1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

?

Do you think Reapers need a new weapon? If so which one?

1. Reapers are fine with their current weapons.

100.0%
  2. Other, (More options will be added as I recieve them)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blast Cannon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Alternate weapons for Reapers.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Dec 2, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

plasma, laser, electric, fire, cannon, rocket, are better raiding weapon than pistols obviously. and it just make them look powerful, the terran, and the starcraft 2 as a whole. sc2 should not be like warhammer were they hold pistol rifles all the time(well they have tons of powerful weapons aside from weapons with bullets, warhammer units are not really human like, the space marines are huge and powerful so letting them have pistols doesn't really matter. sc2 on the other hand is more realistic and they shoul get realistic weapons, furturistic powerful weapon that is. 2400+ years in the future and you only can come up with an updated desert eagle. just steal some great weapons from tons of other games or invent your own and not be nostalgic all the time which really sucks.

2. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

maybe like a laser pistol that shoots in bursts rather than the fire at will

3. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Just because I feel like bashing Zeratul some more and I want to finally state my opinion on this topic here goes.

First Zeratul what the hell do you think those guns from eraser were? They were railguns just like what and Marines and Reapers are using right now. The reason they dont go through things is because they cant they dont have near enough power. Your not gonna bust through Protoss shields and Terran armor with just one shot from a railgun. Also just having a railgun of that size would be miracle by todays standards and this of course is not count the Reapers power suit, jetpack, and stim packs which are all obviously way more advanced than anything we have today. Finally the Reapers do have explosives and do use them to deal larger units and buildings what do you think the D-8 charge is, a toy?

Im done ranting for the moment but remeber Reapers have a horrible life expectancy so the Terrans are only going to equip them with what is most efficient to make while being effective not the best of the best gear.

4. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    that is true. and the reapers mobilaty from cliffs to gound is a huge factor in the servival of the reapers

5. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

I don't know if anyone remembers this but the reapers are criminals that were put into the military as a punishment. You aren't going to want to give a murderer a highly damaging weapon or they might turn on you. This way if they turn on you the marines could waste them and they are still helping the cause by A) getting specific targets taken out or B) dieing which wouldn't be that bad either since they are horrible criminals which the terran didn't want in society anymore anyways... Think of it as the death sentence but with a chance to survive... Then again it would be easy for a reaper to just fly away...

If I am wrong on this just tell me... I like conversation :)

6. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    well that's true to a certain extent but when reapers are deployed in a hostile environment they need their back up so turning on you is not an option and if they turn on you they are hunted criminals again if they fight their free the motives to fight out way the desire to go AWOL.

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Reapers get a neural inhibitor implanted in their brains so they don't turn on you. So they really have no way of doing something their superiors don't want.

8. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

I would like to see the Reapers use dangerous spicey burritos as a projectile weapon. IE the guns are fine. ;)

9. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    well that changes things, the weapon he said sounds good to me. i like the burrito idea as well lol

10. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

Wait...Wait... I have a even better idea for the reaper's weapon, give them slingshots :) yeah... not really leave em alone the reapers are fine as they are

11. PreatorTengil

PreatorTengil New Member

I totally agree here. IMO the pistols are good, and if they ever got changed, then uzi/sub machine gun sounds like a good idea. The rate of fire I was imagening would be like somewhat close to robocops superpistol.

However, they are supposed to be a light raiding unit, that can't take much of a beating, but excellent at what they are doing. And why wouldn't marines also carry energy based weapons instead of the ordinary kinetic ones if they had the technology? Yeah you would problably argue that it's rare technology, but then i wouldn't understand why they would give it to soldiers that are light armoured, instead of giving it to units with tougher armour, to minimize the chance of having high-priced and valued technology lost in battle

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nah reapers deserves better weapon than pistols. sc3 no more pistols count on that. but well i think pistol should be gone now.

13. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Whats wrong with pistols?
    not every unit can have canister rifles and big ass machine guns...or flamethrowers.
    the pistol is original as far as starcraft is concerned.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no its NOT. i think blizzard is stuck with warhammer they should search for even cooler and badass weapon. Unreal tournament 3 has great weapons... as well as other games. ofcourse dont give them guns, flamethrowers, and canister (because they are already used by other terran infantry) but something not yet invented or seen. blizzard should create something nice for a terran infantry unfortunately the best terran infantry the ghost only gets a canister rifle... so im suggesting the reaper should get it instead yes even tho they are notorious criminals just let them die with their uver weapon.

15. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily. Do not quote the user directly above you.

you can not compare starcraft to other games, they arent in the same timeline or even dimension, pistols are fine for the reapers

16. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    the reason that the marines are not equiped with energy weapons is because they are your first soldiers made and the energy weapons are to expensive you would not be Abel to build them fast enough to defend against a rush attack

17. PreatorTengil

PreatorTengil New Member

I see it more in the level of technology that the terrans possess. The only energy based weapons in the terran army is the batteries on the criuser (and the planetery defence, though im not shure here). I don't think the terrans have the kind of technology to minimize them in to the size of a rifle, and have only done it in larger forms so far, as stated above

If protoss weren't that religious and the zealot used some kind of rifle istead, then that would be a whole other deal, since we all know what kind of level they are at

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

im sure the terran can afford energy weapons (they have tons of bc and im sure 1 bc is equivalent to hordes of energy weapons.) and there is a good reason why they dont use one. gauss is more effective against the protoss? more badass? the marine likes it? gauss rifle can be fired at a faster rate which is very important against the zerg swarm? or blizzard is just nosalgic about the terran. i dont know...hahah

19. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I guess there are at least two reasons why Blizz keeps this old-school weapons in their units.
    One of them is because energy-based weapons are strictly related to the Protoss, and giving terran units energy based weapons would create a certain confusion and would also make these 2 races more alike, and Blizz wants to make the 3 races totally unique and different from each other.
    Second of all, because Terrans, although they're not earthlings, they are humans indeed. Therefore Blizz makes futuristic units with oldschool weapons to give them an extra realism and credibility. Kinda like to give you the illusion that all of this things could actually happen in a not-so-distant future. I know it sounds a little bit crazy but.. let's be real, what person who played the game didn't feel recognized with the terrans, at least at first glance?..

20. PreatorTengil

PreatorTengil New Member

I agree with mealstrom, that it is first and foremost a question of distinction..

And secondly, I wasen't talking about them not being able to afford the technology, it's just that they aren't really there yet that they would be able to cramp down energy weapons into the size of a rifle. Hence it's only place are the gigantic batteries mounted on the battlecriuser so far, and the only size the weapons aren't unstable in. And that it isn't that far away in the future just further my claims