1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite Battlecruiser Upgrade?

1. Plasma Torpedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple Lasers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yamato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

1. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    The cooldown might be altered. But they could send smal yamatoes for less energy insteadf of larger ones.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Well tempests are weak vs air anyways so it's no surprise the yamato destroyed it in one hit. But, tempests definitely wont be able to go head to head with battlecruisers like carriers could even if yamato is the same.

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I read the other battlecruiser topic, but that kinda went in a different direction.

So from i've seen the battlecruiser is somewhat mediocre of a ship to be honest...

Not much firepower to it, although they did change the fact that it can shoot at air and ground targets with 2 different lazer batteries check the orig vid in the final battle, its pretty clear.

However i do think it needs more of multiple unit killing skill, someone kinda suggested a gattling cannon of some sort for its main weapon, but im taking that idea and putting it in a different way.

You know those big Airplanes, that look like a normal transport plane but have HUGE guns mounted on them(transformers movie the 105mm heat shells)

I think they should have the yamato gun, for single target, and a Gun support option that requires 150 mana for more of a gattling gun, multiple target, special attack, that will give the BC the air support firepower it deserves as the crown pearl of the Terran armada.

4. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I get what you're saying, and I like it. However, instead of energy, maybe it could be a large burst that goes on for a certain amount of time, and then its on a cooldown; I'm thinking a cooldown is better for something like that (I may be wrong, I like cooldowns a LOT better than energy though). All in all, I like where you're going, but I want to see what the Terran get first, because if the Battlecruiser is still the Terran flagship....I want it to FEEL like a flagship  :)

5. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

I love your idea. Although I don't mainly play Terran, I tried it a couple times and they're pretty good. I also noticed the defect in the Battlecruisers which didn't allow them to have much success against masses. A Gatling Gun option would be nice, with a cooldown as Itsmyship suggested. Also, I'd like to add to that idea that it should NOT be upgradeable. It should come directly with the Battlecruiser, since it's already pretty much tier 3.
    :powerup:

6. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I suggest mana, because it may be a little too powerfull.

Think about it, battlecruiser enters the battle, Yamato, takes out a warp ray, or some other medium sized unit in one gulp, than switches to gattling mode with the CD, kills a few small units, than continues to pew pew with lazers, 50 mana later, another medium sized unit gone in a yamato gun, multiply this 4-5 times and it becomes a little OP, dont you think?

Or you may just have an option, yamato gun and the gattling barrage share the same CD, no mana for either.

7. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'm preety sure I heard of something that said that Yamato is on a CD system now, which is awesome because Cooldown > Energy

8. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Oh thats very cool, that makes the idea even better, give the BC a choice, either a single yamato, or barrage for small units, it shouldnt be overpowered, and it makes it versatile, 4-5 BC, using gattling fire, may be a good counter for those pesky interceptors from the tempests.

I was thinking that the Terran might get some sort of a bomber, which i've been waiting for, for quite some time now. Like a flying reaver or something...although that would be a huge damage dealing ship, who will probably not have any air defense or high HP, whereas the Battlecruiser is THE ultimate air support, when you combine the survivability and damage. So it should have some other damage options...

9. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

mabey there will be upgrade where you can add another laser battery or mabey the ability to carry dropships that would be kool

10. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Get 30 Tanks and not many ground units will survive (considering you have more than only tanks and the guy doesn't have a shitload of Ultralisks)

11. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Heh, you know what would be cool, if the battlecruiser presence increases the siege tank's range via giving coordinates

12. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

oh HELL no. Tanks already have enough range as it is, dude. You wanna give Protosses an even harder time? D:

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

tbh, i'm not a fan of this idea. sounds too powerful.

14. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    This might work well if it's layout is like a scarab. You spend say 30 minerals for the turret, which lasts maybe 5 seconds and does 50 damage during that time. This way it won't be too cheap as it can deplete your minerals quickly, but it can kill anything if you have 10 BC's with 5 turrets each ready to be deployed one at a time. This might be a cheap research option, like the yamato cannon costs 100 mins/gas, but it is devestating against light and medium armored units and can kill maybe 3 marines during thouse 5 seconds.

15. capthavic

capthavic New Member

lol he said mana.

Anyway I think a sweeping laser attack, like more powerful colossus attack, would be better.

16. Ych

Ych New Member

I really don't like the BattleCruisers attack animation.
    Something so big shouldn't have puny little lasers shooting out like that. It looks too weak.

I think that the BattleCruisers should attack similiarly to how the MotherShips attack, in that it fires multiple lasers. But those multiple lasers should deal the same amount of damage that the 1 laser we have for the BattleCruisers. So basically, it would make the BattleCruisers attack animation look much better and deadlier.

17. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

I like this idea but it shouldn't be too powerful in its use otherwise a squadron of Battle Cruisers would be lethal against both large targets and small armies; four can use their mass target while the other four can target the big ships. It wouldn't be that bad depending on how many small targets it could kill with a sweep of its gattling guns.

18. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Numbers can always be modified so its not OP. But you have to agree, the BC needs more firesupport on its side. And the lazers it shoots are not puny at all, just kinda sluggish, and they do shoot from different sides of the BC.

Multiple lazers = more times armor reduction = zealot deals 2x8 = 16 so a unit with 1 armor takes 14 damage not 15.

19. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Not much can stop of a fleet of 8-12 BCs (i know that number is hard to reach but...)
    BC's already have the longest range weapon that can instant kill most units. Its almost like really long range broodlings that can also be used to damage buildings. The BC has high damage per shot (25+9) 34 damage per shot for an air unit.. thats pretty good. I like BCs the way they are.

20. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I love the idea of giving battle cruisers a mothership type attack, but for balancing purposes, maybe making it mostly aesthetic and only be able to hit 3-4 units at a time but have lots of different lasers of different sizes coming out of it, obviously with weaker damage/hit