Zerg Regeneration

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by carlsjr11, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Zerg Regeneration

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by carlsjr11, Nov 6, 2007.

1. carlsjr11

carlsjr11 New Member

thought of a cool idea for zerg healing

the idea was having zerg air units be able to upgrade a new thing called caccon where the zerg air unit turns itself into a caccon and while in this state it is vonerable to attack but heals health at a very fast rate also.. mabey have buldings get an upgrade where it could eat the creep and use it for health in the time of battle

odviously these are just some ideas but its definitly something to think about

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Re: more zerg idea's

lol, we meet again. The cacoon idea sounds interesting and I haven't heard that one before. It's a pretty good idea, just not sure how Blizzard would be able to incorporate it into the zerg's arsenal.

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia

Not particularly fond of the cocoon idea. I feel that Zerg should always be ready for the next attack, they shouldn't ever hide in a cocoon. I've posted an idea in another thread of Zerg briefly regenerating their health after finishing a combat. A graph of their regeneration rate would be shaped like a hyperbolic curve, until it evens out to their normal regeneration rate. This would encourage Zerg players to attack, even if they are on low health. The cocoon idea would encourage the Zerg player to leave the injured units waiting around in their base, which isn't really what the Zerg are about. They should be encouraged to attack in as many ways as possible, for as many reasons as possible.
    As for the buildings eating Creep, I don't think that's a good idea either. They already rely on the Creep to survive, because they can only be built on the Creep. They wouldn't try to limit the amount of Creep around them by storing it for later.

4. Justicator

Justicator New Member

If I play with zerg. I keep not my units . But this is a cool idea

5. carlsjr11

carlsjr11 New Member

Yes i really c where u guys are coming from...

because zerg is a class that takes low minerals to build a unit so saving one wouldn't be a good idea.

but my thing was for guardian's because they dint take to much to make but it dose take some time because of the evolutionary process (muta into guardian) to create a big fleet of them

but once again just something to think about : )

6. EonMaster

Black City, Unova

Yeah, ideas are always useful for discussions. The idea was unique, but like the others said, it doesn't seem to fit the zerg's way of fighting too well. I prefer an ability to slightly increase attack stats, allowing the zerg army to be more aggresive, just like how people see the zerg.

7. carlsjr11

carlsjr11 New Member

yes im going to have to agree with u guys /lock post

8. EonMaster

Black City, Unova

If you want to lock a post, PM one of the moderators and give them the URL address of the thread and tell them you want it locked. Only mods can lock threads.

9. carlsjr11

carlsjr11 New Member

haha i know i was just saying : )

10. LxMike

LxMike New Member

I think it would be better if it is a Parabol curve, so basicly , you can get 100% hp really fast, but it will speed up at a higher rate at the beganing so that zerg player can fight back faster with 75% of the hp remaning mixed with new unite.

11. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington

Problem: Unit has taken too much damage and needs to heal quickly before a battle.
    Solution: Make a cocoon and heal itself very quickly.

Wait... that does not make sense. -> Link of definition pupal stage, which, is what causes a cocoon. http://www.butterflies-moths.com/pupal.htm

Definition of Hibernation for later.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hibernation

Now, with that definition in hand I think a word and way to accomplish this in game would be to allow a hibernation form for Zerg units in general. Basically the unit grows thicker armor, and cannot move, but regenerates hit points. When the hibernation begins it cannot end until the unit is fully healed. The regeneration rate would remain constant proportioned to the unit. The unit could be also disturbed if in this mode, and subsequently slowly released from the process.

New Solution: Reinforce units armor, remove all mobile aspects of unit for time duration, and regenerates health at steady rate. Can be re-awoke by attack interruption.

Ex. of this. Say a Zergling has 50 Hp. It loses 25. It has its basic 1 Health per second regeneration during combat, but can also go into a hibernation mode that make it immobile, but instead of waiting 25 seconds for the health regeneration it regenerates at a speed of 2 health per second. It now takes 12.5 seconds to regenerate. If the unit was say attack 6 seconds through the hibernation it would subsequently take 3 seconds to return to a active state. The more hit points the longer time in hibernation and thus longer time to be open to attack.

This is just a modification on the idea of the cocoon, but one I feel would be more Zerg-ish.

12. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Locked as per request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.