1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd Team

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Seradin, Sep 20, 2007.

?

We all have heard about blizzards secret, 3rd team. but what do you think it is?

1. World of Starcraft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Starcraft Movie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Warcraft Movie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Diablo Movie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Diablo 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Warcraft 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. None of the Above (Please state your idea)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. What 3rd Team?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

3rd Team

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Seradin, Sep 20, 2007.

1. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

Well heres my idea:

No Wolrd of Starcraft, why becuase it doesnt make sence, world of warcraft is about heroes and nations battling. Starcraft is about galactical battle, most units are cannon fodder, few heroes, so what your gonna have 2000 players control one battle cruiser? of be a zealot and die in every battle? so the answer is no.

Movies, i say no, movies you hear months about before the release, hollywood and the film industry dont like to keep secrets, and blizzard would have to work with a big production group to make a quality film and so we would know something...

Diablo 3......what is there to make?? diablo, mephisto and baal are dead, the soul stones are broken. how could they be raised again? some new evil? might be a possibility, but i think not.

Warcraft 4, being there is mostly only one dedicated strategy group at blizzard who are currently working no SC2 i think its out of the question there is a WC4 in the making.

Ideas: maybe blizzard is branching towards a new game genre and new game itself, but its someting we wont know till there is information brought to us by blizzard themselves.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    What about the Worldstone? Who knows what its destruction could have caused plus there are still two lesser evils outhere and the prime evils can't possibly be that easy to be destroyed if it is even possible

3. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I'd like to see Ghost come out, but for PC. Cuz I don't have a 360 or PS3 and don't intend to get one for a while. I'd say it's WC4. I saw an interview somewhere that dropped some not-so-subtle hints about it.

4. WillOfTheSwarm

WillOfTheSwarm New Member

Um.... Wasn't Warcraft the same thing as what you just described? They made a good transition in that, so why not a good transition for SC?

5. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

A starcraft movie would be very cool, but I would be very eager to know what it would be if it were entirely new.

6. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    I've heard rumors that Blizzard actually might start on something entirely new. On the Battle For Middle Earth 2 Forums, people mentioned that EA is done with it after Rise of the Witch King and they might sell it to other companies i,e, Blizzard.

7. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Blizz using the LoTR intellectual property? Doubtful.
    They have enough creativity to create a new universe and the will to sell books and figurines based off it. Obviously they couldn't do that with LoTR since those things already exist.

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    One of Blizzards most famous qoutes is "it's done when it's done".
    Maybe they are trying to finally get Starcraft Ghost done...
    It sure took them a while if that would be the case, but wouldn't it be awesome if they actually are putting a whole team on the game? That would almost certainly have to mean that they are going to finally finish it. I can't wait. ^^

9. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    finally i hope they finish it

10. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Doesn't mean they finish everything they start. Remember WarCraft Adventures?

11. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

If it is World of Starcraft I will cry with joy. It would be relatively easy to make a Planetside-like MMORPG and not that nicey nicey spellcasting bull that WoW is..

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i hope it's diablo 3, or world of diablo joke

13. Wrathbringer

Wrathbringer New Member

Problem with World of Starcraft is that it'll completely decimate WoW when it comes out, since I'm sure most people would rather play an MMO in the Starcraft universe than WoW. Blizzard is already making a killing on WoW, so only when it's popularity starts to REALLY go down will we have a chance at WoS.

14. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

actually it would be universe of starcraft

15. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

A) I don't think that there would be a WOS or UOS or w/e you are calling it because there would only be 3 races. Also the fact that you'd only be able to be certain units would cut down on charecters you could be too.

I personaly beleive that they are making DiabloIII but I voted Starcraft movie because that would be so freakin sweet 0.o

16. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

if they would make a MMORPG for Starcraft why would be be called World of Starcraft? it would take place on one planet? it would be The Universe of Starcraft, and seriously, WOW has a couple continents with a few more areas, "WoS" would need multiple planets, and orbital systems, it would be huge, and how would you play it? how would a player control units that arent infantry? 1 player per siege tank? or a squad of uncooperating kids? or would you be a zergling LV70 with uber pawnage claws and get like unique weapons and summon in more offspring? it could be imagined in some ways but i dont think it could fit into a MMORPG, starcraft is just too big, warcraft is on way smaller scale then SC, its like a universe > to WC's 1 planet. it just wouldnt work realisticly in my opinion as good as it would sound...

17. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    When the news first hit that Blizz was gonna make a big announcement with the SC 10year anniversary coming up, I thought SC2 or SC MMO.

But not a MMORPG or FPS. A MMORTS. Each player would have their own homeworld/army in a persistent universe. You would do battle over different resource rich planets and even assault other players homeworlds. Each race with their own Horde/Ally type factions.

Terran: Dominion/Raynor
    Zerg: Kerigan's brood/Rouge brood
    Protoss: Templar/Judicator

Crazy/Crazy Ubiqur game only Blizz could pull off.
    If there were to ever be a Universe of Starcraft that would work/not kill off WoW, IMO that would be it. Of course with SC2 now confirmed; this is nothing but the fevered dream of a madman.

18. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Is Blizzard making a full console game with the third team ? There are no games in console from Blizzard, except SC:64 .

19. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    lol, it would be CRAZY trying to pull of some SC micro in any form on a DS!

20. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

lol, even i would pwn ds'ers