ZERG HIDE

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by headstock, Sep 6, 2007.

ZERG HIDE

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by headstock, Sep 6, 2007.

1. headstock

headstock New Member

ive always loved zerglings. love the idea of the swarm. and ive always loved the idea of zerglings burrowing.

well.. i dont know if this is possible, but somthin else i'd love is zerglings (or a mutation of them) to have the ability to climb and hide in trees, or in bushes, or on the sides of cliffs.

A whole new ability. It would not be cloaked, so you couldnt just see it by using a detector.
    It would actually be hiding, so the terrans for instance might need a ghost to spot them.
    You wouldnt be able to hide an awful lot in one tree or whatever, but i reckon this would give an extra edge to zergs form of cloaking.

Because the zerg have no momentum while cloaked, i reckon they need extra advantages such as this idea, or others.

this idea just randomly popped into my head then i havnt really thought i through...

so yeah any ideas?

2. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    There's no point in hiding really when you can outnumber them and demolish in seconds.

Especially if your army can use a giant burrowing worm's tongue to move around and ambush.

3. headstock

headstock New Member

well if you can demolish them in seconds... probably no point.

but there's been plenty of times ive had one zergling burrowed out in the field to keep an eye on important choke points or somtin.

maybe this hide thing could be similar, or units in hide would be able to use a second ability only available while in hide mode

like i said i hadnt really thought this through haha

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I see nothing wrong with burrow. Hiding in trees for an ambush does sound interesting though

5. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well burrowing s a natural wway for the zerg because its representing the power of the Zerg in battle :)

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I thought this thread was about the hide of zerg creatures :D
    Anyway, I think it's logical not to have any zerg unit with cloak ability but burrow for most of them and if it was tweaked to reduce the 'cooldown' after unburrowing, I don't see this hiding ability useful, though it would bring another element in utilizing the terrain beside 'cliffclimbing'.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Realy the only cloaking ability th zerg should have should come from infested ghosts but even then the ability to cloak reduces the racial uniquenesses