zerg status effects?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by lilchibikun, Jul 4, 2007.

zerg status effects?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by lilchibikun, Jul 4, 2007.

1. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

I think zerg should have advantages in Starcraft 2.

diseases be inflicted onto enemy units when they're attacked by zerg. but i think this shouldnt apply to zergv.s zergfights. :powerdown:

higher regeneration rate and faster agility should be casted onto ALL zergunits on creep. :powerup:

any terran or protoss unit on creep should have delayed movement :powerdown:

thats it for my opinion on Starcraft 2. what do you guys think?

2. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

Quite the colorful poster, aren't we?

No race should have advantages in general, but only advantages that can be countered. The only thing that I would go for would be the creep having effects on units. I don't think faster regeneration would be that helpful. It would help the zerg but it would make them turtle too much. The zerg are a massing and easy to replace race. Their units shouldn't survive that long nor have incentive to.

Maybe the creep can damage already damaged organic units. If an organic unit is at 60% health or below then they would continually take damage on creep until they left it or it killed them.

3. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Well, as a vivid Zerg player i can say that +reg isn't necessary, neither is diseases. Faster agility... if you mean faster movement on creep, then sure, that sounds fine and not too imbalanced.

Personally, i've always wanted the Creep Colony to serve other purposes rather than creep-expanders and ofc, mutations for your friendly base defenses. The idea was primarily a third kind of mutation for the Creep Colony that doesn't add an attack but instead lets the creep colonies act as overlords, providing food. Also, the Sunken colony sucks, it deserves less damage, higher attack rate and 100% damage to small units instead of 50% (it's fudging ridiculous to get raped by other Zerg player's 'ling rushes just because the "tower" sucks).

4. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

well yeah. i didnt rethink about this post. and i decided regen for zerg on creep and diseases are bogus.

and yeah the zerg shouldnt have too much advantages. but i have thot about another "advantage that can be countered"

maybe the hatchery can have a command that expands creep ???

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

If these were all taken actually implemented Zerg would be the ruling race coupled with fast and massive unit production. If you could mass produce Zerglings that deal poison damage, then any non-Zerg defense would be put to shame. Long term damage can be done by using cost-effective and generally suicidal assaults. There will be no counter if they do get through your defense as Medic restoration costs a fine amount and Protoss have no real healing method (though robotic units won't be effected by poison.)

Zerg units on creep gain a faster regenerative caoacity and movement speed, while non-Zerg are slowed? If that were the case, rushes would not be very effective if you could turtle defenses and produce more while the enemy struggles to get to the hatchery.

I think creep colonies are best left alone, if they act as alternative overlords, a Zerg player will have an instant +8 and can produce more units earlier than anyone. That would throw off the production rates of the other races.

6. Frost

Frost New Member

the rainbow, it hurts the eyes!!!

7. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

hmm. i guess your all right then. even Frost haha

8. paragon

paragon Guest

Additional regeneration on the creep would make the game incredibly unbalanced because zerg would always get an advantage when defending against protoss and terran.

9. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

doesn't regeneration take a helluva long time even on creep?

10. paragon

paragon Guest

yes. it's so you wouldn't almost kill some units and then have them retreat to their base and have to fight the same units with full hp if you attacked them soon after

11. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

yeah yeah i know no regeneration xO

12. DontHate

DontHate New Member

make it so if u keep the creep colony and dont mutate it it is a food supplyer and anythign near it will get a regernation boost.

13. paragon

paragon Guest

So it's a super shield battery now?

14. Ghost

Ghost New Member

No, just a shield battery.. xD Joking.

I dont like the idea of creep having anyother effects, if there has to be one id make it delayed movement for others, but only slightly.

15. DontHate

DontHate New Member

not as fast a sheild battery, but yea basicly you get the idea. IT'S GENIOUS, I'M TELLING YA'S!

16. Ghost

Ghost New Member

It would be too repetitive. WC3 and Shield batteries.

17. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

well i guess

18. paragon

paragon Guest

i think that would be a generally bad idea. Same with anything else helping regeneration of HP on a mass scale aside from medics.