1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banelings rolling animation

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Feb 23, 2009.

?

Change the animation form rolling to walking or skittering

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    79.5%

Banelings rolling animation

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

And it would make sense because it would roll the back end into the enemy putting the baneling in a better position to release its load and possible allow for better momentum for the ending payload.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. onlyhuman

onlyhuman New Member

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    That's already been brought up, dude. Also, even if you do find anything like that, don't just spam it like you did, especially not in all caps.

4. onlyhuman

onlyhuman New Member

oops, sorry =*(

i was just looking through an encyclopedia, saw the ants, and got excited. thats all

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  5. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    Honeypot ants are kickass xD
    and think, could those reall walk faster with all the weight they're carrying? NO! They would learn to encase it in a shell so they could curl up and roll and then EXPLODE EVERYWHERE.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Kurai, these things are strong enough to hang from the ceilings, yet alone carry the weight. Though they're not really carrying I guess, just dragging it along. And the only time you'd see these rolling are if you pushed them sideways down a hill, haha.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've actually discussed my thoughts on the whole rolling-when-upgraded issue, but I actually reckon it's one of the best things they could have gone with. It's gets the best of both worlds, enables both animations for the editor, is easily recognisable as being upgraded and, I dunno, it's just that seeing that they are actually capable of walking almost seems to be enough for me. It doesn't seem half as absurd as it used to, and almost actually seems to make sense with the Centrifugal Hooks. I pretty sure that there might have been some times in the past where I've said it'll affect the decision to actually upgrade them, but in retrospect that's a load of garbage. It just seems to fit in really well now. It suits.

7. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    i understand honeypot ants dude...I used to be a discovery channel nerd. Yes, they can hang from the ceiling, i know. but -rolling-? no, their casing would not be strong enough for that. Anyway, i agree, at first i was like omg cool. but then i read people's opinions and i went wtf? but now i'm more like, well crawling with that would be hard, why not just roll yourself?

the only thing that willmake me laugh is them rolling uphill :p

8. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

That would be interesting to see. If they can roll up hills I wonder how blizzard would explain it possible lol.

9. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    In soviet russia, hill rolls up you ;3

I dunno, because I'm sure they have ramps or uneven terrain. I'd guess they'd say the momentum, but they're not rolling all that fast, not fast enough to scale up a hill.

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Centrifugal Hooks ought to help them somewhat though.