1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

1. Novacute

Novacute New Member

I thought the increased regeneration upgrade is introduced to increase it's survivalbility in a late game. So i guess it would perform relatively better. After all it's meant to absorb damage, not so much an offensive unit.

2. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    It's more of an ultralisk for an earlyer teir. I mean ultra has lots o HP and the roach regenertes 20x the normal regen. It doesn't do much damge. The ultra doesn't do much damge (I'm saying very little damge for there size and there teir when I say that)

3. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Please do not quote the post above your own.

Are you serious ultras not doing that much damage ya their a last tier but their 3 times stronger then they where in sc1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
  4. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Did you even read my post? I was meaning they play the same roll just at different stages of the game.

5. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Yes i did but respectivly for the tier they still do loads of damage and have alot of survivability but yes roaches need a attack change so they are effective late game units.

I think its mainly the cost and the speed at which zerg units are produced at compaired to other units with protoss warp in (look at battle report 3 you can instant like 6+ guys if all your gates are up) and the terran unit spam the zerg really need something thats passive with their unit building that makes there units pop out quicker.

It also seems the zerg have the longest teir construction out of the 3 races and the protoss and terran can pop out tier 3 units in about half the time the zerg can.

I propose a 2 drone per egg effect with balanceing of course. :)

I also think the queen's abilities should be more passive (spawn larva really is really time consumeing compaired to the other 2 races) leaveing 1 possible defensive ability.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  6. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    i like the idea of having two drones per egg. maybe the queen would have an upgrade and she would upgrade the lavae so that they can hatch to drones at a time. and have it come around the time that the terrans can get mules and the protoss proton charge.

and do you have any videos or something else to suport that the zerg have the longest wait to get to the last teir? i think that all races should be able to get to the last teir around the same time if all of the races are mining at the same rate and arent attacking/ making units. and just focusing on builing up teirs, i believe that all of the races should be able to get there at the same time.

7. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Well ill expalain it this way the zerg are placed in a straight line with the hive/lair/hatchery building makeing tech take longer and also alot of building morph to be able to use certian units.

Now this wasen"t as huge issue in sc but in sc2 alot of units like the lurker and hydra have been pushed back.

I really like the idea of supporting 2 drones because of the now prevelant resource mechanics, loss of micro, addition of more unit production speed for the other 2 races.

8. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    Is it me, or the Zerg are not swarmers anymore? I mean, I always see huge forces os stalkers, or marines, but the Zerg does not seem to gather sheer numbers as they used to in SC1...

9. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

well i think if they make it to where 2 drones hatch in one egg instead of 1 per egg then i think that would increase the cost from 50 to 100 per spawn. and that would kinda defeat the purpose. i think it would be better if the drones got a ability to increase the minerals they gather per trip or inscrease the speed at which they gather from a upgrade at the lair/hive or as a cast ability from the queen. but thats imo

10. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Why not just make the larvae thing an upgrade from the queen so it's pushed back to around the same time as proton charge (toss) and the mule (Terran)

I think that would even things out.

11. Raylito

Raylito New Member

A super-hatchery - allowing 8 larva at a time in late game....

Or the zerg unit could morph into a cocoon and then split into two - i.e. clone itself. But only on Creep as that is where it derives its nutrients for the split. The new units are then at a low HP, which they regenerate after a time.

12. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    So if you slpit a zergling it's health for each one is slpit in half? So if you split an ultra it would have 300hp instead of 600. Sounds like a deal for spell casters and units with masive HP.

13. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I just really don"t think its the fact of adding more eggs.

14. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    i think we just need a cheering up with a zerg winning a battle report to shut us up and make us stop complaining on somthing that blizzard probly has fixed or was never a problem since they have such a fast spawn rate anyway. i mean you have 10 hatcherys, what 20 secs and you just made 30 drones to speed up mining into infinite. thats got to amount to something.

i know as a zerg player that you might want to do that every once in a while to speed up your mining.
    (may not be the best minerals spent but it raises your economy greatly.)

15. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova

I noticed that too. In the battle reports, the zerg player's enemies always seemed to have similar amounts of units as the zerg player. I think it's because the zerg's ability to procude more larva doesn't compete with the protoss/terran economy additions,allowing them to "zerg up" as well due to thier huge resource pooling.

16. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

the zerg can still swarm. infact they can swarm even better in sc2 then they could in sc1 because of the free extra larva the queen can spawn from each hatchery. in the battle reports the player who is controlling the zerg just seemed to have wasted the units or didnt bother massing them up is all.

but even still, we seen quite a good ammount of zerg units (in terms of numbers) from the battle reports despite each zerg player in both BR2 and 3 having at most 3 hatcheries if that much.

but also, i think the terran and toss both have a researched ability to produce units faster. for the toss i think its the transfromation of the gatway into a warpgate or w/e its called. i forgot what its called for terran tho. so ya that can also factor in. but i think its just a matter of the zerg player not producing ENOUGHT hatcheries. like i said t he most i seen the 2 zerg players make was like 2 or 3 hatcheries while the toss and terran had more gatways/baracks.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  17. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    True but if you don't have the minerals to make enought units and fill each hatcherys larvae in a round of pressing buttons like hell you won't get the amount of units you need to survive. Plus they have been a little careless as well as very poor harrases in BR3 were he goes in does MINIMAL damge and he loses all of his units right thee and then. They need a better Zerg player and a BR with the Zerg winning. Everyones just really sad that the Zerg can't win once and are crying for buffs of the Zerg and debuffs or the others. We just need to watch one victory and well see the Zerg are still going to be a used race in SC2.

18. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

well ya, but i doubt it will solve anything really if they did win in a battle report. like a few ppl seemed to have said, (which i dont know if its true or not but everyone seems to say it is...) Battle reports are fixed fights. so even if the zerg do win it would just be a planed win to please the crowd. meaning the opposing team would have lost on purpose. that wont prove that the zerg units are on par with the other races since they would have won just by staging. so thats why i dont think ppl are complaining just because the zerg are loosing since those losses seem to be done on purpose or something as everyone is saying.

i just want to see a battle report where the zerg uses its full arsenal of abilities. right now if we go by the wiki and other sources then that will just show us that the zerg doesnt have much compared to other classes. the other races (terran especially) just seem to have so much more tech then the zerg. and because of that i want to see just exactly how the zerg fair with such a disadvantage. right now, going by the wiki and other sources that tell the toss terran and zergs units and tech i cant see how the zerg can win in a fair all out fight with those races. hopefully tho when beta is released we will see replays of all out battles like those.

the beta will for sure tell us if the zerg is just to weak compared to other classes or if there on the same level as them.

19. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=96479
    According to what I quoted above Blizzard developers are well aware of the zerg troubles. Its nice to see that they do pick up on these things very quickely and pay attention to them. As I said many times before this is Blizzard that were talking about and obvious balance issues such as those discussed in this thread will obviously not survive beta.

20. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ya there is a new sc2 video of banelings being kited around by hellions being completely toyed with.

Thats what iv been saying all along about the swarming of units take a look at my egg thread it makes sense (its because of the warp in and double cue that is in place now it negates the whole extra egg thing and also the zerg ability to swarm plus the increased cost of zerg units).

Then again there are things we still haven"t seen I think crawlers are going to play a big roll for the zerg now as they can get up and move around and with spreed creep this is more prevelant.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009