1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

?

Do you think Reapers need a new weapon? If so which one?

1. Reapers are fine with their current weapons.

100.0%
  2. Other, (More options will be added as I recieve them)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blast Cannon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

1. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

You speak the language very well, I wouldn't have guessed it was your second.

Anyways, back to the debate, once again it's a matter of personal preference. You prefer something else, that's ok. We like the pistols. In the end this just comes down to "What do you like better?". There is no right or wrong, maybe we should just leave it at that.

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i dont think so.. metriod prime with the glowing lights on his blaster arms is badass. except for the armor color anyway shes a female. xp

what i mean badass includes the overall design of the weapon. the pistols in the artwork looks too simple and UNfuturistic. and once again starcraft is sci fi and futuristic. there were many primitive things in starcraft 1 and as seen in sc2 everything is NEW and more futuristic(terran) so i dont like to see the slightest primitive stuffs in sc2. raynor with a 45? whats up with that? its ok if he is just collecting it but in the artwork he shot a hydralisk on its head and it was FUNNY and NOT futuristic at all.

thank you.

personal preference? NEW better badass weapon FTW. lol

btw, im serious about changing the reapers weapon. so posting a lot is all i can do to make an impact about it. arguments are surely welcome but i will stand and deliver my point even if i will fail. ^^

3. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Arright, well, good debate, but I quit. Nice talking to you :p

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yah, im tired thinking what to write. lol

anyway you quit I WIN! nice talking to you too. see you on other thread. xp

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

i havent posted on this topic in a while but it seems to tickle everyone, so heres what i think reading everything so far.

First off, the Rifles and Pistols used in SC dont use bullets, nor are they shot using gunpowder. They use pressure to slingshot spikes basically. So get over the bullet problem, they dont use bullets.

Also, what the Reapers are wielding right now are not mere 6 shot barrel pistols that cops used in the 50s, its a semi automatic fast firing pistol like weapon.

Quoted from blizzard : In combat, reapers attack with dual gauss pistols, the rapid-fire signature weapon of their "strike fast, strike hard" credo.

They are more uzi like than pistols, which suits them fine. They fire fast, they move fast, they raid, they hit and run.

Anything big, or powerful doesnt fit their role of lightly armored fast hit and run unit.

Fancier pistols may be interesting but in the end it wont fit their role as well as these uzis do currently.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i think the 4th weapon on my unreal tournament 3 video fits them perfectly. xp

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5wytw0VkdmI&feature=related

anyway... i know the gauss pistols are usefull and all but all i want is to make this unit cooler and badder so an awesome weapon will help.. just forget its big, expensive, too high tech etc coz lore it can fit surely. the fact is it will make them look better.

and i think weapons like in UT3 fits the terran very well. just imagine. 8)

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Most of those weapons are pretty heavy duty, which again the reaper is not.

If you give a big weapon like that to the reaper it will just turn into a marine with a jetpack.

8. needler

needler New Member

Yes, but Terrans need Battlecruisers to transport troops and Battlecruisers can be equipped with Plasma Torpedoes and Yamato Guns, which do devastating damage without losing any troops.
    Thors are expensive and they can't carry troops and they have to go close to the enemy to fight. If Terrans wouldn't construct Thors they could put the money on Reapers. (My turn trying to influence people. :D)
    We have the super Firebat. It is big and it has big flamethrowers.
    No. I like Alien movies.. :D

If you want that your army looks high-tech, then play Protoss. I bet that Blizzard won't make Terrans too high-tech, because the races need to be different.
    What if the pistols would have green lights on them, like Siege Tanks in siege mode? Wouldn't that make Reapers look high-tech?

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no they are firebat. nothing unique or special about their weapon.

yah but sc2 should not be based on alien movies anymore. there aint even no real war in alien movies but only sissy marines. lol. jk

no im NOT looking for uver high tech weapons but something sci fi justifiable NOT pistols.
    anyway a green lights on the pistol looks better. yah you are right about the siege tank in sc2 definitely look more better and futuristic than the world war 2 tank in BW. lol

and i mean high tech for the terran are the complicated thick advance machinery, weapon, etc.. not the sleek crisp and elegant one.

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    They arn't just Firebats anymore. What you asked for was a "human like mech powersuit guy that can hold any weapon imaginable" , and that's just what the new Firebat is. It has a huge mech like powersuit and wield huuuge flamethrowers.

11. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

yeah gasmaskdude sums it up nicely

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ok but how about giving them something more powerful than a flame thrower. ^^

13. Lantz

Lantz New Member

i don't have a problem with the Reaper's Pistols, i just don't like they're design. i think they should look different.

14. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

they arent your average pistol ...its a pretty hefty semi automatic gun, its a like a Uzi on steroids...

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

average or not or even its an uver pistols IMO there are better guns fitted for the so called reapers. yes guns that should be well thought of and not a simple one like pistols. what is it? lets just be imaginative and open. i have few in minds, the design and look are ready but i dont know what exactly it should shoot. xp

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Once again zeratul, it isn't just a flame thrower just because it's called that. Just like the "pistols" actually are Gauss Uzi/cannons. Show the Firebat flame throwers to a person who has knowledge in constructing flame throwers today, and he/she will be astounded by how high tech it is. It uses NEW flame thrower technologies, of that I am sure.
    What you are doing right now is to call the Siege Tank a medieval catapult just because it serves the same purpose. Would you also call psi blades simple, unfuturistic daggers just because they serve the same purpose as something old? Or do you ignore their unfuturistic swords because of the fact that they glow and are called psi blades? Because there is nothing special about the design, they are plain blades. You would probably be OK with the pistol if it was called "magma thrower 8000" or something.

17. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it isnt a flamethrower the firebats hold by the way, it is a plasma cannon

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lol.

anyway flamethrowers and pistols are very much realistic. i think its about time sc2 should aim for more sci fi unique weapons just to make starcraft feel better.

i hope people are getting me now. xp

19. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I TOTALLY get you, I did from the start. I just don't agree with you. :p

I think that SC is enough sci fi as it is. Protoss and Zerg are all about sci fi. Gauss pistols are a bit sci fi too you know.

20. needler

needler New Member

I like the Reapers current weapons, but I edited the Reaper image trying to make it look at least a bit high tech. Isn't excellent, but you hopefully get the idea.