1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

?

Do you think Reapers need a new weapon? If so which one?

1. Reapers are fine with their current weapons.

100.0%
  2. Other, (More options will be added as I recieve them)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blast Cannon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Bah, it's still a pistol then. But still, a gauss pistols would share some of the drawbacks of a conventional pistol like low magazine capacity and they're semi-automatic at best. Plus, smaller bullets, since it won't make sense to give pistols bigger bullets than rifles. I know there's the Desert Eagle and the Colt .45, but still. What the hell, if it plays well I'm fine with it.

2. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Ok Zeratul, I just like the Pistols better than any of your ideas. Argue that.

3. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    I like the "pistols" They are servisable and work wellin close quarters combat. also recall, Reapers are criminals TOO badass for resocialization, that being, would you REALLY want to give someone just as likely to turn on you as not, some high tech weapon? I would not.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    They have neural inhibitors so they have no chance of turning on their commanders.

5. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I thought that was only for Ghosts.

6. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    @Wick

But they are still really expenable what was it on the Blizzard site they said no Reaper had yet to live 6 months in the entirety of the program? (which im guessing has been going on for atleast 2+ years) Would you really want to give advanced weaponry to such expenable soldiers?

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nicely said.

i dont think the terran are that poor.

ok.

unrealtournament 3 weapons>reapers gauss pistols. argue that. and im comparing this because i dont know why you prefer the pistols than UT3 much better weapons.

how contented can you be? just because blizzard gave them pistols in the first place doesn't mean that it is the right and best gun they can have. NO! blizzard was just contended and fine with it but im sure they have a LOT or OTHER options for the reapers weapon but they went for the pistols which sucks big time. pistols make them look badass maybe? hhmm. this is NOT warhammer 40k! give them something better they will look 10x badder.

dont you want the terran or starcraft overall to look more powerful, richer, dynamic, complex, UPDATED, stronger, INNOVATIVE, inspiring, better than before? this is my point and adding something like changing the reapers weapon to something NOT just satisfactory but rather innovative, thrilling, more badass would definitely HELP.

just think and imagine about it and be open. a shockwave, electric attack, ice blaster, electric chain guns, plasma etc..lol. so why NOT give the reaper somethin similar to make them and starcraft universe cooler and badder etc.
    the pistols is just well very UNinspired and does not make starcraft 2 any better but just add up to simplicity making the starcraft universe more uninsprired.

dont you want better weapon for the reapers? answer this. and i mean better not in terms of firepower but the overall look and feel that will suit better to the reaper. pistols is just NOT quite there yet because its NOT sci fi like. period. xp

i mean just look at the reaper artwork with pistols, imagine it in real life and it does look BAD for a sci fi universe and battling against hordes of aliens etc. mediocre? trying hard? in a sci fi war setting? YES.

im NOT suggesting laser guns etc..but there are something else. just look on some other sci fi games. there are a lof them. OR what im suggesting is CREATE A WEAPON THAT IS UNIQUELY blizzard if they can think one.

sorry but since there are no other terran infantries im suggesting this for the reapers. now if terran gets an android or cyborg and give them the suggested weapons then MAYBE i'll be fine with the reaper pistols.

not to offend anyone and talk like for everyone but this is all..just IMO. ^^

8. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

No they aren't.

Oh look, I can.
    The point is, this arguement is stupid. Matter of preference.

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    @Kerwyn:
    Of course not, just something effective. But a pistol just isn't as effective as weapons like assault rifles. If you could make gauss pistols you could definitely make gauss rifles. If they're handing it out to every marine then it's not really advanced technology for them. It's kind of like our version of the AK-47 and it wouldn't be much of a waste giving it to "expendable" soldiers. Now if they were getting the same gun ghosts use that would be different, but not with the same guns marines were using.

@zeratul:
    You're not even giving good reason why they're better weapons. Look and feel? Giving reapers something like a chaingun or some plasma gun would just make it ridiculous. You don't give those kinds of weapons to ordinary short-lived soldiers. That's just way over the top. Reapers are sci-fi. It's would be a minor miracle if a gauss pistol/rifle was developed that was practical enough for use in combat. Same with jetpacks. Don't compare SC2 to other sci-fi games and movies. It's SC2, not anything else. There's no point in comparing it with UT3 or any other game. If I was looking at a reaper in real life aiming his huge pistol at me I'd be scared as $%(*. Giving them something as over the top as a freeze ray or some shockwave just makes the game look dumb and unrealistic. Giving them a pistol is a much better option than any you suggested. Hell, if you don't like it, don't play it.

10. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I would have wrote what you did Wick, but I just don't have the patience. :p Good post.

11. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    DT is right it is a matter of prefernce.

And the argument is not which weapons are better but which weapons are appropiate for example Zealots would probably be way better with (thinks of random sci fi weapon) Naquadah Enhanced 700 SK Hyper Rail Guns. But would something like that be appropiate? NO. The question here is not which weapon it better but which is more appropiate. I personally think P-45 Scythe Gauss Pistols are more appropiate for Reapers than a larger weapon.

EDIT @ Wick The reason I don't think they were equiped with Guase Rifles (besides the fact that Marines already have them) is because of there size they would be much harder to wield for a unit flying with a jetpack than two smaller weapons that would create less drag when the unit flew.

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

omg. i fail..

or just remove the reaper and add another human like mech powersuit guy that can hold any weapon imaginable. so that terran and starcraft will be at its BEST. and NO need to wait for sc3. xp

jk. i'll post and add up something later. this discussion aint stupid its fun and im hoping blizzard will read all of this.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    @Kerwyn: I totally forgot about the jetpacks. So a rifle's out of the picture. SMGs could work but they're too similar to rifles so I guess it won't work. Pistols FTW then.

14. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Still don't see the arguement. Reapers don't need a big weapon.. This isn't Unreal Tournament, you don't run around with laser beams and acid shooting ray guns. Terran use bullets. What's so bad about bullets? Hell, if they used weapons from other games people would just cry more about Blizzard's originality; people will always complain any whichway you go.

You can't compare Starcraft weaponry to real life weaponry either, because Starcraft isn't real, and isn't exactly crafted around realism. Starcraft pistols could be as devastating as our strongest present day full size automatic firearms. Who knows. They are quite big looking; personally they remind me of Uzi's, which really just make a mess of the place. That fits the Reaper's role. You don't need a really strong weapon to take out the weakest targets. Anything too large or bulky would take away from thier intended design, hit & run raiders.

How about just being happy with how they are? That's kind of a cool idea in my oppinion. "Well Terran commanders are stupid for using such weak weapons!" Ok, then Terran commanders are stupid for not being able to just launch missiles to any location without someone being there to direct it. Terran commanders are stupid for not mounting SCV's with guns for protection, etc.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

im happy but im not fully contented. xp

if terran is this POOR. then my love for starcraft will surely lessen. and i should just play other sci fi games. hahah.

OK. i want terran and starcraft to look powerful and not mediocre like. the game is GODLIKE but i want starcraft universe or lorewise to be as innovative, unique, badass, powerful,etc...and GODLIKE as possible too.

so im suggesting....

anyway starcraft 1 was way too primitive as far as i see and compare it to sc2. so i want everything to be maximize to the fullest (units, weapons etc.) in sc2.. no need to be practical etc. coz a battlecruiser is like 1000000000x expensive than any sci fi infantries weapon outhere.

i think my reaper artwork will be useless right now. everyone seems so satisfied with the pistol, i just hope you open your eyes and give a second though for a new reaper weapon. ^^

this is an old artwork.. http://larcenciel-11.deviantart.com/art/terran-reloaded-71365471
    now if this is what you think the terran in sc2 is like...then good were on the same page. but if NOT...then dont bother and just play BW. lol

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Good said Redlazer.
    One of the complaints is that they arn't powerful enough. Well get a Siege Tank or something!
    It's not like Reapers represent the entire Terran faction's wealth. Reapers are just a bunch of expandable criminals.

zeratul, you just have to realize that the future does not guarantee futuristic stuff.
    There can be pistols in the future. But that isn't even the case, you should be happy, because they are GAUSS pistols, as big as torsos, not just plain guns.

17. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

You see, that's why I don't like this debate, you automatically assume you're right, and we're all wrong. That's annoying. You've said things like that a few times now. Please don't. It's a matter of opinion, there is no right or wrong answer, it'd be nice if you remember that.

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Also, look at the poll. There might not be so many votes yet, but it clearly says what we think.

You are practically insulting Blizzard. I disagree; the lore IS already innovative, unique, badass, powerful, etc.
    I find the Terran faction a lot more interesting since they aren't THAT high tech. You can feel their struggle for survival. If you are looking for High tech doods, seek no further, for there is Protoss.
    The Terran faction is NOT the "high tech" faction in SC.

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

sorry if i was talking inaapropriately and i was being annoying. i was just trying to influence people well i cant help it if im doing it awkwardly and childdishly. ok sorry about that. i need to learn more, coz im speaking(writing) in my second language. english. i need to speak (oral) english more in person. ^^

i know.. but there could be something better and as effective as the pistol. i mean just to make the reaper look MORE baddass. yes there is and we should not be stuck with the pistols.

anyway i like what you said "It's not like Reapers represent the entire Terran faction's wealth.and they are just expendable criminals". this might get me to like the pistols. lol. yes really.

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The angry flames from a couple of Gauss Pistols are a lot more baddass than the blue glow from a plasma or electric weapon...