1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlecruiser's interior.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Nov 26, 2007.

Battlecruiser's interior.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Blizzard already said that they are going to include a lot more stuff to interact with on the Hyperion.

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no i want the terran because they are human. and i cant stop comparing them to all other human factions of sci fi genre... say starwars. lol

and i dont want the terran to be all matrix like... want them to be somewhere between starwars, gundam, and matrix. xp

i hope they are not talking only about the interactive screens but also the overall design. coz IMO they really to add something more on the interior. fix the ladder!

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Stop comparing starcraft with other stuff. Different universes=different everything.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    To interact with, but not necessarily new things. Those were just unfinished parts that they were still working on.

5. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ok...but i want starcraft 2 to be the most badass sci fi of all... and improving the bc's interior will HELP. lol

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Actually, I think the rugged and gritty look it has right now makes them look more badass. But that's open to interpretation.

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

not really. gritty and rugged makes them actually look a little weak compared to sleek and crisp technology. so just add a little more high tech detail and terran will look to pwn all.

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That's besides the point. If I had to choose between buying new equipment you need and spending all that money to make my battlecruiser crisp and sleek looking when I was in the middle of war, I'd get the equipment. It's better to survive through the war and then pimp your ride than fighting a war and pimping your ride at the same time.

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i think id rather buy new equipments and pimp my ride to the fullest so at least id die happy. lol xp

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That's why you're not a rebel leader fighting against a vicious tyrant that rules one of the most powerful empires in the world.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i wanna be with mengks and ride his 100000000000000000000000000000 dollars or minerals capital ship. =p

12. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    erm...bump...but i had a thought.
    To add some depth to the backgrounds and world, I would like to see characters in the background, random characters that just serve to enrich the environment. Some people in chairs, someone fiddling with dials.
    instead of "engaging" in dialouge with them, if you clicked on them, they would just turn and acknowledge you some how by saying perhaps, "yes sir," or "Captain?"
    I'm assuming the Protoss and Zerg will have some what similar setups, and so they could have units in the background too, same idea.
    Zealots or pilots who would say, "Executor?" "Entaro Adun" and such
    the Zerg would most likely just go "hisss.....gurgle." or something

13. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    That sounds really cool chax, I'd love that too

14. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Gritty and rugged is the Terran style. If you want sleek and crisp go play Protoss.

If you look in the back you can see a couple guys manning the controls near the screens that weren't working yet. You might be able to click on them like you said but I doubt it.

I think that the interior fits just fine and isn't too crowded with main/background characters.

15. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    can someone make a thread about Carrier's Interior. I "lawled" when I saw the interior in SC's cinematic. It's all hollow?

16. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Yes, you can if you would like. and yea, in SC when Tassadar was in there...big..and empty.

Oh...your right. I didn't see the guy in the back. I watched it on YouTube, low res....*shudder*
    Yeah, but a few more of those guys, perhaps some walking around.
    Does anyone know where i can downlaod that video? The Terran Campaign demo?

17. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Well I got it from gamespot but its not available on the main starcraft site..

18. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

I think the interior looks pretty good! it look really cold, if u get what i mean, and sort of lonely. In my opinion what a battle cruiser main command deck should look like...

19. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Personally I think the red carpet inside image of the battlecruiser looks a little like the interior of a Klingon bird of prey or something. But I agree with the comparison idea. Blizzard should design it as to they want it and not compare it to anything.

And personally I think the main BC will be lavish inside. But only to a point. They are military leaders in essence, not a king or queen. And have no want for a fancy ship. Just something that gets the job done would be their first priority. So for that reason I prefer the first more metallic image for the BC. Also many of the repairs would have to be done inflight as the distances these between outposts would be rather large. And less carpets and things would make it easier to get to the engines and bridge controls and fix any problems that might arise. Also I think cost is an issue here with these large ships. And I think they'd prefer 4 basic models compared to 2 or 3 lavish ones for the same cost. More firepower, troop carrying etc.

20. nEveR_LifT

nEveR_LifT New Member

I think as you progress throughout the campaign you should be able to modify and/or upgrade the interior and exterior of the ship, you know like getting more powerful weapons and upgrading the ships armor. But this all depends on if the ship is actually used as a controlled unit in the campaign that you will be fighting with.