1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new idea for replacing Marine's bayonets.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by IeatZERGs, Nov 23, 2007.

A new idea for replacing Marine's bayonets.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by IeatZERGs, Nov 23, 2007.

1. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Well, I think the main use for this type of thing is to break up the front lines of attacks. For example, 24 zerglings charge, you've have 12 Marines, Each Marine stuns one, half their army is effectivly crippled. So why not make it work all the time, but give it a minute in between each stun? That way, unless you have a massive battle, (And your marines likely wont make it out anyways), you can use it at the beginging of a battle, and break up the enemy ranks.

2. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    nope they effect energy and shields emp is an anti-archon ability though if there ever was one

3. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

your hypothesis only works if there is 100% probability of actually stunning them. which means that somehow all the marines should be successful at stunning the zerglings at once, which is basically rarer than winning the grand prize with a 6/49 lotto ticket with no encore.

4. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

thank you for the info darkone! :D
    hehehe spellcasters beware! I have EMP! lol

5. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    your welcome, though DA's are better for dealing with them though

oh and dude your not supposed to double post

6. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

oh sorry, will never do that again.

7. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

What I meant was, let's assume the Taser is mounted on the barrel of the gun. When the marine fires, the taser is always shot. Difference is, it may or may not be charged. So the first time he fires it, it's charged and will stung the target. Second time however, it isn't charged, so no stun. It takes a minute or so to fully recharge and be set to fire again.

So yes, if the taser is acctually charged, there is a 100% probability that when it fires, it's gonna stun something.

8. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

Ok then, but then the stun duration should be increased by, oh i dont know, 3 seconds. cuz there would be no difference stunning those zerglings if you only stun them for 1 second. Why? zerglings kill fast. I have never seen zerglings taking more than one minute to rape those marines. They are fast killers and also easily "squishable".

PS: They have INSANE attack speed when upgraded in tier 3. ESPECIALLY the devouring one.

9. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

That right there is the problem with the entire upgrade. How long should the stun be? With massed Marines, 3 seconds is huge. You can select 150 marines in a single selection box. 3 seconds isn't long, but with 150 marines knocking on your door, it's an eternity. So really we'd have to play with it to see how useful or realistic this upgrade could be. Either way, it's a cool idea, and it's fun discussing. :p

10. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

maybe the stun success rate and the duration should be completely random. Who knows? It may turn the tides of battle. ;) I can already hear korean starcraft league commentators screaming at top of their lungs in Korean : "WTF! They stunned them! OMG! Im going nuts!" LOL

11. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    no i don't like that idea it should be 100% if the shot is fired

12. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

ARGH My head hurts! Lets just hope devs will read this and make something good out of this crap!

13. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Hmm, I like this idea but if marines were given a taze gun instead of a regular gun then wouldn't that make marines only useful for stunning their enemies and then sending the big mechs afterward to finnish what was started or something. Zerglings with a bunch marines standing around with siege tanks will make zerglings speed upgrade useless.
    I like IeatZERGs orignal idea beter. It makes marines not all about stunning and more about tazers being last resorts because that was what they were supposed to do in the first place.
    And you should delete the double posts and add it to the last post you made with the revise button because they look at the posts you make everyonce in a while.
    Oh yeah and when we are done talking about tazers can we talk about other ideas because the tittle is A New Idea For Replacing Marine's Bayonets.

14. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    the new idea was the teasers, but if you want to suggest a new idea, you are welcome to do so

15. vinzel

vinzel New Member

the marines should tay like in SC original WITHOUT bayonets and WITHOUT shield
    bayonets are useless, SC is set in the future so why use a so prehystoric weapon like a the bayonet its ridiculous.
    the shield: marines are light infantery the shield will have to be really but really, light and even if it was, it will only get in the way

16. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Keep the shield, lose the bayonet, and just make it a NET GUN!

At about 1.5 range (just out of melee) the marine shoots a net that stops the enemy from moving(can still attack), X per marine life or cooldown whatever will be balanced, for X seconds.

Those pesky zerglings and zealots wont be so happy in a net!

P.S bayoNET GUN!

17. Overling

Overling New Member

I thought of something: bayonets are soaked in bat saliva in order to prevent blood coagulation. Bayonets would be useful if they prevented injured zergs from regenerating in a while. This could be useful, for instance, against Ultralisks, that cannot be properly damaged by marines or firebats on account of regenerating. But the Tazer idea really should be dropped, imo.

18. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

That is acctually a cool idea, something to stop them from regaining health. I mean, it would fit right in with the lore. Terrans are resourceful. They're good at going, "Here's the problem, how do we solve it?". Plus it's a functional gameplay mechanic, it serves a good purpose. I like it.

19. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

It's true, that the bayonet is ugly and all, but they are still used for close quarters combat in modern militaries.
    Marines are everything but light infantry! Did you watch the announcement video. That suit is HUGE! And the gun is at least 1.2 meters (4 feet) long, and extremely thick! You can hardly even call them infantry...

20. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

grenade launcher seems more practical than a taser