1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I am pritty sure space platfroms don't have air. For one thing, how would they hold an atmosphere in the first place? Second, I don't think your example proves that there is an atmosphere on space platforms. In a game where multalisks are seen in cinimatics as flying is open space, every clearly no where near an atmosphere of any kind, I don't think they care that much about those little details. Hence, why we have helicopers in space. It is no less logical that the multalisk.

Terran infantry, marines/firebats/medics/ghosts and presumably reapers have suits with full lifesupport. They can run around with in a vacume no problem. As for civilians, I just don't think Blizzard cares that much about such little details.

2. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Ah, but you forget that Blizzard explained the idea of mutalisks flying in deep space.

Specifically, they explained it by saying that they have no idea who the f*k they do it, they just do.

So it appears they do pay attention to the little details, Mr. Smarty Pants. :good:

EDIT: Oh, and it's the future. We can create artificial atmosphere already, so why wouldn't they be able to do it on a bigger scale in the future?

If we have any problem with fighting on space platforms, it should be how on earth they replicate gravity so well.

3. Quanta

Quanta New Member

touche

4. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, however bugging i might find the banshee's rotors, i think that Blizz-boys will eventually make things right. They've probably got like an army of great designers and smart ppl working 24/7. So If the Banshee is to stay than one can always find some believable explanation for it's functioning in space, especially coz it's future and ScFi-RTS theme ( OR maybe fewer space missions 4 terrans, given that the most of ter-conflicts happen on the ground, and they excel at those rather than space-warfare unlike protoss) Anyhoo, i just hope it'll be really good one( explanation i mean) ;) :).TNX

5. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I personally can't see space platforms having atmosphere, that just doesnt really make sense when you realize that all those platforms are square instead of a circle, which would be much easier to have a atmosphere around.
    I think the banshees should have a something along the lines of a antigravity flotation device. This would work well with the stealth and noise matter, and would make the banshees capable of moving on platforms.
    Also, in a pure space battle banshees would be useless as they are AG, and they would face all air units. So in that sense the fans make sense in that the banshees only need to be able to move where infantry can move.

6. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

All you guys who are saying that it doesn't make sense for space platforms to have atmosphere are thinking too close to the present. In the future/Starcraft era the problem of artificial gravity and air is probably pretty trivial. Also, we KNOW that artificial gravity is present (otherwise units would float away), so it is not far of a leap to assume artificial air as well.

The Banshee as it is now most likely does not function in deep space, but works fine on space platforms due to the artificial gravity and air, so unless Blizzard includes a deep-space Banshee in a cinematic, let's not worry about it.

As far as the Mutalisk goes - it is a Zerg. It is unknown how they function in deep space and for all we know the wings could simply be aesthetic or help maneuverability when in an atmosphere.

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the wings are for within the atmosphere, mutalisks almost never leave it, they got just enough gas in them to fly to a planet from a space-time rift the gaurdians and devourers got the most gas and tap it out of the atmosphere, they are in space in game actually, the creatures fart their way through space

8. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

well there are no pure space maps where there are no ground to build on, so i don't see what's the problem with the banshee. blizzard has already "explained"

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    i said STORY wise cheaper, not game-wise. There is a difference. And they are not that bad with speed! just look at the videos with em! totally acceptable.

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I noticed a colour change in the first of the new screenshots. It looks less dark and more shiny now, it's more like the Cobras bluegrey colour scheme.

11. Thalion

Thalion New Member

actually, previous image looks better... many units has tendency to turn into shiny toys... damn, its battlefield... units now are "Too fresh, too clean" :)

12. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    It could be that in the second shot the terrain is having an effect of the color since it is brighter or something.

13. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Going back to the naming, how about Phantom or Specter?
    I breazed throuhg the 15 pages and I don't think either of those have been sudgested, I apologize if they have.

14. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I heard something that there were too many compliments about the "toy-like" unit colours, so maybe this is the fist step of changing the shining units to something realistic. Btw, the first image is still better...

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Oh wow, now if all the Terran mechs has that colour scheme of the first picture, it would be just right!

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I would rater have an all purpose fighter with cloak like a wraith instead of changes for the bashee. :(

17. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

Yeah, don't change the Banshee it is fine, the Terran need a all around fighter like the wraith but stronger and maybe without the cloak

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The wraith wasn't an all-around fighter. It was an air superiority fighter that was good at taking out enemy air units. It had a pathetic ATG attack that made it useless against everything but melee units and small groups of dragoons, hydralisks, and marines.

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, then that. Maybe something like 10 attack, 24 air attack. Or something.

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That kind of is like the viking, only the viking has to transform to attack air or ground.