zerg expansion space

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ijffdrie, Aug 25, 2007.

zerg expansion space

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ijffdrie, Aug 25, 2007.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

my problem is: the zerg can develop their entire hive cluster in the room of 1 hatcherie

my solution: upgrades increase the size of zerg buildings, like if you research faster zerglings for the spawning pool, you get an extra part at the spawning pool, like a racing ground for zerglings or a zergling being modified, or maybe a infested creature from wich the upgrade came

2. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    You mean all upgrades should change the base a bit?
    Well it would be fair, cause you see the lights at the terran and protoss building when they develope something.. But for all abilities one 'addon' would make the building quite big so that there will be no place left for units to move and defend the base..

I think after the upgrades the units will change a bit, like you saw at the marine. Their hand shields are from an upgrade. Zerg may get tougher carapace, or their claws will get bigger..

3. venado

venado New Member

A lot of games do this, but blizzard don't.
    I hope SC2 change this a bit. Good idea ijffdrie / Hunter

4. StarcrafterKid

StarcrafterKid New Member

I don't think that the building should change that much in size, but a look change would be pretty cool. For example... A spawning pool could grow more visible tentacles for the 'Adrenal Glands' because they could suck in more nutrients from the creep to stimulate the Zerglings. The same thing could happen for the Evolution Chamber when upgrading something.

Another way could be for the building to pulsate and pump more. That would look disgusting though.

I like Hunter's idea of makeing claws larger. That would look so cool for a swarm of Zerglings or a couple of Ultralisks.

5. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

lol in one hatchery? i doubt it, unless the zerg want to make soldiers three at a time, and then wait for more larva to come out

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

hillzagold, he meant 1 hatchery can generate enough creep for the zerg to put down all the buildings, he want zerg buildings to occupy more room when they upgrade.

7. manaplague

manaplague New Member

The point of Zerg is they can pop up in a tiny space and spread like wild fire. besides the constrains that the creep cause would be just a bit to much if the buildings were larger. (look on the bright side a clustered Zerg makes a great nuking target.)