1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

?

Do you think Reapers need a new weapon? If so which one?

1. Reapers are fine with their current weapons.

100.0%
  2. Other, (More options will be added as I recieve them)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blast Cannon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

I really don't think anyone can argue against the the Reaper's weapon, the Guass Pistol. I see people just calling them simple guns, but they're basically just compact Guass Rifles, and nobody is complaining about Marines.

Reapers currently are equipt to fit thier intended purpose, hit & run attacks and raids. You don't need a big weapon to gun down vulnerable workers or light infantry targets. For structures, they have thier mines.

Thier original plans from them, having them be from a Merc Bar, only pushes the idea that they're not the most structured and upper class soldiers; they're basically thugs; so obviously no energy-weapons will be given to them. If the Terrans had any intension of giving infantry energy weapons, they'd hook up the Ghosts above all else. They probably don't even have the capability to do so.

Anywho, Terrans probably wouldn't like lasers anyway. Too clean and refined. Guns make a bigger mess of things.

2. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

I do't think it's their guns that need modifying. I thik they should be given better damage and range to help them with hit and run tactics. Heck with their current range, they'd have to get so close to attack they'd all be dead by the time they got close enough. It should be enough range so they can shoot well from a cliff.

3. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I honlestly like the Reapers current weapon, although a bit more range would be nice. It owuld be fun to attack a group of Zealots, run away, go back, repeat step one.

Mind you, Charge would kinda ruin that.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

terran is only ahead 100 years from now? wow im maybe 30 years shorts from seeing a real battlecruisers. =\

anyway reapers with new weapon = BETTER and EXCELLENT. trust me.

and reaper with gauss pistols = only satisfactory.

5. needler

needler New Member

It would be funny if Reapers would have big energy guns and someone would want them to have pistols. Then we would maybe say that pistols aren't good and Reapers are made for da big gunz. :D Would we?

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No, only zeratul would say that. :D

7. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

If they did have good range, they could do that with a cliff. Get on the cliff, fire. Come back down, chase after them. Then get back on the cliff. They're pretty fast as of right now.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

hahah.

but if there is a chance you'll see the reaper with a better cool weapon in an original blizzard artwork or in game itself im sure you and others will have a change of mind.

9. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Have you even seen the artwork for the pistols? They're MASSIVE. It isn't even fair to call them pistols when they're that size. They're more like... semi-auto Hand Cannons. Look up some artwork.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

iv'e seen that 100000000 million times. and i know its d@mn big. ^^

but the fact that it is still a pistol.... (bullets flying is just too primitive and NOSTALGIC, but i like the gauss rifle for the marine and its ENOUGH). OMG! sci fi please. there are better badass weapons than that. like i said something unique and original from blizzard. that would make the reaper and this game more appealing.. blizzard make that extra effort!

im sure of one thing here. in sc3 the reaper may get scrapped or it will have a better weapon for lorewise and sci fi feel sakes...BUT i say now is the time. make everything right in sc2. xp

i say weapons and static base defenses in sc2 should also be given importance and details. the phase canon shoots gay looking energy balls. its fine as long as they add up another static AOE defense. bunkers and turrets? i say level 2 upgrades for turrets. and please new base defenses for the zerg. ^^

warhammer units(space marines reapers) carrying pistols is ok because they are NOT human in someway. they are STRONG etc..

anyway check out unrealtournament 3 set of badass weapons.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=5wytw0VkdmI&feature=related
    ^ wow! they have a pistol too but it looks better.. and see the 4th weapon there that is my vision of what reapers are.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DkJSHJSr9vE
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KMuix9hV8

ok dont say its not terranish or they cant afford them.. coz if blizzard wants them they can include them and adding it up lorewise is easy. they are base raiders? i can see some weapons there that can REAP through enemies workers better. and it doesn't really look to costly, anyway in game you CANT mass reapers so giving them with an attack that we can actually see the projectiles wont ruin the visuals or anything.

11. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    what happened to my post? i nposted something about blast cannons and it disappeared :(

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

blast canons?

NOW thats better. repost it again. ^^

13. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Again Zeratul it comes down to personal preference. I personally like the Reapers how they you obviously have problems with them, guess neither of our opinions really matter unless there is some support behind them. This debate is going to go on forever unless we add a way to see what peoples opinions really are. So I suggest this send me a PM of every weapon you think it would be a good idea for the Reaper to have and Ill add a poll to this topic and we will be able to see the public opinions. If anyone else thinks there is a weapon that should be added to the poll feel free to PM me, or post in here.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wow. thanks. uhm but this is kinda bias and unfair coz the current permanent reaper weapon at the moment is the gauss pistol and everyone seem fine or not care much about it.

this is kind of one sided at the moment. so heres my plan to balance the poll. i will make a reaper artwork with some alternatives weapons for them.

then lets see which one gets the votes. ^^

anyway i cant still believe you prefer the pistol over that 4th weapon on the first videp. =\

15. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Thats my point Zeratul people like the current gun, while still knowing there are other options out there. Also would we be having this deabate if Blizzard instead of calling it a the weapon a pistol called it a MK 2000 Guase Assualt Cannon (Or whatever futuristic name you want)?

16. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Blast cannons are bassically futuristic shotguns but can be used in one hand. once fired the ammo spreads out meaning that they can not be used at a very long range however can hit multiple enemies at once if their grouped together.

im not sure about the range but 1-2 only hit one person, 3-4 hit two enemies 5-6 three enemies and thats the end of the range. against melee the reaper would be useless but they can jump away.
    the spread would be easier to use on a tile or grid so like 1st tile away from reaper fills up 1 tile 2nd tile three etc.
    alternatively it could just hit 2 units everytime which would make it better against zerglings.

i had it better last time...
    and i like the chainsaw idea, anyone played unreal tournament? they had a chainsaw in it and it felt right for the gritty game and i think it would suit the sort of outlaw type reapers.

i don't like gauss pistol seems too...marine

17. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Thing is Zeratul, I don't see Reapers as heavy assault types. They're quick, base-raiding, working-killing, economy-harassing SOBs, and that's what they were meant to be. They aren't supposed to have alot of fire power, just quick weapons. Each unit has a role, and it should have the right weapons to fill that role. Pistols that could take out a Jumbo Jet do that nicely.

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

they like it because its the first and official weapon for them when they were included in sc2. i dont see other units that were hated bcoz of their weapons.

now WHAT IF blizzard gave them electrical guns in the first place, im sure EVERYONE will get piss if they change them to pistols. hell yes. people will say OMG why go back to the past and give them pistols etc.

this is my point.

now if blizzard will give a reaper a new weapon and show them in artwork and give info lorewise im sure there will be many who will like it.

pistols? too SIMPLE and UNfuturistic. starcraft 2 and i think its about time the terran show the better stuffs they have for their infantries. dont even talk about the ghost.

other weapon can do this to or better. there are other JUST quick weapons outhere that can be effective.

pistols is something you see and know everyday. WHY NOT something else. i raelly hope blizzard realize this.

i like this way better than the pistols. il add up somethin later. afk

19. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Reapers would be better off with a weapon like an assault rifle or an SMG actually. From a military perspective pistols are pretty much crap in battles. You never see a soldier wielding a pistol. Why? Because pistols don't pack enough punch, range is too short, small clips, and they're not automatic. Even for a raider pistols wouldn't be enough unless it's some gauss pistol and it differs significantly, which I would doubt. Pistols just don't pack enough punch to be effective outside of street gunfights. Most body armor these days can protect shots from an assault rifle, which are much stronger with bigger bullets, let alone a pistol round. In the future it would be just as ineffective in a real battle as it is now.

20. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    This may help then Wick according to Blizzard this is the weapon the Reapers are using: P-45 Scythe Gauss Pistols.