Zerg spell (glue)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by tweakismyname, Oct 14, 2007.

Zerg spell (glue)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by tweakismyname, Oct 14, 2007.

1. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

I'm thinking of a zerg spell. called glue or something. sticks to
    flyers and makes them crash into the ground causeing damage and also stunned for a
    short period, in this short period they would remain immobile on the ground and vulnerable to ground attacks.

I like it

(btw as I have said before I suck at naming things)

2. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

it's a good idea, making aerial targets temporarily vulnerable to ground targets is a good mechanic, it would make zerglings more useful, and offer strategic diversity

3. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Yeah and the zergling's spit it out or what? , or it should be the hydralisk because that spit's and hit's air! :p

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

no it would be an caster like the queen that uses this ability

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I was thinking something like this for Protoss, only it was a gravitational field
    :p

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

this spell shouldn't bring down capitals ships, only slows them

7. coreyb

coreyb Guest

The capital ship's are already slow! and I like the queen idea that the queen has the spell! :)

8. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

but just some goo to brings them down would look silly

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

It could always like short out the engines or something....That would make sense....

10. coreyb

coreyb Guest

What to make them even more slower?

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I like the idea but a goo that brings Terran and Protoss ships to the ground makes no sense. How about some kind of spore that burrows into the engines causing the ship to crash?

12. coreyb

coreyb Guest

That will be just to deadly! , bring a whole Mother ship down to the ground or a battlecruiser down to the ground by a spore?

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I thought we already agreed to no taking out capital ships.  I was thinking that anything with an armor level of 3 will block the spore.  That means capital ships can't be taken out since the BC has a level of 3 and the Carrier has a level of 4.  Of course the levels will change but the concept is the same.

It can still burn out the engines slowing the unit like ensnare does.

14. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Buy birdofprey , the mothership , battlecruiser and carrier ECT unit's (captial ship's!) are already slow! , because their powerful! , iff they are powerful then send some GTA (ground to air) unit's at them! and just make a few more defence's or whatever it take's to take them down but slowing them down even more is just ridicilous but You are having You say and it's fine and I am having my say! but just think about it , it they are already slow as it is! :)

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I was not saying my opinion is better than yours (I never even mentioned it). The idea was that it was supposed to be a anti fighter ability but should do something to the cruisers. I am not asking for it to make them go one grid unit a minute. I think a 10% speed decrease is fine. As for being slow capital ships are as slow as you make them out to be. The mothership seems to move at what I would call a moderate rate. It is faster than the colossus. Only unit that would be crippled by the speed loss is the guardian and we don't even know if it is returning.

16. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Ahhh yes! , very well said bird of prey , the 10% or 15% slow down is good and maybe it goe's for about...10 second's? and no way it will destroy it but just slow it down for a smallish perioid of time.

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yes it will wear off.  After all ships do have engineers whose job is fixing the engines.  Fighters though will drop like rocks.

Should it be temporary or permanent for fighters?

18. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Nah no way not perm! , that will be a bit to strong for something like that , just make it temp but maybe slower and / or longer!

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I was just wondering because a crash is something that requires major restructuring to reverse. Often times a shredder is the optimal solution where you just make a new plane.

I suppose the fighters can get airborne again but it will take time during which they will be vulnerable.

The Viking can just transform and walk away.
    Ban she will have to spin its rotors back up to full
    Predator... I have no idea what it would do

Phoenix and warp ray have antimatter drives

Mutalisk would have to flap. Also in this case the spore would explode into mucous that traps the mutas wings.

20. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

u guys completely missed the idea.

it would not kill any unit. just say it was used on the mothership. i would say a 100 hp damage and 8 secs on the ground but still able to attack. then it goes back into the air. The point of this is not to kill the unit or make them slow it would be to make the air unit, ground attack accessable