1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archon idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kingsky123, May 18, 2008.

Archon idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kingsky123, May 18, 2008.

1. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

superweapons

OK lets define the term super weapon: something that can turn the tides of battle, something really expensive and something that comes later in the game because has lots of requirements so why should this be a problem most of you guys are experienced players so you should end the game way before "super weapons" are even build... :)))))

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

@ GMG - Heroes are rather sort of a questionable case on those situations as the basic foundations of each higher rank in the protoss race will always be the zealot.. its the bottom line but still at a very uptight level.. its much like they value zealots as generals in terran ranking equivalence,,,

anyway, im not really sure with that coz all units are questionable, im not even wondering if ever there will be a hero type worker which in the end would serve a massive role of pilotting or taking command of something out of its league....

@ VAN - well perhaps you should just do it in the editor when it comes and see for yourself if it will work

3. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    fenix choose to stay as a warrior and got promoted to praetor(only for game play purposes was he a zealot).

protoss shouldn't have superweapons, the nuke is a terran uniqueness and the toss have some really powerful mothership abilities...

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

TRVIA: can you imagine your hero unit got s.broodlinged by a queen in an instant?? lol, anyway ill agree with on the mamaship part being the protoss ultimate weapon as it is much fitting in that role.. but im just curious on how will it affect protoss gameplay once you have your hand on 1 of those... (its technically an overpowered arbiter with a very high restriction of having only one for the entire time)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  5. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i believe the campaign AI was especially programmed to not broodling heroes.

i thought the 1 noly limit was removed? theres multiple mummyboats in a screenie on the SC2 site.

6. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    as far as my knowledge knows the MS went back to 1 per player, they are messing around with a lot of units, and that was quite a while ago, so it could be back to multiple MS now

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I still believe that we just need 1 Mothership in the game coz it will add confusion greatly if its availability will be modified again as a common air support caster.. w/c btw distinguishes the Mothership away from much common air support casters of other races as its skills will utterly be the breaking point of a possible victory or a forcoming demise... The MS should definitely be a single unit only and if not, rather bring back the arbiter than having a unit that cant be balanced in gameplay.. (or rather be availed only in campaign mode)

well lets discuss the mothership elsewhere since she has nothing to do with the Archon ideas anyway lol.. Back at archons and ideas, the reason weve slip a lil is due to Fenixs questionable pride of living the life of a lower zealot rather than taking his place in upper ranks as templars like tassadar or zeratul anyway, ive stated all my fiction for the T.archon so I just want to wait and see what ability will it get..

8. Saracen

Saracen New Member

Australia
    how about the idea of allow the dark archon and archon to merge as a suicide thing that can have like a mini nuclear bomb damage factor? you'd do this in an enemy base (just for any slowER readers on here)

9. Earthbjorn

Earthbjorn New Member

Since reading about Ulrezag, the Dark Archon created from fusing 7 Dark Templar, I have considered the idea of letting multiple (more than two) Templar fuse to create larger and greater Archon. To keep it from being imba each additional Templar could simply add 150 or so HP and +3 or so dmg. Its always best to make 'super units' impractical so this Super Archon would be. But it might be cool to make various sized Archons.

I like this concept. I recently played a match with multiple DA's which after using Mind Control were all useless, So I had the instinct to merge them much as I merge HT after using up all their energy. So perhaps DA's could have a self destruct ability so as to have some purpose after using up all their energy.

really hope that we even have DA's

10. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Blizzard plan was to make it so no matter which 2 templars you fused together they make a Twilight Archon that is like the regular Archon, but has the ability of Feedback, after a while they changed the name to Archon, and took Feedback away. nor do they like Mind Control anymore.

11. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    the wxplosion thing when you merge a Dark archon and an archon sounds interesting...

12. Baal

Baal New Member

In the Woods...
    Or how about an IMplosion? Eh? Eh?

13. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    hmm, yes that would be better...

be cool if it drew all units in the vacinity towards it...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008

14. I guess his ability IS his attack. That makes sense to me.

15. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    ^ but still, we're talking about the most psionically advanced race in the galaxy! and seriously, how OP could feedback be on an Archon?

Ah, whatever, I'll be able to do what I want in the editor anyway. :p

16. Saracen

Saracen New Member

Australia
    Thanks for the support on the idea, i was thinking about it and i seriously think someone should mention this to Karun, The story would be:

A dark templer and a high templar have harnessed the ability of infusion/imolsion or something, and they can come together and combine a monstrousity/abomonation of an Archon who is quite large and UNSTABLE so it has a count-down timer (like the broodlings) and once it counts down say 10seconds it self destructs releasing a huge psionic shockwave that affects enemies within a certain diameter/radius.

Pass it on...

Saracen

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  17. Gforce

Gforce New Member

or how about we just leave them to shoot their lightning, or whatever they shoot, and dont mess with them at all. No offense to you, but i dont want blizzard to take any more time then necessary to finish this. Hold on, i just realzied the reduncey in that sentence.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  18. Saracen

Saracen New Member

Australia
    thats right champion, some things are necessary and its the little things that make a difference... go play pong or something in the meantime.

19. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I hears that they are gona give it one or two new spells.

20. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    That'd be cool.

I have always loved archons.