1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite Battlecruiser Upgrade?

1. Plasma Torpedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple Lasers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yamato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

1. mc2

mc2 New Member

The Battlecruiser is definitely returning in SC2, and the Terran and Zerg will not have a super unit.

2. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

Why say that? Why cant they have a supierer unit?

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Because the Gods decreed it so.
    8)

4. l2k

l2k New Member

I have quoted it in previous post:

Drag to the bottom and read : http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/starcraft-2/790195p1.html

5. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Yeah, the Battlecruiser will be the strongest individual unit the Terran navy is capable of producing. If you want something really strong, just look into the Nuke.

6. asdfasdf9876

asdfasdf9876 New Member

yea the battlecruisers need to be stronger, bigger blah blah blah i agree with all that. but damn its like a command ship why only one gun? i thought they would make it more like the star destroyers in starwars.

7. l2k

l2k New Member

It has 2 guns dude, excluding the yamato gun :p Read the previous post and watch the gameplay video you will know what I mean :D

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i hope they make 2 or more animations of a unit dying or exploding so the game would look more cooler! the battlecruiser should either explodes completely, fall into pieces, or crush down to earth. the units which kills the battlecruiser triggers these animations. ;D

oh yeah. the normal attack of the BC sucks. a bc with a huge gatling laser gun is cooler. this should be the basic attack of the bc, a multipowered laser machine gun. plus the yamato makes the bc the coolest terran unit ever. so that we will not be bored because we have already seen and use the bc in SC1. change its attack animation please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I hope that they give each unit a different animation for every possible type of death. Lasered to death? Make an burning animation. Destroyed by a Bling? Make a gib animation. Skewered by bullets? Make a slow, agonizing death animation. Shot to hell by missiles? Make a knockback animation etc...

10. coalescence

coalescence New Member

What about making multiple lasers with a long cooldown time (and a short amount of time before another laser can shoot). Maybe that it has the same cooldown but lasers come down from different parts of the ship.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes. the BS is big and should have many arsenal of weapons. not only 2 mediocre lasers coming out from it. BLIZZARD! are you blind or something. the BC is a waste in SC2 if you dont do something or add something with it.

have you seen the reapers in the demo. they die differently. some suddenly explodes, others got their jet packs malfunction and threw themselves up in the sky before they explodes etc. COOL! but i hope all units also die differently. marines are important and zealots. the zealots die in the same way, they turn into souls while looking up and both hands spread. at least 2 dying animation for zealots please! marines? the anogizing death fits on them well. heheh. cut off legs and hands etc before dying. heheh ;D

12. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I still like my contextual death animations better than just giving units multiple generic animations. The Nuke explosion in the demo should have knocked the BCs up into the air, have them flip backwards upside-down and crash onto land while leaving a massive scar on the ground and debris hurled everywhere. It's not that hard if you have the model ready, so why not Blizz???

13. TheDarkTemplar

TheDarkTemplar New Member

System requirements? Blizz aren't big on the animations and effects, they've said before they want to make the game as accessible as possible to as many people as possible. In other words, as much money as possible!

14. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

Very true. I dought we will see more than 2 death animations, and all those effects will limit how many people can play it. Less money for Blizzard! But people will buy it to see what happens next in the Starcraft history, or get to play Starcraft in a 3-D way. Dont get your hopes up for super special effects in this game guys. :afro:

15. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

:'( Then why have death animations at all? Why give it graphics? Why not just make Starcraft 2 text-based? That way we'll be sure that everybody could play it.

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

text based- starcraft2? ^_^

a big scar on the ground and broken things everywhere after a nuke. the effects should remain for about a minute! that would be COOL! come on blizzard! do this. NUKING IS RARE in real life, so in starcraft2 with all the nuke details then we can really unlimitedly enjoy ourselves nuking others. ;D

i dont like pistol for the reapers. put on them secondary weapon so that they can switch and adapt in situations. thats what terran are known for, right? the reapers 2nd weapon? THE FLAMETHROWER. yeah, flying flame throwers is awesome! 8)

hey, what do you call the thing below the screen during the game were the attack buttons, map, unit frame, etc. is shown? tell me please. i have a great idea on it. i'll post a new topic for it, so what is it called? ;D

17. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Either the Command Menu, or the Interface, whichever sounds better to you. ;D

And I believe I mentioned the Reaper + Flame-thrower idea somewhere, but great minds think alike! :good:

18. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

well if u look at the gameplay vid u can already see 4 diff ways of a marine dying. 1 cut horizently by a zealot 2. cut vertically by a zelaot 3. bloody death like from a lazer 4. burning death from mothership planet cracker.

hmm and thats only one unit...

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

XD, can you image a rush?

- - YOUR ZERGLING HAS DIED - -
    - - YOU HAVE KILLED AN ENEMY ZEALOT - -