1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

correct.
    you do better ***hat. I know I can do better. I bet you can't even do as good.

The quality is not "blizzard standard" for two reasons.
    1) I didn't want the render time to be forever so I didn't do any of the fancy shit. A good one will take hours, this took 15 minutes.
    2) It's a f**king teaser

Anyways, it does look better than the original starcraft's horrible horrible cinematics.

2. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah it does.
    is landscape real or did you make that too?

3. paragon

paragon Guest

the landscape is just a photo

4. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    man paragon it'll be nice if you chill out a bit lol

5. paragon

paragon Guest

big un
    click it to make it bigger

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

its your sig.

dont worry its nice and you should be proud of it. i wish i could make something like this. =\

nice 3d model of the banshee too. paint it.

7. capthavic

capthavic New Member

you do better ***hat. I know I can do better. I bet you can't even do as good.
    [/quote]

ROFLOL ah the classic comeback. So then only people who make videogames can review games?

Seriously, chill dude ^_^

8. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Nice looking model. Were you trying to go for low poly at all? It's hard to tell, which is a good sign if you were trying to go for low poly.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Yes, i was going for low poly. I don't really need or want a high poly model for what I'm going to do with it. That would make rendering times far more ridiculously long then they need to be.

Someone who makes video games will have far more insight into video games and could therefore review other games that they are not part of (due to natural biases) far better than anyone not in the video game industry.
    Thats why a common marketing slogan is "Created by X for X" like "Created by gamers for gamers" not "Created by some random f**k who thought he knew what you wanted but really didn't for gamers." Some random person who does not play video games could think they know exactly what someone who plays video games would want in something but they really don't.

It's like all those dumb**** journalists who think they know about the CIA and have the "inside scoop" but really they don't know shit because they are not on the inside and have never seen the inside.

10. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Perhaps but that doesn't mean that they are the only ones who can give quality evaluations. Just because a person has never made something doesn't mean that they can't tell quality from crap. For example if you were to look at a beautiful hand made canoe, you would still compliment the craftsmanship even if you never made one yourself. And likewise if you were to see one that was warped and ill made you could still tell.

Similarly most, if not all, of the reviewers for the various well known game review mags and websites have had enough experience and knowledge of the process to make informed opinions. You may disagree with it but thats all any review is, an opinion.

I have seen countless flash, CGI, etc. of various quality and even dabbled in animation myself. And imo it wasn't that good, but that's just me. I would have liked it much better if you had made them stand out more and got a better look at them.

Sorry that you took it so personally but really you do need to lighten up.

11. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Well, not to toss myself into an argument, but the only thing I really have to offer to Paragon is that it's normal to have difficulty taking criticism. I, myself, often times get defensive when a critique comes from a seemingly low-credible source.

However, personally, I think anybody in this forum should be considered to have very valid opinions, including Capthavic. We are all very devoted to the outcome of this game, and one of many aspects of the game is art, and video game art in general. We are the fan base, so it would be silly IMO to think that our opinions don't matter for whatever reason.

But the most important advice, should you decide to take it, Paragon, is that in retrospect I think some of my best improvements were made as the result of a criticism. They are helpful and they are your friends. I think you will learn a lot from what ppl have to say about your work, whether it's good or bad.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

It goes from Wraith (An apparition of a living person that appears as a portent just before that person's death) to the Banshee (a female wraith). We should get rid of the wraith aspect when we're coming up with names for this unit.
    Right now I like Terran Raptor because you can say it fast enough to sound like... actually nothing cool. But if you guys have any ideas feel free to post them.

And Blizzard better keep the lasers...

13. burkid

burkid New Member

do you mean just the name, or the whole unit?

i like how the unit is right now.

i think that the whole 'wraith aspect' is because of cloak. but beside that, im fine with raptor.

14. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I like Raptor. I also like Crusader and for some reason...Mustang and Stallion appeal to me for it.

15. burkid

burkid New Member

what about your precious Praetorian? i really like that name too, but i believe i spelled it wrong.

16. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Nah, its spelt right, firefox has spell check :p

That too! Sorry...I'm not in too much of a thinking mood which also includes remembering stuff

17. burkid

burkid New Member

ok, i couldnt remember if it was -ean or -ian at the end.

Praetorian or Raptor... ooh... both are good... i cant pick.

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lasers for banshee? they need those missile for massive AOE damage on ground.

banshee looks nice. but needs more explosion effects on the ground and this goes out for all terran siege units too.

anyway im glad predator have lasers or it would suck. im not sure tho. terrans needs more lasers from units aside from the battlecruisers.

any idea what the cobra weapon is? gause gun? correct? so is it laser?

19. shadow

shadow New Member

c,mon paragon, gimme a break blizzard knows what they are doing (no offens).
    i dont think the terrans need more lasers, protoss got enought of em.

the name could be interesting to change.
    the pilots are females, so banshee could be good.
    also lots of the other names are good. mabye draggonfly could be a good name, thinking of now they move. :)

the cobra mounts twin railguns just to answer your question

20. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

so what are rail guns? what comes out of it? lasers? sorry.