Zerg Unit Idea

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by shirija, Jun 25, 2007.

Zerg Unit Idea

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by shirija, Jun 25, 2007.

1. shirija

shirija New Member

Seeing how zerg is all about quantity, I would really like to see some units that won't simply serve the part of the cannon fodder. I am loyal to the zerg race but I have to say that I am getting quite tired of losing games when I have an overwhelming income ratio and yet can't win because it's so bloody easy to have a few defensive units defending mineral patches

How would you guys like the idea of having a medium to high priced zerg unit that has low movement speed and hp, but has the special ability to infest 1 unit, ground or air, and once inside it is impossible (or very hard) to dispose of. It might also come with an ability to be invisible or invincible for a short amount of time. It will drain hp slowly until unit death. This unit would be similar to the concept of the terror drones in Red Alert 2, except since zerg has such nice transport nydus worm transport, it might be fairly imbalanced to allow fast and cheap 1 hit kill units run rampant.

I scanned the forum and didn't see anything similar, but I may have missed it, so if I came up with an idea that someone else had first, sorry.

2. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

I think you should look at the info for the succubus sounds alot like what you said

3. shirija

shirija New Member

Ooo, quite so, noted, though looking at the following posts, the power of said unit is up to debate... I was hoping it would be on the line of doom so that it could kill any unit at a reasonable cost and risk while the succubus (which seem to be a scrapped plan) is more like kodos which is only usable on enemies of a certain level. Ah well, was a nice idea while I was thinking of it ^_^

4. surr

surr New Member

sorry what are succubus?

5. shirija

shirija New Member

See the menu at the top of the screen that is right below the banner? There is one called search, just type in your query and it will give you helpful threads :)

6. Piretes

Piretes New Member

What do you mean.. What is beating you every time.. A few units defending mineral patches? And you have a superior economy? If you can't win with an economic advantage over a turtle you are A. Playing a money-map, B. Bad, Horrible, you name it.

And yes, the Succubus sounds like the unit you want, though I'm not very happy with it. Want muscle, get Ultralisks or Gaurdians. Sheesh.

7. Majorlagger

Majorlagger New Member

cool idea, its got some potential idk though for sure how balanced it would be :/, however i thought about maybe i unit similair to bug/insect type units in other games where when you kill it it brakes down into multiple smaller much less powerfull unit. 1. this would solve part of the swarm concept blizz has talked about, 2. it would be a cool new unit idea for the zerg. :] ^_^

8. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    Damn if you have a superior economy, then you should pump out those zerg units. I don't understand how its hard for you to overcome a defense post that was "bloddy easy" to make in the first place. You probably need to switch to the protoss. If you play zerg right, none of the units are really cannon fodder. Yes they are easier and cheaper to replace but you can't be careless with your units.

9. Ych

Ych New Member

I agree. If you can't by any means get past some defence, you should use another race. Also, since you stated you have more income ratio, I don't see how you couldn't win. You could just expand everywhere, and let your opponent starve to death.