1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Isn't the way the larvae thing work is by making 4 more larvae spawn. So if you have 0 larvae it will make 4 larvae and no more because it's suppsed to only make 3? But if you had 3 larvae it would give you seven because it spawns 4 more addedntothe 3.

So wouldn't an auto cast be stupid because you would only get 1 more larvae?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    he was talking about the old mechanic, It make a normal Larva into a Mutated Larva, it was able to move where-ever you want and was able to morph into units faster than their normal build time.

3. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Oh. Thx 4 clearing that up. And I guess that, thAt mechanic would work as an auto cast. But I think Iike this new mechanic better because you can have more then one hatch for only paying energy. This helps the Zerg even more when I comes to rushes. They can build like a normal 9 pool then make queen and ovie then pop out 14 zerglings. This would make it so the enemy may have a little bit better defence but you have more then double what you would have.

(one thing tho, what abilits does the queen get when she's made without upgrading her? I do know that she gets 50 energy at start, but I'm not sure what she costs I've hard that she costs 100 minerals.)

4. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    I believe that she cost 150 Minerals and 50 Gas, i've seen conflicting data on the gas tho some say she cost gas others dont. anyway yes you can make one as soon as a Spawning Pool is built, and comes with the abilities Spawn Larva and Create Creep Tumor right from the start.

5. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

No. Each mutant larva cost 1 control. You'd quickly run out if you couldn't control it.

6. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I didn't know that. So yes then you would have to chose if u want to use it. Other wise (if you had enough hatcherys) you would run out of control. Therefor it SHOULD not be an auto cast because it needs to be something that u use as micro, other wise ur ganna lose ur control pretty fast.(of course it depends on how many hatcherys you have)

7. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The zerg should be the quickest producing, lowest costing, most swarming race out of the three hands down.

8. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    That's also true. Maybe if the old mechanics were to come back every hatchery would cost let's say .5 control of the auto cast is upon it.

But I like this new mech better. You can cast on a bunch at once and make over double the normal amount then you would normal be able to make. And all it couts on is a bunch of energy and/or a bunch of queens. Think if you had a couple queens at each base. And there is a two hatch build there. Then a sudden attack comes but you don't have a nydus network up quite yet but you have plenty of control. So you pop out the queens use the larvae on each and then use a little micro on ur queens until until your deffence spawns.

9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    That's also true. Maybe if the old mechanics were to come back every hatchery would cost let's say .5 control of the auto cast is upon it.

But I like this new mech better. You can cast on a bunch at once and make over double the normal amount then you would normal be able to make. And all it couts on is a bunch of energy and/or a bunch of queens. Think if you had a couple queens at each base. And there is a two hatch build there. Then a sudden attack comes but you don't have a nydus network up quite yet but you have plenty of control. So you pop out the queens use the larvae on each and then use a little micro on ur queens until until your deffence spawns.

10. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I think the mechanic should work so the queen can lay 3 larva anywhere on creep control and the units have a decreased building time possible being auto cast.

11. Runei

Runei New Member

Kansas City
    From what I've seen from the battle reports, it looks like zerg is focusing too much on making pretty tech and not focusing on mass unit production. Sauron zerg seems to be the overall theme and I am looking forward to having tons of map control with the new line of sight physics, hiding behind bushes and what not, its going to be a slaughter :)

12. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Na its the fact that the other 2 races are overpowering the zerg when it comes to unit production plus alot of the early units the zerg has are a bit expensive like the hydra roach ect and zerglings seem to die even easier then befor.

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Yeah which tends to make every zerg player go to get a queen as a necessity for the extra larvae... Zerglings will be zerglings coz they're made to die lol, but no, they dont die as quicker than before,. unit production is a point though as it was the zergs primary advantage against the other races, and now it seemed like theyve cought up with the pace.... we'll just have to see.

14. Novacute

Novacute New Member

yeah and plus, zergs can be deadly with multiple hatcheries. A zerg player is meant to build several anyway.. and you'll have to consider that they have access to creep bonuses and queens too. In effect, this would offset the production rate. Also, the roach does not 'die' easily. The Battle report 2 highlighted it's durability against concentrated fire. It was only defeated with marauders which are designed to counter it. Roaches can easily shrug most damage off through it's regeneration. I doubt 3 marines would survive against a roach with it's capabilities.

15. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Its not early game im wondering about when it comes to the roach its how it will do in the post-mid and end game with the roaches dps output/usefullness for its cost.

16. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    Roach has a rather low dps.... Which leads me to think its a meat shield that wont be of much use in late game bzcause there are stronger units that can counter it.

Its only useful when your opponent has early tier units who deal low dps, because it has high reg.
    However, as I just said, firepower is quite weak.

17. Novacute

Novacute New Member

agreed, it's dps is a fraction of what a zergling can do. I doubt it will prove useful later on.. especially with plenty of marauders and siege tanks. So massing hydralisk is still a great option right? With adequate support such as zerglings, roaches, infestors and a few ultralisks, they should be a formidable.

18. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    Well I loved the Hydras from SC1, its like the dragoons (also from SC1) you know: arguably the most polyvalent unit you could find. Now that Goon is gone, I hope Hydra will still serve the same role. I mean: it's an epic unit! (its like trying to do SC without Zealot for Toss or marine for terran. :D

19. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Yea I agree. The roach seems pointless unless you get it in very low teir. Like if you tech straight to. Them and get them on the battle field when there's only a couple of marines. Maybe that could be a liable strat maybe.

20. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    Well they should get an upgrade for a higher fire rate, if you want them to be useful in the late tier game.