1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A list of confirmed Terran units/mechanics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 20, 2007.

A list of confirmed Terran units/mechanics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    If you're referring to what I translated from the source Korean article, I didn't say that SD is only a detector, it was described as one. Then the article went on to talk about the upgrade to RD and the much larger radius and ability to track units even in FoW. The fact that opponents would be made aware of the domes' location/radius was also mentioned.

Did you find more detailed info on the domes Kehmdaddy?

2. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

No, no, I was simply reiterating what you had said. Someone on page two or so had commented that if the domes are only detectors, then they sound like bad replacements for the missile turret.

3. kingsky123

kingsky123 New Member

science vessel might not make the cut :(... or wraiths or dropships

10 scvs merging is a better idea imo... and it would be hilarious

Thor! scvs in disguise!

4. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Please don't misunderstand Kehmdaddy, I didn't take any offense. I was more interested as to whether you found some extra new info on the domes.

There is no way that SciVes ain't making it back. It was the best caster in the game IMO. Whether it's renamed, repackaged, revamped, or whatever else, it will be back. I can't imagine SC without vessels, EMP, and irradiate.

5. kingsky123

kingsky123 New Member

true... everyone loves that ball'o'beauty.

one more line : SCV's MORE THEN MEETS THE EYE

6. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    With the introduction of both Viking AND Banshee, the two units ive been hoping they'd add, I don't miss the Wraith one bit. I never liked using Wraiths really, unless the occasion called for it.

Eh, SciVes may or may not be coming back. I expect something of the same function to come back, but not the Sci Ves itself.

All my favorite units are making a comeback or will be introduced...im so excited!!

7. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    I don't like most of the names and the ghost's ability to call down 6 marines. Just doesn't sound right. But the units are awesome. Assaults on a terran's base are going to be tactical and fun like hell.
    Oh, and maybe the missile turret won't be a detector anymore? And you'll have to build a dome to detect?

8. burkid

burkid New Member

according to the new article, it says 8 marines, rather than 6, but that might just be a mistake.

9. Ych

Ych New Member

Updated the page from the recent German magazine infos.

10. burkid

burkid New Member

the german thing said that the viking ground form had an air attack, but less armor than air form or something like that.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes and they said more BIG explosions and lasers. now thats what im talking about. yes i hope they put detail on everything specially special effect, environment, destructible doodads etc.

12. I)4rk

I)4rk New Member

Terran tech is awesome. Especially Thor, but I don't know about the Cobra, because I think it could be a little cheap vs Zealots. And I think Blizzard is dumbing down everything because now, you don't need to vulture micro...

13. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Zealot isn't meant to be good against vulture/cobra.

There seem to be some inconsistancies between info from the Korean article and info from the German article. Even though it's mostly just minor details, I don't know which to go by.

14. Ych

Ych New Member

I agree that there seems to be a lot of inconsistency. Especially when the German magazine mentioned that the Zergs are still in concept mode and that only the Zerglings and Mutalisks are what they have as of now. That totally contradicts what Rob Pardo said at the WWII International Round Table when he clearly stated that all 3 races are playable through multiplayer.

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Yeah, that's was my biggest concern. I find it hard to believe about Zerg still in concept phase.

If Zerg was more or less complete(not final but just complete, unit roster wise at this development stage) but they just wanted to do some adjustments or add/remove/replace some of the stuff they had for Zerg, that I'd understand. But to go from playable in multiplayer to still in concept phase, that's quite hard to swallow no matter how you look at it.

16. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    *Rubs whipped spot on the back* Deleting... deleting...

And the sniping idea for Ghosts was just from us right? No other forum or topic on the B.Net forums?
    This will be a nice counter if you're on higher ground and to prevent High Templar from Stasising our Bunkers and other defensive buildings.

I think Blizzard's starting to like us and our zany ideas.

17. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

lol i doubt they actually got it from forums

18. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Then they'd be going against their own words about listening to the playerbase. And they have Korean professionals playing it according to something on the Starcraft 2 site that I'm not going to link because I'm working on my map for the competition.

19. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

they are listening to player feedback, but something as simple as giving a ghost with a sniper like weapon a snipe ability would probably have been implemented years ago.

20. leemen

leemen New Member

Hi, I am new here, Is anyone missing Wraith? I hope Blizzard could keep this unit in Starcraft2. It is one of signs of Starcraft universe, Even the icon of SC is made from Wraith, so you can see its importance. And till now there is no one air unit of Terran that could hit both air and ground.