1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baneling land mines

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Apr 30, 2009.

Baneling land mines

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    i mean hack such as what they do with the fastest posible maps. putting minerals right next to base, stacking cannons. etc.

i would think that inorder to do the baneling mechanic in SC1 as of now would be one of those programs.
    and u would have to use map settings.

(oh and this is getting really off topic)

2. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    No, you would not need to hack. All you would need is a trigger that converts Zerglings to Infested Terrans. You wouldn't be able to morph them, and it wouldn't be a unit-command- you'd probably have a location that you bring the Zerglings to, but that's not a huge deal, since it's not the morphing that you'd be working with. You could practice these tactics with a Hatchery, a Spawning Pool, and an Infested CC, in UMS, with the Infested Terran's stats modified appropriately.

I think the main hitch will be if the Infested Terran's splash range is very different from that of the Baneling.

(This is arguably not offtopic at all.)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  3. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Lolz. Well I was more or less meaning to acually make it a comand etc but pretty much anyone with knowlege of the triggers could do that yes.

4. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    Baneling Drops in the middle or late game could be quite effective.. And amusing I may Add.

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    They would be, I would be anoyed if I was being attacked in the front and mean while they bring in more overlords then my static defence can take out before they can drop the banelings. There's allso another idea I had, instead of doing a fake drop accually act like it's a fake drop then when there bringing there forces back to the front lines u drop all of the danelings and screw them, giving them no chance of survival.

There's going to be so many awesome strats that will come out in SC2!!!

6. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    able to be killed, they dont explode UNDERGROUND
    units can run away from them
    hovering units didnt set them off

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    yea and you have to manualy blow the bane lings up to.

witch in later game when theres 2000 things going on, you may over look them, therfore there use isn't as effective into later game unless you're going over to them constantly like a true pro player.

but even they screw up.

I guess i see what you'r saying but blizz could just lower the damge or something when exploding under ground.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009