2 Dark Templar Face Mirror !!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protosscommander, Sep 12, 2007.

?

Which of the 2 image of the Dark Templar is you like most is it ...

1. The Present Dark Templar?

100.0%
  2. The Past Dark Templar?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

2 Dark Templar Face Mirror !!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protosscommander, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Yes I know but it also has them in one of the game demos and it looks the same from the enemys vision as well because for some reason they are always stealthed it just that they can become invisible as well. What I ment was that the seethrough thing becomes more obvious if there is a detector but they arent attacked by units unless directed to do so, or if the unit is an observer itself. So the enemy has to have a real eye out for them instead of just a quick scan of the base and they go back to the battle, They litterally have to look for them. This gives us (the DT controller) an advatage because you can send a bunch of DT into their base if the enemy is not looking at their base without being attacked and they can wreak havok upon the base.

A way to get their attention is to force the enemy into a battle that normally requires them to micromanage their units to win (majorly the Terrans have to micro manage a lot more than the other races) so they are compleatly away from their base so you can let your units do their thing while not having to babysit them so you can destroy some vital structures or units before he can mount a counter attack towards the DT's also this could be the same you can diliberatly show the DT's and distract them away from their base and you win the battle and (hopfully not for the enemy) their base is wide open for attack with minimal unit loss to your guys.

2. moobox

moobox Member

Can you please post a link to the video that shows this?

3. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I saw it on youtube once and I cant find it again. Ill post it once it resurfaces

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think he means that cloaked units are harder to see now because instead of being a faded version of a non-cloaked unit, all they have are those blue outlines. I guess it's harder to see in the midst of a fight than it was before.

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

The new Dark templar is cooler. But I like the old one's animation/attack better.

6. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I bet they will do some more animation tweeks on the DT I think they may even have him be able to scale walls, jump over small gaps and also jump around in combat a little like Yoda (shweet) but not nearly as good of an acrobat as him ofcorse but like they jump up a little while visciously swirling their scythes and finnaly slashing them (the enemy) when they come down with masive force and maybe, just maybe they may have like a blowback effect in the game for some attacks and this could be one of those attacks so they would not only be cut in half but they would be cut in half and have blood sraying everywere while their bodys parts are flying everwere.

I really hope this game is as bloddy as Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade options of blood and gore at maximum this game would be a whole lot better and cooler if it was. I think the DT is going to be a very unique unit more than it was already before and will be a very decisive unit as well in the middle to end games. Hopefully (I am just throwing this in there) Blizzard may have the units who have upgrades maybe be able to perform more than one animation for their basic attacks, I think that would be cool don't you think?

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I wish this game would be just as bloody and gory as DoW, but then it'll get an M rating, and Blizzard might not want that for marketing purposes.

8. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

I cannot decide which one to pick like protoss commander said the old one is a ninja and the new one looks like it has a diffrent kind of tier armor. But its just an artwork guys. In the gameplay theyre still badass. The concept of dark templars has twin scythes is just way unimaginable. Blizzard is still and yet to amaze us.

9. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Im happy you are agreed :)

10. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    This just occured to me but Protosscommander are you from a different country? (that meens besides the lowsy USA) If you are COOL I want to go to Ireland myself BUUUT moving on THE DARK TEMLAR SHALL LIVE FOR EVER!

11. Protosscommander

Yes i am :)

12. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

the old Dark Templar looks very cool.he has this "i'm a kickass alien ninja" feeling around it that i love.the new Dark Templar,however,looks unbelievably cool.i'd be okay with some upgrade that allowed the DTs to attack twice,instead of just once per attack cicle.that would make them even more amazing,so yeah,i take the new DTs as my choice.

13. Protosscommander

Yyes friend i really liked the dark templar in sc1 :) its more Protoss look..

14. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    i like the scythe concept its just the armor seems a bit to much, zergling like maybe make it more like a ninja lol

15. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yes,i agreee that the "ninja outfit" should be brought back.i am fine with their new weapon,but a minor tweak would make it nicer:instead of a double-headed scythe,make it a double-headed spear.a spear is easier to use than a scythe,and you can do all sort of things with a double-headed spear,like swinging it all around you to hit everyone,make quick combos and impale weaker enemies...

16. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

The new Dark Templar looks undead. I like the first one better.

17. Protosscommander

Is there any Information about the name of the weapon of the Dark Templar now, bec. the first one is a Warp Blade Right :)

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I don't know. Starcraft2.com says th DT use warp blades

19. Protosscommander

But isnt its not look like a warp blade its look a weapon of the death similar otherwise i mean :)

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It is a double bladed scythe but so far Blizzard has no special name for it