1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome Cobra!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Oct 15, 2007.

?

What do you think about the Cobras new attack?

1. I liked the Anti Armor attack better.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I like the new slowing attack more!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have another idea which i will post below.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Awesome Cobra!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Overling

Overling New Member

Nice, I think the removal of Stasis Orb was kind of predicted anyway. What will we have on its place?

But to the main topic: well, an electric attack can turn out in several ways. What if it ignores armor? It could get conducted through the plating instead of needing to pierce it, right? But they could use the fact that the armor could also be isolating material.

Or what if does less damage to hovering/air units? Electricity does need a connection to earth to pass through, doesn't it? If something is in the air, less chances it gets from being hit by lightning. However, flying units are mechanical, and could be damaged by overcharging their circuits. And protoss shields could suffer from interference from the electrical magnetic field.

I say a very good change.

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Siege Tanks can't attack air though. If the anti-armor attack has been removed, then it will make them worse against Thors(which they were basically made to take out) and other capital ships like the Battlecruiser and Mothership. I don't think that the anti-armor attack has been removed, I think that its attack has been given another effect, so its attack ignores armor and slows them down as well.

3. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

I'm almost positive it was because it was a mid to low tier unit thats attack only affected large units(of which the Larger units in the Terran section could of done a better job countering). Meaning Cobras sucked vs Zerglings/Zealots/Marines but were awesome vs things that had armor but unfortunately the Terran's BC and Thor were better counters to other higher tier units.

Anti-armor means jack vs low tier units but electrical stun/stasis whatever is very effective in that regards.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    All units in StarCraft2 are like that though. They all have an awesome advantage over certain units, but have a significant disadvantage over other units.

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    What if the cobra attack slows down building/unit production? Every time a cobra hits a building, the production/construction speed is decreased by 5%. As soon as you order the cobra to do something else, and a time equal to the time it takes for one shot to hit the building after the previous shot hit it, the affect is gone.

This is also stackable, up to 10 cobras can affect the same building, adding up to a decrease of 50%.

I was thinking that this bonus would be instead of keeping the anti armor.

And for those that thinks its OP...
    it is more OP to just destroy the building :p
    This just opens up strategical decisions, in SC you usually got vulture/spider mine early on, now you instead get Cobras. Vultures pretty much sucked at destroying buildings, and perhaps the Cobra will suck at that too. But Cobras dont have mines, so instead they could have this bonus to help in early attacks/rushes when you dont want/have Siege Tanks. It is not funny as a Terran player to be FORCED to use Siege Tanks 95% of the time, having another building counterer (yet very different)
    will make things more optional and fun ^_^