1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about buying a Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by nx130, Dec 6, 2007.

A question about buying a Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by nx130, Dec 6, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    To be frank, BoP, I'm not "selling" anything.

The only things I advocate on this forum are wholesale and beneficial. I'm doing exactly the opposite of what you claim. And my telling a user not to waste his money on buying a 360 in the first place when a newer version of the Xbox is just around the corner is not a bias or "advertising." I'm not suggesting he buy a PS3. I don't think that would be the proper choice since he clearly favors either the price lineup or the titles.

For whatever reason he has already decided to buy an Xbox, I'm warning him that a new one is going to be forthcoming and spending what can only be called a "hefty" investment on an obsolete platform is a huge mistake because of the timing.

If he had wanted to buy one a year or a year and a half ago, the problem would be much different. As far as I can tell, NO ONE should be buying consoles. They're already obsolete as far as my opinion goes. Does that mean they're not cool? NO! But any expert worth his salt is going to tell you that computers and consoles are already well on the way to becoming one unit. Heck, the PS3 is a computer. You can even put your own Operating System on it and hook it up to a keyboard and mouse. Psshh...