1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aKa-jR's intro, and a Terran Solution.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by aKa562jR, Feb 12, 2008.

aKa-jR's intro, and a Terran Solution.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by aKa562jR, Feb 12, 2008.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I strongly dislike the idea because I don't believe any race should have a super unit. The Mothership is not and never was a super unit that was just bad wording on Blizzards part. While yes the the Mothership is powerful and you can only have 1 of them, that is basicly the Protoss theme taken to the extreme a small number of powerful units, not an actual super unit because it is really douptful it will the game would be dominated by it more likely it will act as more of a late game flagship unit, than anything else. The Terrans are a different race with a different theme, just like the Zerg and neither race should have the unique (aka you can only have 1 at a time) unit mechanic.

Now while your unit idea is interesting, if it were going to be implemented I would really hope it would be nerfed significantly and made into an average AtA fighter.

2. aKa562jR

aKa562jR New Member

@Lord: If it were made into an average AtA fighter that would defeat the purpose, plus, that's the more "common" solution. And how can you say that the Mothership isn't a super unit?

@Kaaraa: The Falcon isn't supposed to be a heavy assault ship. The BC will still be that. It's supposed to be a fighter, but an extremely good one.

@Lichking: What does "salvaged" mean?

3. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    The title is: aKa-jR's intro, and a Terran Solution.
    And the most miss a AtA fighter against Light units...
    And know you says it shouldn't be used against that...
    Whats then you solution?

4. aKa562jR

aKa562jR New Member

If you had read my earlier post I said it would have a bonus vs. lightly armored flyers, but still be powerful against everything else.

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yes but for god sake listen!
    It comes so late that it wont help against mutalisks etc.
    And Terran need a dedicated fighter vs light, not a ship that costs nearly as much as a capital ship...
    If I may ask, do you name stand for anything or is it random?

6. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I can say it very easily after arguing this in varying degrees for the last 6 months. So what would you like as proof a quote from "Cavez" one of the games developers?
    If that is not enough how about just simply this, "The Mothership is not a super unit in the sense that it is not like a Hero from WC3, it won't be as game changing."

So now that is out of the way, your right it may be the "common" solution but that doesn't make it a "bad" solution. So do you anything else in support of your idea other than the fact the Mothership may or may not be a "super" unit?

7. The Viking reminds me of a Chicken when it is in walker mode. Just wanted to throw that out there.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Starcraftedmatt welcome to the forum!
    To start out with its a good idea to read the rules...
    And after that you can make a topic in Introduce Yourself

Back to topic:
    I agree that the Mothership isnt a super unit (when Blizzard says it :D), and i hope that it will be like BC´s in TvT (SC1), only usefull when you already has the advantage... so that in PvP if two protoss armies cost the same, protoss army with MS = protoss army without MS, but if one of them already has an advantage and has more money, he would be able to buy an MS to "close" the game...

9. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i to be honest dont like the idea as well...
    it sounds good, but...its already super late in the game dude...by the time you get it, they probably have mass hydras or mass stalkers to bring that falcon down.
    im not saying its a crap idea. its good! =] ...i just dont want something like that in the game. i love the name tho, perfect name for a ATA!!
    and if we sound too harsh tell us. dw, furrer is a nice guy, his just trying to point something out for you =]

:powerup: for an awesome idea that i dont like...ROFL!! LOL! =D

EDIT: oh and welcome btw. im megaman =D