1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

1. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Someone mentioned that the Banshee's rotors won't work in space - well, being a Zerg player i can just relate to the Mutalisk... it shouldn't be able to flap it's wings in space (or rather, build a momentum by flapping it's wings in space), but as you all know it has no whatsoever problem conquering airless vaccum.

2. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

what if they replaced the dual rotors with dual jets that swivel and angle when they move and turn?

would kinda remind me of those hover-jet-mech-flyers from Terminator 3

( yes jets work in space according to newton's 3rd and obviously the fact that we use them in space today :) )

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

the toss have the phase prism/warp gate combo, the stalkers, and colossus. and phase cannons aren't totally useless against the banshee. bring in a phase prism that wont get attacked, and you're set.

4. Drafter

Drafter New Member

Ok,I'm not really good at it but I'll try harder.......oh I forgot,they barely teach Russia geo in my school or is it that I don't pay attention(nah can't be)...anyway I'll keep in mind that Russia has a lot of white and green.

5. Skylark

Skylark New Member

Wow, dig the quadruple post, pro.

And yes, if memory serves, the Siege Tank's splash did, in fact, hurt friendlies as well. This is also true the Reaver, which damaged friendlies via splash-inducing Scarabs. Friggin things were useless defending an ally's base.

6. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

7. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I believe the main difference here is that the siege tank hurt ones own units not just the allies. Whereas the reaver hurt allies, but not your own units.

And other than the "rotors in space" aspect of the banshee, I really like it. I just think it might be a little slower than the jets that the other races have. I don't know about mutalisks. They have wings, but there must be some other manner of propulsion for them in space.

8. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the mutalisk's don't fight much in space, they have a limited amount of gas for propulsion, but most of the time they travel trough rifts in the space time continuum or are bombarding a planet.
    the gaurdian only has this amount of gas, but i guess he extracts more from the atmosphere to hover, maybe he is fille with helium
    the devourer is very large and can contain much gas, so he is the main zerg space fighter

cant remember where i read this

war
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Dude Pro WTF use edit please.

I am going to bet the AoE is damage allies but not your own units. I think it should either hurt all units in an area or have no splash but that's just me.

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Yeah, and I think the same will be true for the banshee.. so we have to use it wisely.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If they really want you to use it wisely they will make it hurt your units too. As much as you want to believe it isn't true most people don't give a damn about your units and wheather they get caught in your attack.

12. StarcrafterKid

StarcrafterKid New Member

How does it fly in space with propellors? There is no air in space?

13. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Hehe... welcome to the forum StarcrafterKid.

Marines shouldn't really be able to breathe now should they?

14. cereal

cereal New Member

Why not?
    From the official website's marine description:
    "The heavy armor worn by marines is effective against small-arms fire and provides them with full life support and NBC (Nuclear/Biological/Chemical) shielding for operation in deep space and other hostile environments"

Oh btw, I <3 your avatar ;D

15. Exterranminator

Exterranminator New Member

Why does the banshee fly in space? CUZ MUTAS FLYES, THATS WHY! ;]
    Anyway this flyer looks prety strong. Fast, cloacked and with fast firing missiles it coild be great hit and run unit for isle maps etc.

16. manaplague

manaplague New Member

It's not a starship, it's for planetary conflicts only,(it's consructed at the site or transported through other means) and before you get at me about to clip, it must have some kind of artificial air on it or some of the units would have a very hard time breathing.

17. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I have a hard time believing that blizzard won't let you use them on space platform levels and the like, even though there should be no air to use for lift. They say it's a planetary vehicle but I'm sure it will be used in the space missions as well. Marines + medics have their suits. And we don't really know if the protoss or zerg need to breathe at all.

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Atleast not protoss. Zerg should need to breath, otherwise it wont feel right :p
    wonder if all zerg buildings breath too...?

19. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

space platform= is a platform with artificial air and gravity

:thumbup: war :thumbup:

20. Why was this thread even started? Nearly everything in Starcraft was influenced by somthing else, you might as well start a thread for every unit. You personally may not like the Banshee but its not Soulhunter gay, so theres no reason to get up-in-arms about it. Imagine if everyone on the forum started a topic everytime they didnt like somthing. You're making the forums too cluttered with nonsense topics, instead of having a streamlined site with information and serious discussion about Starcraft 2.