1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1up. 4 hour gameplay with Protoss

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 28, 2007.

1up. 4 hour gameplay with Protoss

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Holy sh*t!!1 AWSOME FIND! powerup!

2. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    As long as they boost up the hp and shield of the warp ray, i have absolutely no problem with it being the capital ship.

One thing I want to know, in the video in the beginning, they were talking about the firebat, when he was naming all the infantry units they had in, he said something about the Medic but I can't tell what. Anyone know what he said?

3. ZiiDriX

ZiiDriX New Member

I cant find the video. ( If there is any ).. *Confused*

4. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i think he said they're taking out the firebat maybe, but it's not certain. i dont really mind it though.

but really i am pissed that the warp ray is the protoss capital ship. In SC1 the carrier spread fear into the enemy, but in sc2 it's just like a normal ship, let's take it out. Even if it is more powerful than a tempest or carrier, i still woudn't want it to be the capital ship for the protoss.

5. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

very nice!

6. ZiiDriX

ZiiDriX New Member

Could i get link for the video? I cant find it.. ( If its video, movie w/e im confused -.- )

7. DontHate

DontHate New Member

omg. so many people just joining and posting spam.
    also, the video is on the front page of the link.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

well you can't help it. actually i love newbie posting spam. welcome folks and spam all you want on your first week. lol

firebats are gone. if you notice the two guys don't really care about the bats. its like they made a huge mistake including them even in starcraft 1. valuable or not i think the farbats are one of the coolest character in starcraft. but reapers are way cooler. 8)

9. Legal

Legal New Member

I was excited to see in the video that they are considering having Female Ghosts, like Nova. I'm hoping that happens, either as a character for a campaign or maybe even as having to choose between building female or male ghosts with slightly different attributes between the genders.

It did sound like firebats are gone. It sounded like they didn't feel they weren't replaceable in the strategies that used them. However, they did say they have some awsome art done for them, so maybe they'll give them a try again. I'd love some art with them that involved smaller units, like 'lings being caught on fire by them and running around flaming and smoking before they collapsed in a goey mess.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

if firebats will be back. i like to see them shooting great balls of fire that explodes when it hits the target rather than the flame thrower, reapers have flame throwers now.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

no, reapers may have flamethrowers now.

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

oops. yah, but i hope they finalize it cause its cool switching to two weapons, use pistols for mechanical units and flame throwers against organic. burn zealot burn.

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i also noticed that reapers do more damage than marines... Wtf? first of all marines have these powerful "gauss" rifles and shoot like 4 shots each burst for 6 damage. The reapers have puny pistols that they shoot like twice for 8 damage. Puh-leeze. Those puny pistols can't do more than the marine's impaler.

14. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

Yeah, but you're forgetting about the fire rate. Marines may have a lower attack power, but if they shoot twice as fast they are ultimately stronger than the reaper. I trust blizzard to even things out.. there wasn't a single "useless" unit in SC1, there probably won't be one in SC2.

15. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

I use the queen online for harassment all the time. Nothing beats spawn broodlings on a couple SCVs. I've gotten more than a few people mad about that one.

16. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Nope, they shoot about the same. the marines take short bursts and the reapers do too. Basically the same rate. I'm pretty sure the reapers are going to be stronger than the marines, but i was just pissed becuase they have pistols.

btw i wouldn't even invest all those minerals and time in getting all that queen tech to make it semi usefull. If you do that then you're mutas are late and you're just slowing urself down. oh wow 3 killed scv's ! i'm sure i could do more with muta rass.

17. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Me too lol, I did that to a friend is first game and he got hella pissed off. I use the Queen a lot, I don't think I used defiler as much as a queen, although I usually use queen when enemy is about to die and try and grab a CC

The pistols the Reapers use are Gauss Pistols...which do just a bit, a bit less damage than the rifle but you got two so..

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea but they shoot pretty slow. Even if they're gauss, the marine is shooting automaticly. I guess they have super pistols or something.

19. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

oh no not the "queen is useless" topic again! we've already discussed useless units so much in the past.
    and dont get me started with how good queens are =P

20. burkid

burkid New Member

They might attack at the same rate, and reapers might have a better attack power but:
    a) marines have better range
    b) marines can attack air (reapers probably cant, as they ignored the phase prism in the gameplay vid.)
    c) if stims come back, marines will have them, but reapers probably wont, as they already have jumpjets and timed bomb.
    d) marines can get a health bonus
    e) marines can get bayonets.

so just because reapers do more damage, marines are still pretty useful.