1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite Battlecruiser Upgrade?

1. Plasma Torpedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple Lasers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yamato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

1. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Is there a full image of the concept art of the BC that came with the official website update? It looks cool.

2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

No there isn't. I think.

3. Flesh

Flesh New Member

This new multi-laser type of attack seems like way too much clutter to me. I can barely understand what is going on when 2 or 3 BCs attack together. Imagine what will happen when 12 BCs attack in concert and just cover the whole screen with 48 thick, constant laser beams.

Also, it seems to me that BC is currently using the same (or very similar) projectile art as the Colossus. Basically Battlecruiser's and Colossus attacks look practicaly the same. And there is just too much lasers in the game. So I suggest that they remove this multi-laser attack - it would mean less clutter AND it would mean that BC and Colossus would not have the same projectile art.

4. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

Not remove, just change the graphics. It would be a shame to see such a useful function get salvaged.

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

yes, here: http://eu.starcraft2.com/images/artwork/ss49-hires.jpg

preview
    [img width=640 height=480]http://eu.starcraft2.com/images/artwork/ss49-hires.jpg[/img]

6. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

no,just remove it once and for all.a single laser would look much better than some tiny little lasers.just give it they old badass laser back

7. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    Sorry for not reading the 20 pages to check if the answer is already there but - the battlecruiser now also has the option to upgrade to multiple lazer beemz?

8. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

no, multiple lasers is the default attack animation, which is a change from bc of sc1 that only fire a single, powerful laser per attack.

9. WuHT

WuHT New Member

It looks like the SC2 Battlecrusier is really just 4 interceptors spitting out their tiny lazers in a volley. Whereas the classic BC made sense for a +3 damage per upgrade..because it fired a pretty powerful-lookin lazer blast.

10. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

new attack animation is flawed. in the old one, a dozen BCs could drop a small number of units like flies, because it fired instantly. now it takes like three times as long for the attack to finish. i was always hoping that like 8 small laser turrets would fire at once from the BC, each with a small pellet-looking shot.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    No the laser barage ends then begins again at about the same time it took the big laser to fire

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

he meant that the damage duration of the new attack is longer, previously the damage duration was 0, meaning the laser damge was instant upon contact, doing it's full payload. the new attack spreads its damage overtime. now assuming the total damage of the new laser volley is the roughly the same as the old powerful laser. then each small laser is weaker, the time from first laser to last laser in a volley allow the enemy to survivre a little longer, if they get killed by one of the later lasers. an example would make it very clear

sc1 - one powerful laser 25 damage, marine with 25 hp left, battlecruiser attack, laser kills marine within 0.5 seconds

sc2 - 8 lasers 4 damage each, marine with 25 hp left, battlecruiser attack, 7th laser in the volley kills marine, more than 1 second after the bc started to attack.

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    (omg i just finished reading all 20 pages, took me almost half an our, i am gonna die)

I am just wondering; I´ve also heard that the BC got more health than before, so my question is; what was the BC:s hp and base armor in Blizzcon? Or was it beefed up after that?

14. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i think you're talking about cooldown

my problem was with the attack animation taking too long

15. Toddy

Toddy New Member

If the mini lasers did so little damage, that would be the bc extremely weak, against units with over 4 armor. I hope the bc does get its original laser back with better graphics.

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i know, those numbers are made up just for the example. one thing for sure at the moment is there are 8 lasers in a volley. even at 5 damage per laser (the lowest i can imagine) the total damage per volley would be 40 so it's going to be significantly higher than the single laser damage of sc1, and every weapon upgrade will increase the total damage by at least 8. one thing to counter act that is, as you mentioned, armor will be deducted multiple times as well.

17. Toddy

Toddy New Member

Even though you say that, the bc still seems kind of weak against higher tier units with upgraded armor.

18. WuHT

WuHT New Member

that was the case of carriers in sc1 though.
    To support
    Even if the multi-laser projectile is not a "damage-over-time" type volley (like valkyrie) ..the projectile is NOT instant. Keep in mind the difference in efficiency. Battlecruisers rarely "Waste" shots ..because the instant the attack point triggers the projectile to fire... the target is either dead or still alive.

Take a look at dragoons or even goliaths with upgraded AA rockets. If the unit is not dead when the projectile is in midair (and the cooldown is ready ) ..they'll "waste" another shot at it.

Thats why instant hit for marines/ghost/tank/BC was so awesome because they were VERY efficient with their damage.

19. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I really like the BC's new attack, it really doesnt make sense to have just one gun firing on a capital ship, it should really have multiple guns firing, much more realistic.

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It does massive damage. It deson't have to be the most efficient weapon on the battlefield. It is Terran after all.

I am sure the damage has been increased to compensate.