1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite Battlecruiser Upgrade?

1. Plasma Torpedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple Lasers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yamato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Battlecruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by reject_666_6, May 28, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well for me i really love the Yamato GUn specially against Enemies Building :)

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It's really ironic how BCs have a visual difference depending on whether it has the Yamato or the Plasma Turret and yet it's really hard to notice until you zoom right up to them.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Not that hard to notice.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Well, it took me about a month to see what the difference was.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Why the plasma topedoes shoot out of giant tubes sticking off the front by 20 feet

6. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

whoa...now the bc does 50 damage now?
    i thought it was like 20 damage but its 20 damage each hit with the laser

plasma torpedo > yamato

because in sc1 battlecruisers got ownt so badly by goliath...

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

who mentioned that the battlecruiser did 50 damage? Unentschieden's post says that to the individual upgrades to the battlecruiser cost 50/50

8. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

someone got confused,it seens...

i loved how the BC changes based on it's special weapon, i loved this small yet nice detail.SC2.com BC's page is nice,i loved the plasma torpedo video they posted there.the new BC is tha bomb,i simply loved it

9. WuHT

WuHT New Member

I do not like the multi-firing attack of the BC as its' regular attack (like Valkyrie from BW). I perferred the one lazer burst as they dont clog the screen as much as seems more powerful visually. The multi-attack is already on the Mothership..cept they seem to arc more towards the target.

In SC2 .. BC and Carriers divergently were top tier units. Mothership and battle cruiser shouldn't seem as simliar, (the basic attack) ..as it was nice to see how the humans came up with their own means to develop something that can fight against aliens.

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I'd rather have a BC shooting a lot of lasers rather than one big laser. Just because the BCs and Motherships fire more than one missile at a time doesn't mean they're similar. BCs fire lasers. Motherships shoot blue glowing psionic missiles.

11. WuHT

WuHT New Member

o lol ok i'm not going into details.

The volley design of the projectiles (basic attack) seems to be more cluttering than "awe" inspiring. The classic "laser bursts" were crisp and felt precise. As with volley weapons.. they seem to be more a bombardment style attack (which is obvious if u look @ plasma torpedoes).. which in fact makes it look weaker than what you'd expect for a capital ship.
    Now before this goes onto more about an aesthetic value ... gamewise a bursting laser seems to be valuable.. as it
    1)was great against scourge. Scourges.. no matter what volume seemed to have trouble breaking through a small squad of BC. Same cannot be said for Scouts and especially not carriers. The instant and reliable laser burst of sc BC is undeniably effective there.. and helps a lot against moving enemies.
    2)There is no "wait" time for the projectile to finish to kill the opponant. This helps in micro time because as soon as the BC fires ..you'll know if the target lives or dies. The volley effect makes it seem like you have to have some float time for the BC to finish it's attack .. and even then it'll be down to pure experience (or reading hp bar) to know if the target will die as the projectiles wiggle their way down to the target.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah a bunch of small lasers firing in the same time frame as one big powerful laser is so much better and as long as it does the same DPS there is no balance issues

13. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

I always thought that the Battlecruiser having only 1 laser turret was silly, especially as the unit itself lists it´s wepaons seperately. It looks like there are turrets on top of the new cruiser that might get used against air targets.

14. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

What will Raynor's Hyperion get ? the Yamato Cannon or the Plasma torpedoes ? Else none of them, it will just get the multiple lasers.

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

maybe all of them

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Probably a unique ability.

17. WuHT

WuHT New Member

what?? did u read my post? There are a few subtle differences .. as im' not sure the multi-laser effect can kill a rushing scourge before it slams into your BCs (barring that scourges DO make a comeback)

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

if there is only one lazer in the bc the predator will be quite effective against it.

19. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i never really liked the new looks for the BC's attack.it seens weaker somehow.this laser volley make it looks like the BCs have been downgraded,and don't have those strong laser cannons of old,capable of shooting powerfull lasers.now they look like they are less powerfull,and can only shoot smaller lasers...i know it's purely an aesthetic thing,but i'd got those old lasers over the new laser burst any day of the weak.

and besides, as WuHT said,if a pack of Scourges aproaches the BCs, the Battlecruisers may be defenseless against them,because they laser volley may not cause enough damage before the Scourge makes contact.

20. Quanta

Quanta New Member

And that is why you should escourt your BC's with Predators in intercept mode. I am assuming they'll shoot at scourge in that mode.