1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new archon and AA fighter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 9, 2007.

A new archon and AA fighter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Sub Temepest??? WTF? NO!  They should ahve just had new interceptors

2. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

is it ??? okey isee thanks :)

3. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    @BirdofPrey- LOL i was joking there and i was just thinking of a new name Mohohohohoho! ;D

4. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

As much as i enjoyed the Carrier i would like to see a new protoss capital ship. The carrier is more of a human like concept. The mothership is a capital ship but it's more like a spellcaster ship not a front line assault battleship. I think a sort of advanced battleship would go along with the protoss alot better. The tempest remains as a support fregate type ship and a powerfull battleship would take its place.

5. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Perhaps the Twilight Archon can be an upgrade of the normal Archon and the Void Archon is an upgrade of the Dark Archon?

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Oh hey look a troll.  Oh by the way you seem too dense to realize that each idea has a separate thread so it can have a separate discussion.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    You said topic. Topic is synonymous with thread. Did you mean to say new forum section? That would be acceptable I just read you as wanting on thread as an idea dump which wouldn't work

8. Anubis_theDark

Dude i never said i am a good artist. Also there is something called freedom of haveing ideeas. If you are one of those people who just wait and see what a game maker comes up with than that is your problem , but you see there is a little thing called feedback from fans, and that is the point of forums ... feedack... it's either an ideea or just a comment but it's something. No one ever said that feedback is just commenting the geniosity of a game company and ass kissing them or critisising them. Now some of us will continue to post these unworthy ideeas and if you can't get used to it than go see a psychiatrist ... it might make wonders. Also if someone draws better than someone else, doesn't exactly means that he should be the only drawer. These are my ideeas and i will be ethe only one drawing them - you should try using a pencil and a papper and see what happens ... because that's the only 2 things i use - no pc programs or shit like that - call me an old fashion drawer - also i never studied art and i draw as a hobby but then again if you don't like it it's your opinnion and i respect it.
    Ps : how in this world did you imagined that pheonix and mothership = corsair !?! Seriously. The corasir was a superiority air to air fighter, the pheonix is more of a redesigned scout as for the mothership ... well it's more of a spellcaster capital ship with no aa attack. Again how...!?

9. Anubis_theDark

Also these thread is called protoss units and structures and bouth of my sketches are ideeas for protoss ... where the f..k were they supposed to be posted?

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If it bugs you that much YOU petition the admin. It seems you ar the only one bugged by this anyway

11. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

I played in many tourneys for Starcraft and trust me while what the tourneys bring for units aren't what everyone brings, it should be. They statistically and through practical application prove why certain units are limited to so small roles generally you will never see them.

This is the process for getting DA(btw I was/am primarily toss player with some ability with zerg):
    Build up to max unit limit.
    At 8th Probe you should have 100 minerals quickly, set a pylon warp point then use the probe to scout. Buy about 5 more Probes from there.
    Build 3 more probes, a Gateway, and an Assimilator.
    From there it is simply pump out as many zealots as you can while teching up to DA.

However, the DA tech up is worth a crapload less then the High Templar tech. So obviously High Templar tech is there(awesome on defense and offense) first. Basically this means the DA is a mid to late game unit because you can't just play zealots and dragoons all game(well ya can, but not against good players) and eventually you need to tech up and upgrade your units. Now, what do I think of the DA's skills?

1. Feedback; good in concept bad in application. Where in the world are you going to find a spellcaster alone? The only 2 I can think is the Queen which is so fast she will just run away and you won't get the kill or a Ghost which has cloak and is relatively inexpensive.

2. Maelstrom; another good in concept bad in application skill. First, it stuns everything in the area, which means you have to send the DA out of the cover of your other units to make sure you get more of them then you. Second, organics only, which as I said before this is a late game unit unless you want to get rick roll'd, so other then zerg your Maelstrom would be useless, and even then zerg are spam units and kill one of yours for every 2 you kill of theirs. They can handle losses, heck they just replenish those loses in a few minutes. Oh yeah, Third, it lasts for 180 cycles, which means on those ultra fast game speed games is about 7ish seconds....wooohh.

3. Mind Control; wow an actual good skill. Best for defense though, and mainly as an anti-reaver drop or such. Not worth it imo when a High templar does the same for less money spent.

That is why we don't need a DA, there were better units out there and the toss was actually pointing in an entirely different direction. DA was only good against BAD players or COMPs. Nothing else. This post is not for people who play infinite mineral maps btw.

12. Anubis_theDark

I totally agree with you but when makeing a game you must make it for all types of gameplay, and the void archon would have 3 spells from a far greater number of possible ones (6 - 8). If you want an example, take the necron lord in dark crusade with the relics from the forbidden archive.

13. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Point there. However in some of the recent interviews it has been said that they basically got all the units they need/want, they are just play-testing(also known as alpha and beta testing) the units for balance and maybe taking one out to put another one in. The reaver is a good example of this. Anyway what I am trying to say is which unit would be dropped for the void, why is it better to the game play, AND does it go along with the style of the toss better or worse then the unit it is replacing?

14. Anubis_theDark

hmm...you have a point there, but then again there is no need for all species to have the same number of units... so there is no need for the void archon to replace a unit , but become a new one. Anyway it is up to blizzard to decide what goes in and out , and come to think of it i think posting these sketches/ ideeas is in a way a waste of time- i seriously doubt blizzard members even find the time to read these topics. But i guess it would be also cool if blizzard would add alot more models to the editor , for the fans to play with.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I have an idea lets drop this idea of 3 archons and the idea of the units creating the TA determine its abilities and just have it like the BC where you build it and then pick an ability after it has been made

16. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Its not a waste of time, refine the idea to fit into the toss's playstyle. There are ways to contact the blizzard guys, trust me.