Zerg Infestor possible Model and Name replacement.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ShdwyTemplar, Mar 10, 2008.

Zerg Infestor possible Model and Name replacement.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ShdwyTemplar, Mar 10, 2008.

1. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    The Zerg Infestor Model. Bottom line ugly. In fact so ugly I was only more stunned by the name. The concept of this unit is very nice and is a good addtion to the Zerg. Sorry Blizz as much as I love the other parts of the Zerg this one ate a big slice of the fail cake. Time to bring out the Nerfbat. As I know I'm not the only one.

So I did some copy and paste work and devised a name that could fit as an alternative.
    [Coming Soon]

In the above model I removed the bulbous sack of a behind it once had replaced it with the Hydralisk tail and added two spikes also from the Hydralisk model. Now the creature has a fiercer look to it. Also the tail lends more to the fact it can move underground in the earth. Similar to the Lurker when it burrowed.

A new name I devised for the new Zerg Strain (Based off the Defiler) is the Zerg Invader. It seems to suit this monstrosity very well. As it doesn't just defile the enemy, but it consumes them and implants the Zerg in 'em (Invades them). The only other names I thought of were Zerg Host and Zerg Paralilisk.

2. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

thats a baneling man..... the zerg infestor is not green at all.

3. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I thought... crap I grabbed the wrong model.... err... bah!

4. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Yea I was about to say!

I actually really don't mind the Infestor's appearance. It has a scarey/greedy/blob like thing going for it.

5. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Lurker doesn't have a tail, but I can still understand what you mean about the tail and moving underground.
    What's the point of implanting a Zerg Infestation inside them if they've already been devoured? The concept behind the Infester was almost perfect, the only problem being the model, attack animation, and possibly the fact that it Infested from a distance, many people want it similar to how the Queen's Infestation worked. Up close and personal. None of the artillery mumbo-jumbo.

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I dont like the name...
    I love the infestor! it infests!

8. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    I think they should use a model close to a scorpion (with aditions that will make it capable of crawling underground) or maybe make them look close to the entity that was "hugging:)" the command center when it was infested (the heart with the veins). Dunno, it was cool. Regarding the name, Zerg infestor sounds silly, but Blizzard will come with something better 'till the final version(hope so :D)

9. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I kinda like the infestor model and the name. Even though the name is kinda cheesey, considering that it was name by Terran marines it makes sense. I mean cmon, they aren't the most well educated people in the universe. Also i think the model looks pretty good, a nice harmless sac that causes ships to come close and investigate, and then they get infested.

10. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I actually hate the infestor and everything it represents. It SHOULD NOT EXIST! First off its stupid and ugly a horrible idea and should never have even been spawned.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Whats wrong with the name "Infestor"? It infests things hence Infestor

The carrier carries interceptors and no one things its badly named