1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite Battlecruiser Upgrade?

1. Plasma Torpedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple Lasers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yamato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

1. coalescence

coalescence New Member

That's only when it has enough power for yamato. If you just fried a shuttle or building with yamato and a cruiser comes at your bc it will be in deeeeep shit (the bc that is)

2. TheDarkTemplar

TheDarkTemplar New Member

I always thought that, considering it's meant to be the Terrans best air unit, the Battlecruiser was actually quite weak. I mean, you would think it would be able to fire at multiple targets considering it's size!

3. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

It needs a lot of work. I gave my suggestions a while back. And make it a little bigger! Mothership size, imo.

4. Seth_Almighty

Seth_Almighty New Member

^^I agree about the size of the BC and think it should be mothership sized, but I also think the mothership should be larger as it looks like it has some sort of battle station on top of it (where the bubble of sheild constantly is). So increase BC/Mothership size. Also I think the debris is quite cool, but it needs to last longer and fade away instead of dissapearing(I am not positive, but I am pretty sure I remember it poofing away). It should be a good 10 seconds or so just to get the full effect while not being too cumbersome on machines.

BC little lazer is weak, but the yamato gun is still pretty strong. I agree that it should get more lazers because 1 lazer and thats it for that entire ship doesn't make much sense (3 would be good I think). The yamato gun is fine because it wouldn't take too many shoots to kill the mothership (two BC fire at the mothership while being taken into black hole and almost kill it), so it is pretty good in power and a faster recharge is definitly a bonus as it makes it more reliable than the one-hit-wonder-then-out ship.

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Very true, in the story line info (dont know where I read it) it stated that it were floating protoss cities, brought to battlefields as a last resort.

6. Gold

Gold New Member

yeah its way to small, most blizzard games have been a little cartoony (marines coming from the rax) but there is no way that is a city.

7. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

It looks more like one of those oil tankers, the ones that had like a neighborhood built on it so that workers would live there with their families on the job.

8. l2k

l2k New Member

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, the battlecruisers seem to be able to attack both ground and air units simultaneously... :eek:

9. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Really???? Pics, or it didn't happen. :p

10. l2k

l2k New Member

Sorry, I meant "almost" simultaneously...

1st attack
    [​IMG]

2nd attack (a very small delay)
    [​IMG]

11. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Nice, but whats a small delay? Like a quarter of a second?

12. l2k

l2k New Member

Sorry..I should have posted larger pics.. I just wanna point out, the battlecruisers seem to be equipped with dual laser cannons, one is for air units and vice versa. If you watch the gameplay footage from around 18:20 - 19:00, try observing the upper battlecruiser, you will got what I mean.

13. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Yes, I looked at the video as you suggested and noticed what you meant. The BC has one air to air laser cannon and one air to ground laser cannon, and those two fire independently of each other, but never simultaneously, and at the same cooldown for each laser.

14. l2k

l2k New Member

My bad :-[ Should have used "independently" instead of "simultineously". Glad you got what I mean ::)

15. Whatsifsowhatsit

Whatsifsowhatsit New Member

Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands
    Hmm not so sure if it's really independently..? Maybe it's like when after you shoot Yamato Gun (in Starcraft 1) you can immediately fire your original laser again... of course, this is with two lasers so there is a new weapon there, but maybe they can only be fired almost at once, but not quite..?

Well, there's no way to tell for sure based on what we can refer to I suppose...

16. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

No, they seem independent by looking at the gameplay video. The upper Battlecruiser always has at last one ground target in range, so it's ground laser never stops targeting something. The air laser, however, is sometimes idle because after a Warp Ray died, it took a few secs for another one to come into range, so we can see that the air laser has the same cooldown, but starts at different timings in comparison to the ground laser. It's hard to explain, but my point is that they each target their own separate units.

17. mc2

mc2 New Member

It's not logical that the anti and ground cannot fire simultanenously. There's something like 8 pilots/engineers in a BC. So they should have 2 people controlling the 2 lasers separately.

18. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Maybe the BC can't harness enough power for both of the batteries to discharge simultaneously. And if they have to independent laser, it's only just as logical for both of them to be able to attack targets at the same elevation too.

19. Whatsifsowhatsit

Whatsifsowhatsit New Member

Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands
    But well you couldn't fire lasers while loading up for a Yamato Gun in Starcraft 1 either...? Still in this case specifically, it would be weird I guess... Also I guess the laser after the Yamato Gun isn't cause it just has to come immediately after, but just because it can't while charging the Yamato Gun and afterwards it already has gone through its cooldown time, so it just fires immediately... so I guess I can retreat that point...

Ya? I didn't see that, but if that's true then you're right of course... now I can especially retreat my point :-X

20. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

Maby there will be a new terran unit more powerful than the mighty Battlecrusier! In the power order, it would be like, Wraths, Battlecrusiers, then new unit.