1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLINK IDEA

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by headstock, Nov 17, 2007.

BLINK IDEA

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by headstock, Nov 17, 2007.

1. headstock

headstock New Member

wiat what? im not sure we're on the same page...

if you chose to, you could make a detector display its 'location' on the oponents mini map. They wouldnt see the area, you'd just see a flashing light on the mini map alone. No reveling of the actual area or anything, just a flash on the mini map.

and yeah, this would be to throw various indeas to the oppenent to try manipulate their play

Could make use of heaps of strategies in this way

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    If I mentioned revealing somewhere there, I meant the 'receiving' player scouting the area after seeing the ping.
    This is much better than Stalkers shouting "Hey, I'm here". It's just that I don't like the idea of an ability made solely for deceiving opponent the way he knows that you're doing it.

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    People would only use this as a bluff if the function is implemented just for that reason. In that way it wouldn't be bluffing anymore.

This whole idea is just a bit weird. With the creation of the Stalker unit Blizzard wanted to give the Protoss another stealthy unit. With an alarm kind of thing every time they use their special ability, the whole unit would be useless.

If you use the unit in large numbers, it would even be irritating, since every time there is a minimap warning, the "ping point" (I don't know a better name, but I mean the point where you go when you press space to quickly go to an important point on the map) would be changed very often. People would easily get confused in battles this way, even the player who controls the Blinking Stalkers.

I haven't even mentioned the new Radar Tower of the Terrans yet, with their ability to see units coming in the fog you don't even need a warning anymore. The Scout of the Protoss does the same, although it is less effective (since it can be destroyed when detector units / buildings are present) For the Zerg I havn't found a way to make this idea useless, but that's, unfortunately, the only good thing I can find in this one.

(For people disagreeing with me: this is just my point of view, when you like to use different tactics then me you might think different about this. But just look at the balance and the irritating thing I pointed out. I guess that should be enough. Sorry Headstock, I just don't like it. :-\)

4. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Pings are not a good idea at all unless used by you to fellow teamates. Mainly because it becomes: "If pings are only possible if the enemy does something then the enemy will only do that thing when it is to fake out the enemy, therefore never follow those pings" OR "If pings are randomly done, where a unit is pinged on the enemy randomly then the game becomes about chance WHICH IS A REALLY BAD THING". Now if you can come up with an idea with pings that doesn't fall into either of thos categories I might reinforce it.

5. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I like the idea, but it doesn't fit the lore of StarCraft. Don't get me wrong, it's an ok idea, but when it comes right down to it, I just don't think it fits well with the allure of the Dark Templar. Still though, you're thinking, and I like that. :p

6. kingsky123

kingsky123 New Member

the only way i can think of the stalker being one is that they are undetectable by radar. (*are they?)

as for the blink and *bleep* idea, well the only thing good is that you can piss people off by blinking alot 1 by 1 and the enemy will see non-stop bleeping or something =/.

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i would like this idea if it was the terran viking

8. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Every time they transform?
    Why?
    Im sorry to be blunt but thats ridicules.
    Vikings aren't that powerful, and they are likely to transform quite a bit. This would make the Viking useless for raids, which is one of its intended purposes I'm sure.

9. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    na i dont think this would be good

10. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Yea I am sorry headstock but it is a good idea and all but it is impractical. Lets leave the Blink the way it is I think the Toss' have gone through enough changes if you ask me. Remember the Mothership in all its old glory?