1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite Battlecruiser Upgrade?

1. Plasma Torpedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple Lasers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yamato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

1. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

It seems I have started an uproar with my text-based suggestion. :)

And yes, now that I looked at it, the Marine has impressed me. Well, at least my favourite unit has what I want from it, so I don't care about the others. ;D

2. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

The new Yamato Gun looks AWESOME, somebody told me it had splash damage, is that true?

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... ;D

4 animations of a dying marine. wow! ok, ive seen it now. COOL! i hope others too, specially big units like battle cruiseres and the collusus.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ow the comand menu! thanks!
    yah we are gifted! ;D

5. Ych

Ych New Member

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or if this has been talked about. But has anyone noticed that the BattleCruisers in the Gameplay video at the final battle between the Terrans and Protoss were shooting Yamato Cannon between very short intervals?

I remembered in SC1, the Yamato Cannon's energy cost like 150. When you finish shooting one, even if you have full energy, it takes quite awhile until you can shoot another one.

But in the gameplay video, pay attention to the BattleCruisers to the right. At 18:51, it shoots off the Yamato Cannon. It shoots out the next one at 19:06. That is only 15 sec delay till the next. If that is the case, I'm assuming that Yamato Cannon's energy has been reduced? Or the Yamato Cannon works with a cooldown now?

Or, this could be a cheat that Blizzard implemented for the BattleCruisers just like they did it for the Motherships. But, still, I haven't seen people talking about this, so I think this is an interesting topic to talk about since there really isn't much to talk about for SC2 recently with the lack of info.

So, has anyone noticed this?

6. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Maybe the energy reg is/was higher.

7. Zeratul

Zeratul New Member

What u mean?

I think its just a cheat that they implemented for the demo. I think its too powerful to be able to shoot twice in 15 seconds.

8. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

I meant, maybe they've implemented a faster energy regeneration either for retail OR just for the gameplay trailer, of which the latter seems most likely.

EDIT: Or they just cheated. I mean, "The Gathering" works both for the player and all computers in SC1.

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    its the same with the mothership. every source says that the mothership only has enough energy to use two abilities per battle but it uses three in very short intervals.
    used for effect in trailer

10. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    If you watch between shots, the Mothership regenerates energy like crazy. I think that's the "cheat" they threw in.

11. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

The guy who says the keynote on the StarCraft 2 said that they tweaked the settings to display the abilities and their respective animations.

12. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

looks like they gave it more energy or lowered the cost per shot

13. Meloku

Meloku New Member

The same cheat that was affecting the mothership affected the terrans as well.

More cheating: The protoss had power overwhelming (or a variation of it) on, because the battlecruisers normal shots weren't damaging the mothership, but the yamato cannons did. Spells were always unaffected by cheats.

14. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

actually spells which causes damage do affect. remember that when you cast the spell in power overwhelming of course it damages cause you damage lol. comps that casts yamato dont do any damage to anything, and the same goes for psionic storm and plague

would be cool if battlecruisers had a cooldown rather than energy, and even better if didnt need to research yamato cannon. i mean that's their trademark! their size is unnecessary without it :p

15. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

I wouldn't mind a cooldown on the yamato. I really didn't use it that often to be honest. If i'm using Bcs I usually have a big group of them and they tear through things anyways. I could def. see the yamato costing a bit less though. I think that would give me an incentive to use it more.

16. capthavic

capthavic New Member

As they have said many times everything is subject to change and has been for demo purposes. It would be nice if the cannon didn't rely on power and just had a cooldown period or just reduced the cost so it was more useful.

17. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i think the yamato cannon should never stop. i mean, it should just be able to tear a hole through something and then keep moving. losing power over greater distances and based ont he number of things it plows through. and only on air units.

18. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

it's a lot beastlier

19. paragon

paragon Guest

It's probably very similar to what it was in SC. Although it may still be a little faster (assuming they cheating with the BC's energy) I hope it doesn't have a cooldown though because I use them like crazy and having the energy have to regen is cooldown enough.

20. bleuchill

bleuchill New Member

I wouldn't mind being able to fire the Yamato at shorter intervals. Would be great incentive to use the cannon more. However, I just remembered, one Yamato shot downed a Tempest in the PC Gamer demo. Even with a Tempest armada twice the number of the BCs, they'll die in just 15 seconds. That would suck for the Protoss.

But chances are, some nerfing will happen before they release it.