1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

Banshee

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TidalSpiral, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i actually agree with you ackbar, btw, i removed 1 of your powerdowns, now you only have -10

2. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Anyway the Orca is a copy of an helicopter seen in "the Big O - act 8 - Missing cat". An anime from 1999.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=WCFRRPoXEiM Just see the first five SECONDS to confirm what I said.

3. Too bad C&C came out way before 1999

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    i personally love the banshee. not as much as i love the siege tank, but still. anyway, giving it jets would make it less unic. And who cares if it can or can not fly on space platforms? Why dont you wonder how much a Thor weights instead? Or how a guardian can float?

5. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well i think its Triple of the Banshee, thats what i think ???

6. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I would like it if the wraiths had actually fought like seekers and go around flying and shooting up or down like banshees did in the Halo Wars demo. Or all air units.

7. SID

SID New Member

I'd love the banshee if it could shoot at any direction while moving.... gotta luv the unit design of this cloakn sleek flyn machine

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    By far mah favorite choppa

9. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I'd love to get to this choppa.

10. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, i like how this unit moves and looks and i personaly like the way the Bliz-guys've been managing the whole development of SC2 so far ( you need like the noble-prize award or smtn just for creating the masterpiece like SC alone!!!). But there are some things that just keep buggin me lately bout design, some things seem a bit out of sync. Take this banshee unit for ex, can anyone enlighten me bout the function of that rotating thing it's got at the back called the PROPELLER, what use is that in the VACUUM OF SPACE??? ;) I mean i'm all 4 improvement, but that looks like a step-back, doesn't it? i mean if it's suppose to replace wraith...(which performed great both in space and on surface of a planet). Although it's may be better on surface of the planet with some atmosphere, there's like no way it's gonna even move in space with those fans. Just give it some thrusters, or even better combine those two ( the fan and thrusters) to make it perform good in space and even better on surface (more speed) of some "rock with gas". If it'll move faster it'll be perfect as a emergency back-up unit, 4 hit and run air-missions and stealth backdoor charges.TNX. And then there's a marine... ;) ^_^

11. burkid

burkid New Member

if you read the posts on this thread, youll see that banshees movement in space is majority of the discussion.

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    and it doesnt even move through space! Its for planetary operations ONLY. The spaceplatforms got some kind of artificial air (i guess) and, it also shoots antiground missiles. What purpose would THAT serve in space? there is no ground units there... So its totally understandable that it got fans.

13. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, bout those bunshees flying abilities. All that there's on this thread bout the space-solution is that there must be some air on those platforms.
    And saying " it's just a game" as another solution, is just an excuse 4 being too laisy to explain or think of a credible solution 2 the problem yourself. (It's like instead of thinking bout the issue, say the god made it 4 a reason and drop it, or else you might hurt yuorself and/or go to hell ^_^ :-\).

I don't remeber any glitches like that in original...are there any? It's just a game alright, so why than create smtn even remotely realistic or credible-looking or PC-games in general 4 that matter, let's just play good ol footbal or smtn.( i me self play tennis but that's not the friggin point ;) ^_^)
    Why compare Mutalisk with Banshee?(or zerg and any other ter-unit?) they are like worlds appart!!! :-\ Zerg use bio-based evolution and Terrans develop all kinds of technology-based units, both have like totally different principles.
    Anyway Bunshee looks and moves just fine, JUST GET RID OF THEM BLOODY ROTORS, can i hear "yeah!!!" ;D ;)TNX.

14. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Av. You dont need rockets to move through space. Infact, a simple burst of pressurized air is enough to move you at a fair speed. This would be all thats needed in space. And on a space platform, there MUST be air, so this is not just "a lazy excuse" Humans need air to breathe. They build space platforms. Therefore, spaceplatforms require air to host the Terrans. Regardless. In deep space, Banshees wont be going there anyway? They're meant for land operations as someone said before(Think it was gasmask man) they'd be completely and utterly ineffective in space.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    thanx for the suppport Hadean :)

@Avrorius
    just think about why they NOT should have rotors! i mean, its gotta be story-wise cheaper than a bunch of rockets/thrusters! Those consume a lot of fuel! And the fans can also be very quiet, wich is perfect when it is cloaking!

16. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, Gasmaskguy, Hadean ^_^.I agree with you bout "presurised air burst" that'll be surely enough to move them, but if you compare this tech with thrusters it's not very efficient( comp with Wraith), is it?( no coordination in movement, lack of speed..)If they're meant 4 ground-ops, WTH are them terran air units gonna do without decent backup in space and all.
    Terrans got those suits to breath, and all those other terran-units are sitting&chilling in them tech-war-machines. And i don't quite get why there MUST be air in space and round those platforms, but hey...
    Bout them rotors, Wraith didn't have them as didn't Valkyrie and they performed just fine (no financial issues too aparently), so i don't think that argument gonna fly too ;) ^_ :)

P.S.Hey If i'm being too crytical just say so guys( i'll lay back ;) ^_^), but you got to see where i'm comming from... i want to see people give all they've got to achieve creative and other heights, and not use some secondhand ideas and hide behind statements like "there's no originality left in the world" to excuse their lack of inspiration, which maybe hush but hey...that's how it is sometimes ;) :)TNX

17. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i never really liked the idea of the Banshee's fans.it's too wierd for my liking.just give them some rocket thrusters or something like that,it would make much more sense

but if you don't,Blizzard,you better NOT do the "you can't use banshees in space maps" thing.trust me,DON'T...

18. Quanta

Quanta New Member

They'd never do something like that. Could you imagine the balancing issues of the Terran not being able to use their main ATG attacker and cloaking base raider???

19. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Avorius do you think that the marines have built in labs in their suits that just create oxygen? People LIVE on these platforms presumably so yes there would be some sort of atmosphere surrounding the platform. Also for deep space fighting you have the predator, Battlecruiser, and the Viking. Also just because Wraiths and Valkyries worked fine, if banshee's are better at their role and also more cost efficient(keyword more) then yes banshees are more useful.

20. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Sorry Avrorius, but that's not necessarily true. Now, I'm not aware what the breathing situation is with Marines, Ghosts, and Firebats, so I won't touch those ideas.

However, you'll remember that in the Brood War expansion, there was a mission in the Terran campaign called the Dylarian Shipyards. If memory serves correct, this was the second Terran mission. The goal was to get as many Pilots into stolen Dominion Battlecruisers as possible, and then to use those stolen Cruisers in combat. The Pilot models were the same as the Civilian models.

[img width=60 height=56]http://entropyzero.org/files/zz_civilian.gif[/img]

Civilians, and thus, Pilots, can clearly be seen in the above picture as not having any breathing apparatus. Aside from his (completely random) cybernetic eye, and his microphone headset, he appears to be in standard clothing.

From this, we can draw the conclusion that not only is there an atmosphere present on these platforms, but the atmosphere is close enough to the atmosphere of a hospitable planet as to allow freely roaming humans.

As for battle that is completely in space, I assume the Terrans still have Wraiths for those. Unfortunately, none of the missions are ever in space (thankfully), so we won't be able to experience it.