Zerg Super Weapon?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by God of War, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Zerg Super Weapon?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by God of War, Mar 11, 2008.

1. God of War

God of War New Member

Not sure if this been posted b4 so dont kill mee if it is :-[

Terrans have the nuke and protoss have the mothership, as a zerg player was just wondering if it could be possible that they get a kind of "superweapon"?

Any thoughts or ideas? :thumbup:

2. Elfgard

Elfgard New Member

I think the Zerg's new "super weapon" is the Queen. The Queen has 40 damage, so it can oneshot Marines as the Dark Templar can and it has some new abilities.
    Personally, I was hoping for a big flying ultimate Zerg. :/ But the Queen is alright.

The Terran's has the Nuke AND the Thor btw.

3. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I would like it better if an ultimate unit was a ground unit.

4. God of War

God of War New Member

Hehe yo dawg the Thor unit is aite, i wouldnt call it a superweapon though lings tear them apart...

thanks for your reply :good:

Yo LT ;D

I feel you on that one dawg like a gigant zentapede or sumtin ::)

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Link?
    As far as i know it gets stronger with time/tech.

6. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    It's the other way around. On the gameplay movie queen oneshots marines so people assume it deals 40 damage per attack with both claws. (it also ~3 shots vikings)
    But this was late-game Queen, likely in final tier (if not just straight buffed for the pwnge effect purposes), so it won't be as potent in early game (as seen in video of Savior playing Zerg)

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Why did you say "the other way"? I said stronger at higher tech, which you did too?!!?
    AND HE IS CALLED SAVIOR!

8. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    there now good? I wouldn't know, I've seen someone spell it that way...

I was referring to Elfgard saying "The Queen has 40 damage, so it can oneshot Marines"

9. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

Well lets be fair the mother ship is not really a super unit its just a caster with a little attack and a lot of health. the thor is not a super unit because Ive seen in videos that it can get owned kinda fast.

But back on topic the queen is like a defensive super unit (if you still want to count it as one). it's apparently slow and you can only have one. It has some apparently sweet abilities that will help to defend your base. just don't think it will help you on the final push of a fortified terran base. most its abilities that I've heard of or seen require it being on creep

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    "help to defend your base" is an understatement. Queen is your base defence now

11. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

For the thousandth time:

THERE ARE NO SUPER-WEAPONS IN STARCRAFT II! A super-weapon/unit can by itself be an entire assault force. In Starcraft, this is just not true.

Protoss Mothership - Offensive, high-powered spell-caster. Cannot be an entire strike force on its own. Needs support units. If you are getting defeated by one Mothership, you need to get better at Starcraft.

Zerg Queen - Defensive hub. Again, cannot be an entire strike force. Needs support (actually confirmed as being relatively easy to destroy at the Zerg release)! Yeah it has a lot of abilities, but they are all primarily defensive. Not to mention that Zerg static defenses are no longer present.

Terran Thor - Nothing close to a super-unit as others have said, so I won't explain further.

Terran Nuke - A lot of damage at once? Seems super, right? Wrong. Takes a hell of a lot of time and effort to actually get one to successfully drop.

Super-weapons/units are able to single-handedly assault an enemy base or destroy an entire group of enemies. They are also extremely easy to use. In Starcraft II, we have some strong mechanics and units - but no super ones. Everything requires skill to successfully perform AND a supporting cast.

12. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    What I think should happen is that no races have superunits. It's just not something that is Starcraftish. No one wants a game to revolve around a few superunits like in Warcraft III.

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Wtf, did you not read ninerman's post? It already has happened as there are NO super units.

A Terran super unit would be a Marine which self heals, has Ghost cloaking, Ghost range, and a powerful attack. Not to mention stims.

A Protoss super unit would be a Zealot which had DT cloak and HT Psi Storm. It also hits ground and air; its also fully teched from the start.

A Zerg super unit would be a rapid fire Hydralisk with its attacking having a similar mechanic to the Lurker which hits ground and air, it could move underground, had a strong attack damage and very fast regen.

14. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Tempers are beggining to get frayed and there is a plethora of topics on Zerg super units/weapons we don't need anouther. If you wish to disscuss specificly Zerg super units/weapons please redirect your attention to whicherver Zerg best adheres to your opinions. If you would like to disscuss super units/weapons in general there are several old topics and atleast one newer topic you can state your opinion.

Topic Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.