Zerg Tainted

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Arachanox, Aug 25, 2007.

Zerg Tainted

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Arachanox, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

Zerg Tainted
    Health: 100
    Energy: 200
    Armor: Light [base 0]
    Ground Attack: 15
    Attack Range: 6
    Mineral Cost: 200 [75 for the hydralisk included]
    Gas Cost: 225 [25 for the hydralisk included]
    Special Abilites:
    • Burrow - the usual burrow. Does not need to be researched.
    • Taint Earth - costs 200 energy. As soon as the player presses the Taint button, the unit will attack with its spikes in all direction with additonal range, and any unit that gets hit will be affected with a slightly stronger version of 'Plague' from Starcraft 1. Will be researched at a Tier 2 or 3 upgrade building.
    Other Notes: The Zerg Tainted is mutated from the Zerg Hydralisk. It is essentially a weaker Lurker, but its special Taint Earth ability allows it to quickly spell the end for large groups of ground units. It takes all of its energy, however, and it takes time to regenerate 200 energy.

2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Nice idea. That would be a very powerful unit.

3. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

Actually though, it's attack is 5 points less than a lurker's is. The Taint ability must also be researched, and it would not be cheap. And being able to use it maybe once every 5 minutes would be a problem. Not to mention it costs 200 minerals and 225 gas total, and you have to wait to make a Hydralisk, reserached Tainted Aspect, and then mutate it into a Tainted.

I suppose once you got enough of them moving, they would be formidable, but they can't attack air. They are a mid-game unit that will help you greatly for a short while before the air forces are mobilized. I also do not know if it would be cloaked while burrowed, because of its size.

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

my mind is tainted with your idea ^_^
    IMHO i think the unit is imba even though u say that taint earth can only dmge ground units the instant 200 damage would easily ravage even a mighty fortress if ill say..

try to imagine this...

1 nuke missile = 500hp dmge (3 nukes to completely destroy each structure on a base)
    3 tainted = 600hp dmge (we wouldnt even need ten of them to defeat an oponent lol)

so thats why they dont put much AOE units on the game ;D

5. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

@freedom23

What? I never said that they would do 200 damage. Whatever gave you that idea? They cost 200 minerals, if that's how you read it. No, the Tainted only does 15 ground damage, 5 less than the lurker's 20. And Taint just deals damage and gives plague to all units around it.

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

lolz i mustve still bedlog sorry ^_^
    but anyway if that will be the tainted zergs ability that will be still imba giving a stronger plague is even nastier than wasting hundreds of dying units.... the ground AOE atk dmge sounds nice but i dont know bout the plague coz a few of em will still be enuff to wipe an entire fleet or base in due time.... so even though there was no 200 dmge it was replaced by a time bounded 300 dmage and thats even worse,,, so i really dont know thats just IMHO

Peace :good:

7. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

Arachanox your giving a lot of interesting ideas here. It might be useful in mid game or a drop into the enemy's workers but the cost and the use of the energy might make the players shy away from it. But then it means only experienced people or people who likes to take chances will use it.

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

it seems cool and is an interesting idea, but i think it might be a bit imba. a caster that can attack is pretty powerful, but it could be usefull.

9. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

@MyWifeforaiur - The unit was designed to be like that; good in the hands of a pro, bad in the hands of anyone else.

@DontHate - It's not that overpowered in my opinion, but the Taint ability could be exploited. I'm not sure, I might revise the idea.

Thanks for your opinions, guys!

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Yeah sounds good. But wouldn't it be too expensive? And if the taint ability damages your units too, it could be dangeorus. Still a good idea, and fits into the "Zerg swarm"

11. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

The Zerg Lurker was only 25 more minerals/gas than this I believe. And it's normal attack doesn't damage your units, only Taint. Clear the way for the Tainted!

12. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

i think its really nice idea another evolve for hydralisk two thumbs up man

13. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

Well, thanks, but I meant it to replace the lurker, not be 'another evolve' for the hydralisk. Thanks though!