1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

...what? im sorry, i just didnt understand your post.

2. surr

surr New Member

reaver aoe ground attack
    banshee aoe ground attack

3. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I think he's trying to say that the Banshee is like the Terran equivalent to the Reaver, except it flies instead.

4. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

An ability should complement and be characteristic of the type of unit that uses it, you wouldn't give a medic yamato cannon would you? I guess I can see your point, it may be a little redundant, and since they get a cloaking ability they probably won't get a second ability unless Blizzard decides to not give banshee's the ability to cloak. Also, since the Battlecruisers are getting that yamato torpedo attack there is already an attack for large air-to-ground damage. Yet again, if they get rid of that idea, a cluster bomb attack might be a nice addition.

Furthermore, how much of an area is the aoe of a normal attack going to be? Not that much probably, a cluster bomb attack that spreads a wide area with moderate damage would be a good supplement to the banshee. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and I still kind of like it, but whatever, doesn't seem like anyone else does.

5. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I got the feeling the Banshee drops multiples of small bombs, not just one blast at a time which would kind of be like cluster bombs. Who knows till we see it firing clearly.

6. burkid

burkid New Member

^i have a feeling its gonna have valkyrie-like attack that hits ground. or, a bunch of small bombs lol.

7. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

I'm pretty sure it shoots missiles, so it's not really a "bomber". If it in fact does drop bombs as its normal attack I am wrong and I would retract my idea.

8. burkid

burkid New Member

ah. thanks for the translation.

9. burkid

burkid New Member

missiles are sometimes called bombs. (watch the movie stealth). and i said valk-like attack. valks shoot missiles, but i put that thing on the end because it might just drop bombs.

10. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

Well just to clarify by missiles I mean a projectile that flies into its target through use of its own propulsion, bombs being just free falling munitions(guided or not). I think it will fire single missiles for its attack, more like an attack helicopter than a bomber. And I don't think it's going to shoot a rocket barrage like the valkyries, but who knows I guess.

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Actually the Valkyrie fires concussion missiles which are supposed to "explode" before they reach the target and cause damage over a larger area. That's why you see the ripples in SC1. I would assume that the AOE attack for the Banshee will be something like if someone were to throw marbles at you... It has a kind of lazy effect where the balls fall using just gravity. So the faster the unit is moving the faster the "missile" fires.

12. burkid

burkid New Member

i said valk-like attack. not a valk attack. i meant that as a volley of missiles, not necesserily what the valks do.

13. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that's how it was described in the source article(s). That the banshee ground attack is like the valkyrie's attack in that it is a volley of many rounds of shots.

14. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I hope that that's true, because that sounds like the ultimate economy abuser. Just cloak 2 or 3, fly in from behind, run rounna back, and then all the unsuspecting drones, probes or SCVs just get blown to smithereens. That'd be very satisfying to do to someone.

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I don't think the banshee would really be comparable to the reaver.  Just like corsair and reaver both had splash damage, but it's not really the same thing.  You couldn't really say corsair was the flying reaver or the that the reaver was corsair on the ground.

Anyway, banshee is a wonderful upgrade from the wraith.  Lovely.  It was about time that Terran air was a little threathening to Zerg, bring it on. :p

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Valks were actually pretty good against Z, except everyone forgot about it. Shame...

17. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

at least the weak wraith has been removed

18. I like that they finally have a small massable ship that is good versus ground (aside from the gaurdian).

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Banshees look like sexy beasts.

And cloaked good VS ground units with an anti ground bomb?
    I'm going to have worker killing sprees.

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

ah damnit. Do banshees cloak at least?

I like the idea of it except it looks so hideiously ugly.