Zerg rally points

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by WaterGolem, Feb 28, 2008.

Zerg rally points

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by WaterGolem, Feb 28, 2008.

1. WaterGolem

WaterGolem New Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on it...

I just gotta say, I found it really annoying that the rally points were set by the hatchery/lair/hive, rather than the individual eggs. With protoss or terran it was ok, because the factory buildings often made units of similar function. With zerg I found myself setting a rally point near my defences only to see a stray drone there cause I forgot to change the rally point to the resources. It'd be good if there could be rally points set for each of the eggs/larvae, then I could send the workers where they're meant to go while still controlling the warrior strains.

Any thoughts?

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    No. The whole point of rally points is so you don't have to order each unit individually. If you're going o put rally points on eggs you might as well select the units after they hatched. It's all a part of macro. And as Zerg you should prolly have multiple hatcheries, and setting one aside drones isn't that expensive or hard.

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    There is already an "idle worker button" added in Starcraft 2. That already solves the problem, because you would immidiately know when there are stray worker units.

Also, if you are building worker units, you should always pay attention to when they are ready anyway, and they play a sound when hatched. So if you have a lot of idle workers, that's just your fault as a player. It has nothing to do with rally points.

4. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    agreed.

it would be too complicated if you have rally point in every egg/larvae..wateva. u might wanna change that larvae to create something else and so forth. anywyaz...yes your problem could be solved easily: practise your macro
    =]

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i could see something like a different rally point for different unit types

6. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i think that you should be able to set an building rally point and a rally point for each egg. If the egg hatched and the player didn't set a rally point for the egg, then the unit would go to the building rally point. If the egg did have a rally point, then the unit would go to the unit rally point, and override the building rally point.
    This would be useful for when you make flyers and ground units at the same time. I hated it when a group of overlords blocked the sight of my drones or zerglings. Of course this is kinda redundant because of the idle worker button, but not for small units like zerglings.

7. Laz

Laz New Member

My thoughts exactly. I'm always trying to get units under my flyers but there always in the way. I understand it dont take much to macro your units around but in my opinion it takes away precise second you may need for your attack. And its not like it takes long to select a larvae and give it a rally point.
    Of course at the same time that could get confusing. If you select a larvae and tell it to be a Certain unit thinking its gonna move to this rally point. Yet its really a different one. That could get annoying.
    What if instead of the units moving to separate areas you could make the larvae move to a rally point as long as its on the creep so when the eggs hatch, there all ready there. Plus you could use the rally point from the hatchery to send the units somewhere after they hatch so if your pushing at the front lines you dont got to grab em then send em.

8. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Just set the selection of how ever many Larva you select to a control group and when they hatch simply click ctrl-1

9. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    setting the rally poionts on the eggs would be useless and it would distract you from making other moves basically wasting your seconds and we all know the a couple seconds can make all the difference in sc