1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Vulture had the same relationship with melee units. It's not OP. The Zerg in that video could have surprised him with a surround using burrow, or supported the Banelings and Zerglings with Hydralisks.

2. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

In addition to what Gmg said I think its also safe to say that the zerg was playing like a complete idiot (probably not his fault since the game keeps changing and he didnt have much time to learn anything properly). He trying to chase down helios with unupgraded zerglings and banelings which are both melee units. Its kind of trying to kill vultures with zealots on a open space. Not going to happen.

3. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

[eq]
    [/eq]

actually the banelings were upgraded. the rolled instead of crawled which means they have the speed upgrade. but ya, the zerg was being very careless with the banelings, contantly trying to kill the hellions with the banelings even tho it was so obvious that he failed the first 3 times he tried to do it... he should have burrowed and ambushed and flanked the lions ones they were on the creep where the banelings get speed upgraded. that and theres no where for them to go if the zerg player flanked him from behind.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
  4. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ya plus a smart player could burrow a couple in random places and have them explode when the hellions come near them.

5. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    That's a great point. It seems there showing of the other races and there abilites. Just wait for a litte bit until the bilzz fixes the Zerg way up. Then they will show off the Zerg as the super race killing off the other races with ease. And if they don't do it soon they beta will kill off the last litte bits that they missed. All we can do now is wait. Soon the Zerg will get their 15 minutes of glory like the other races.

6. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

yes as of now the zerg where the last out of the other 2 to get impamented so they haven"t had the luxury of the other 2 to get the kinks sorted out.

Pros that I have noticed -

The spawn larva does speen up units production but I think its the fact the they may need to make it somewhat easier for the queen to "auto" spawn larva with less macro possible a auto cast on a perticuar building would suffice

there not as gas dependent as the other 2 races are which is a plus because I guess gas is harder to come by

units are alot faster

defenses can walk around makeing them practicly units in their own rite and are created faster

creep in easier to get around the map thanks to the overlord and now the creep tumor ability of the queen which as of now I believe is energy which could be good or bad

nydus canals have been upgraded so their alot better

Cons

Their tech tree is the longest out of the other 2 races

I don"t see any heavy damage versus ground units till tier 3 unless you count banelings but they kill themselfs(stuff versus heavy armored)

unit production slows down toward tier 2.5 seemingly from videos probly because warp in and double cue come in to place and the extra minerals mined by the other 2 races starts to dig in.

Same goes with mineral count because of the mules and proton charge (spawn larva really dosen"t adress this like it should because the other 2 are abilities that increase Minerals per second over a larger area) and zerg still have to sacrifice drones to build buildings.

The roaches regeneration is handy but for the cost as a zerg unit they don"t seem to deal the right kind of damage and don"t seem to have a good dps ratio compaired to the othe zerg unit.

Now with the corruptor being in place and being cheaper then a mutlisk I belive its due for a cost decrease (vikeing and mutalisks cost the same)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    You want them to remove the macro... from a macro mechanic?

If you plan to mass Roaches, Zerglings and Banelings, yes. But all other fighting units cost gas. And besides, if the Zerg as a whole come off as not requiring much gas it will be fixed in beta.

8. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I ment micro

Im not saying they don"t need gas but they don"t use it as much in the begining.

queens, roaches, zerglings, banelings all only costs minerals.

9. CROrens

CROrens New Member

no, why make it easier....
    Starcraft is an esport cuz it's macro and micro heavy, you can be good but also you can be gosu

10. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    i think since the roach has been moved to teir 2 that they will make it need gas, just because its in a higher teir. i meant except for the zerg you could only get you're first attacking units with minerals only. but i think that since the roach has been moved up it will get an HP boost (or debuff) and probly an attack boost, witch will mean it cost gas (posibly).

11. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Lack of uniqueness/inspiration. The new Zerg features just seem bland compared to what the other races received.

12. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    ^ I completly agree!

Nothing else needs to happen then a quick and swift overhaul that fixes the problems.
    (but that's just my opinion)

13. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

I totally agree. The new Zerg queen is pretty terrible and they seem pretty much exactly the same as the old Zerg.

14. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ya it seems they have only improved things more so then acully adding anything really revolutionary.

15. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I agree, other then a couple new units here and there they Zerg feel like they haven't changed much. Maybe a ton of new mechanics but that's about it. Same ling hydra with support unit army. Now massing more, and infinite destruction as usual.

16. Cybertox

Cybertox New Member

Switzerland
    Larva

I think the problem is in the Hatchery because only three larvas per hatchery is not enough!
    To make an army with only 1 hatchery takes a lot of time.And if you ant to make units faster you need to build another Hatchery but the Hatchery are not cheap and you spend a lot of resources i think they must add 3 larvas more because with 6 larvas is way better than only 3.

17. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    Uh no, just no..

They only get three because they can build any unit so long as the tech building exsists.

18. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Exachly, make a few bases with a couple hatcherys at each and then you can mass an army and you don't have to make a ton of different buildings to make units you want.

Also I think if you wanted to switch tech the fastest you would use Zerg because if you're going m&ms and drops with SV's and you want t switch to tanks and galiath with some spidermines you have to complelty switch buildings etc.

Where Zerg just start massing that unit instantly.

There's an advantage over the other races.

19. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    errr why not >.>

20. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    what are you asking?