but eh, you never know.

4. AnArchY

AnArchY New Member

Chicago, IL
    I don't think its Diablo, partly because how much difference would there really be between that and WoW? not much, however, a Starcraft MMO has tons of potential for originality.

I think and hope its a Starcraft MMO, it could also be something totally new, the game is currently refered to as Project Hydra, a Hydra is a creature in Greek mythology, but Starcraft has these little guys called Hydralisks.

Gameplay, I hope they make it less of an RPG and more of simply a skilled based game kind of like an MMOShooter except with various RPG elements in there, customization and all that, but actual fighting should be more like a shooter.

5. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

That'd be cool if it was a whole new universe. Although I wouldn't mind Diablo 3. Just, I hope they don't think of mashing up all their games into one whole new universe or something. Something so futuristic shouldn't really go with orcs and dark elves or whatever. Although Warhammer managed to pull that off, but eh,I digress. I'm sorta hoping for Diablo 3.

6. Kaosspy

Kaosspy New Member

Well... hey there MMO fans...  I hope to hell they got better than WoW, first off a game based on grinding is just boring, i mean it takes patience?  I don't think so a good game like anything should be engaging, in that way i want to suggest a FPS aspect to this new MMO that requires skill in deafeating enemies solo, not the groupo skill that is already implemented.  I think thats like the way most games should be engaged, how much you have to think and react but than agian a reall MMO is like... i don't know how to say this...  its more aobut the community and relating to others who have the same interest as you.  Well I want something that I will be active on and not just sit back and listen to music while doing... overrated, thats what most MMO's are and I stand by my opinion...

YAY! I didn't cuss once!

is hell a cuss word? even it you use it literally like yes the hell with the devil and the KKK, and all the little Nazi people who didn't get out of the country and just stood by and let it be overrun with a government so dictating that they actually killed people who didn't belive the same thing they did.... that hell

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

7. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    "first off a game based on grinding is just boring"
    in theory, yes
    In practice, millions of WoW and other MMORPG players? We must really like boring stuff

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Why is World of WarCraft a time wasting game? People play it just as much as others play their games. Sure you hear stories of people who have been addicted, but that's the same with all games. I've had a friend who was addicted to Pokemon. He'd memorized all of the numbers and used to lose a lot of sleep because he was playing Pokemon so often. It can happen with all games. World of WarCraft definitely isn't a time wasting game and the only people who think it is are either people who just say that to be popular or people who want to play it but can't afford the 66 cents per day.
    The Diablo1 story was thought to be finished when they brought out Diablo2. Just because they've reached a conclusion it doesn't mean that they can't extend the story.

9. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

There is PLENTY of story in the Diablo world. A previous thread explained it already. I hope it's diablo 3. If it IS a MMO, hopefully blizzard can pull off a story based one and no have cartooony characters in it. I love diablo's gothic and serious feel.

Diablo 3 + Cartoony characters = the most horrible decision ever made.

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    almost all grinding warcraft game and story driven diablo? wait...that's..err.......*head 'splodes*