1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archon idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kingsky123, May 18, 2008.

Archon idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kingsky123, May 18, 2008.

1. Boneblade

Boneblade New Member

I think my highest hope regarding a variety of archons, and the dependant abilities therein, lay with the map editor. Blizzard is promising a more powerful and adaptive map making tool than ever before, and if they do it right we'll be able to see all the fancy archons we want in custom games.

As for standard starcraft, I am more than happy with a basic archon merge (whether created from Dark Templar, High Templar, or a combination of both). Their great amount of shields and ability to inflict massive splash damage at close range is more than enough to make them formidable opponents.

IF Blizzard impliments 3 seperate types of archons with different applications, I would like to see..

"Archon" - created by the fusion of 2 High Templar. Has high shields and the standard short range splash attack that can also effect air units.

"Dark Archon" - created by the fusion of 2 Dark Templar. Spellcaster faithfully rebuilt on the original form in Starcraft: Broodwars, including Feedback, Maelstrom and Mind Control. Could perhaps tweak these spells depending on balance, or remove / add new ones.

"Twilight Archon" - created by the fusion of 1 High Templar and 1 Dark Templar, or maybe even 2 of each if found necessary for balance purposes. (Would therefor take 8 food). I would say the best combination of all existing abilities available to archons AND templars should be made available in some form to these theoretical 'super archons'.

Perhaps they have a Cloaking ability, like a Ghost or Kerrigan (consumes energy and therefor temporary). I think they should fight in melee combat against ground units but have a Tassadar-like energy attack against air units, but do not possess splash damage.

Since they have a Cloaking power (representative of Dark Templar), they should also possess something akin to the High Templar - perhaps the ability to cast a more focused version of psionic storm that behaves like chain lightning does in Warcraft III.

2. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

I don't like the idea of multiple archons. It's just a bit too much, seeing that we have the nullfier and the HT. I don't think another spellcaster and another fighter is what we need. Plus, it wouldn't make as much sense lore-wise. The wo sides are trying to mingle and seperate fusions plus one big one would really work well. It's like some people can just go along with their own race, while a few brave ones have to meld with the other side. I don't think the... light protoss would like that very much, seeing that their view of the dark templar wasn't a very pleasant one in Brood War