1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archons movement

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by overmind, Jul 20, 2007.

?

Should the twilight archon move by...

1. hovering Like the old one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Walking Like the new one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Archons movement

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by overmind, Jul 20, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

possible, but as far as we know, a spell that hasnt been added.

2. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    how can pure energy walk? i thought the whole point of them was to have no/little physical body

3. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Here's my suggestion. I voted for hovering, because I think it does fit the whole powerful energy mass thing better, however, I think it'd be friggin' sweet if it didn't stay at a "stationary altitude" like it did in SC1. Instead, I think the TA should be slightly lifted above ground where it's noticeable and sort of have him slowly float up and down, so that feeling of hovering is reinforced even more.

Also, as far as the look of the psionic attack goes, I think it would also just be the coolest thing ever if it actually look and behaved like a Chain Lightning spell from Diablo, with the each subsequent target receiving less damage to about the same proportions as what an area damage would cause. That way, the attack is still equivalent to what Blizzard had in mind but it would look so much sweeter IMO.

4. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I voted for float, which I don't mind either way it moves but walking makes me think of a knight from Hell where as hovering evokes more of a religious feeling. Like a crusading spirit out to cleanse the world of non-Protoss. lol

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I don't really care much if they walk or hover, as I'm not going to care about it when I'm storming an enemy's base, but if I had to choose, I'd say walking. A walking archon seems to be more intimidating and badass than hovering. They should make shockwaves come out of the ground with every step or at least leave some trail of burning psionic energy behind them.

By the way, it turns out that DT energy wasn't the only thing that could kill cerebrates. In the last (not sure) Terran mission in BW, you could use pretty much any unit to kill the cerebrate that was controlling the invincible sunkens. Maybe Blizzard just messed up. Obviously.

6. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

I'd wager they could get 100 with a bit o' reduced shield.

7. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

i hope blizzard doesnt read this and change archons movement. Walking FTW

8. burkid

burkid New Member

the cerebrates could only ressurect as long as the overmind was alive, because the overmind was the one reviving them. Since the new overmind in that level was still an infant, it either didnt have the power to ressurect the cerebrates, or if it did, it wouldnt have been able to ressurect the cerebrate before it was placed under UED control, because if you remember back to the protoss campaign in the original, on the third(i think) level you had to kill a cerebrate with fenix, and in the breifing, it was several hours later.

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Yes, but in the toss campaign in BW, Legacy of the Xel'Naga I think it was called, you had to use DTs to kill the cerebrates, but the Overmind wasn't even starting to form, and yet the cerebrates resurrected if the DTs didn't strike the final blow.

10. burkid

burkid New Member

well that was just so you dont have to sit around for a few hours, waiting for the thing to revive, just so you could kill it with a DT. just another place where fun beats reality.

11. stat

stat New Member

i like them walking.

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I doubt Blizzard will care about an opinion poll that's close to 50/50.

13. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

I vote for float.
    It would be nice if they begin to walk(about 3 steps) right before they attack.

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Welcome to the forums Broken_Heart.

15. DontHate

DontHate New Member

The archon should keep their sheild. That's what made archons archons. They're shields are like a double edged blade. First of all they regenerate and can be healed with the sheild power thing, and plauge doesn't affect it. However it is emp-able and then is useless.

16. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Rock-paper-scissors at its finest

I'm torn. The feet look big maybe. ARGHH I'M SO TORN

17. Ych

Ych New Member

I didn't expect the poll to be this close. I thought I was the few people that would loved the walking Archons. I guess I was wrong.

Since it is about 50/50, I hope Blizzard doesn't change into a hovering Archon. Because IMHO, Walking Archons really give him an attitude and really makes him look much more powerful.

18. The archon better keep its high sheild low hp. That definatly made it a more interesting and useful a unit. And it seems like its the only unit that actually has more sheilds than hp. The mothership has a horrendous shield to hp ratio, I dont the exact figures but with such a small amount of shields the mothership will basically be unhealable; so who will be willing to bring it into a fight. Its going to be a giant hit and run spellcaster (shouldve been more of a go-in-and-kick-some-ass capital ship). The allure of being able to have near fully regeneratable health with archons is one of the only things that can convince me to sacrafice templar (which is hard enough as it is)

HOVER! infernals dont belong in starcraft

19. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Yea, I thinking walking would make them seem more commanding and imtimidating. Although I think it would take some of the psionic "mysticism" and power away from them.

Honestly I'm not sure, but they looked great walking like they did in the Starcraft 2 gameplay video so I went on ahead and voted for walking.

20. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

complaints like this are just wasting blizzard's graphic teams time
    there is nothing wrong with the animation for the archon walking.