Zerglings - General

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ZelashOculah, Apr 16, 2009.

Zerglings - General

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ZelashOculah, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    (If there is another thread about the same subject delete this one) What if the zerglings had an upgradeable ability that you could get more than two per egg? like three or four?

2. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    The attack and move speed upgrades already cover similar roles in increasing zerglings usefulness in the mid-late game, so if you wanted to do something like this you'd have to remove those upgrades.

I would definitely prefer having more effective zerglings over having larger piles of zerglings, and it would be the only upgrade in the game that doesn't effect existing units of the same type (not counting the battlecruiser upgrades but those are a different case since they just effect 1 unit) unless it also made half of your existing zerglings spontaneously reproduce by division.

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    One word: control.
    It would take twice as much control to have Zerglings like that.
    I think the numbers are just fine now. Especially since they are unable to attack at the same time anyway. Melee units need to be right next to the enemy, and they already have trouble doing that as it is now sometimes.

4. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    Ya, having too many zerglings in a fight is a liability when you can't bring them all to the front line and they start to get in the way of your other units.

5. onlyhuman

onlyhuman New Member

actually, too many nonupgraded zerglings would be fun, because i would be splattering them and flooding the map with blood

6. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

actually, I think that zergling should have second bar like energy and they should fill it with every attack but when they are not attacking they loose little at the time.
    when full they should produce 1 egg that will morph in to 2 more zerglings.

7. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    OP feature no. 409. Bad idea too since zerglings are like bee drones in the sense that they can't reproduce at all. They're merely slaves.

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Erm... What would that energy do then?
    Also: having abilities for units that get massed in such numbers is weird. Zerglings aren't casters.

9. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

I saw a movie once with creatures eating and puking back new creatures when they had enough. they ware similar to zerglings in form, eating anything that was hot ...

10. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    It was probably tremors, they're called graboids and they grow into something a little more frightening than a baneling.

[​IMG]

11. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    well the energy thing isn't a bad idea.
    Why not apply this to something like the stimpack ability that mariens have.
    When upgraded zerglongs get an energy bar and through another upgrade
    whenever the zergling does X amount of hits or energy it gets a boost of speed or
    Attack or something.

This could work but the upgrades would be costly and come in the late game.
    Probly the very last upgrades you can get because it could completely change all
    of the game play.

-Just an idea

12. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    Well so far blizzard has been staying away from the mechanic where a unit (besides heroes) can get stronger by getting kills, it certainly has far reaching balance and strategy changing affects.

13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

What about at the last tier of zerg there was an up grade that gave all zerg eggs a chance to produce twins. A % chance. all living things under a genetic scercum stance have a chance to produce twins.

why not give zerg an upgrade that slows the eggs that small chance to produce double the amount of zerg?
    the number can be changed during beta/alpha and i guess specific units could not get this rule like units that are spawned or evolving like lurkers/banelings/infested terrens...ect

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    That was a great movie, the 2nd one is really the best! Ill try to find the name of it later, cant remember :(

15. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

Well they could spawn broodling when the energy bar is full something like autocast spell, Yea broodilng that would be a good thing. Seems to me it would be the most efective way for thease guys. Since they are easy to kill why not make them usefull to say the least. If every zergling could spawn 1 broodling when his enery bar is full then we would have a real swarm I think that I`m gonna make a pool for this what do you say??

16. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    @i2new
    Starcraft should not have too much luck involved.

@Van
    I think the speed and attack speed upgrades get the job done great, they make zerglings that much more useful without you having to control a larger mass and anything based on a units kills *or damage dealt* doesn't really work for the cannon fodder type that zerglings are.

17. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Ok how about an upgrade in the last teir or something that allows zerglings to turn into something that can fly if they have the speed upgrade. However they won't be able to change back and forth like Vikings because it could change gameplay and make it unfair.

I mean come on think about a giant swam of locasts attacking you from above and flying so fast that they avoid most attacks from your air defence stuff an then land right inside of your base. Then they terr at your entire base and when u come with your guys they fly of and run and keep doing this until you get enough guys to whip them out. But of corse it would be the last stage teir so any race could probly deal with this.

what do u think?

18. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I'd rather them be able to jump down (only) cliffs with the wings, would be very useful and aid them in thier surrounds without changing their purpose and role.

19. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    That sounds good.

and simple!

i like it!

****OFF TOPIC****
    can the muta burrow?
    i heard that any unit can burrow inclueding flying types.
    (plz dont yell at me for being lazzy and not surfing the furms to find the answer)
    ****OFF TOPIC****

20. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Flying unit's can't borrow o_O Every ground unit can however, including the ultralisk this time around.

And what do you mean i have nothing on you? O_O

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009