Zerg dragoon like unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Aurora, Oct 12, 2007.

?

Should blizzard do something with the infested Dragoon shrine?

1. Yes, they should create some units for the Zerg with this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, the should revive important killed characters, like Daggoth.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, they shouldn't do anything with it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Zerg dragoon like unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Aurora, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Will there be a dragoon like unit coming up for the Zerg?

At the official site on the Immortal page ( http://starcraft2.com/features/protoss/immortal.xml ) there is some lore to be found about the Zerg infesting the Shrine where Dragoons were created:

"The sacred shrine that was dedicated to the creation of the dragoons was infested by the zerg and lost along with the protoss homeworld itself."

Will this mean that the Zerg will be using some kind of robotic tech, or will they be able to revive units to? Whatever happens, they should at least do something with it, since it's on the site. If they aren't planning on doing something with it, why wouldn't they just have sayd: "the dragoons weren't good enough anymore so they upgraded them with their ancient technologies" This would be far more logical 'cause it seems they have done the same with the Dark Templar and bringing back the Colossus and Motherships again.

This could even mean that the killed cerebrates like Daggoth could be revived once again, even now they are "permanently" killed by the Dark Templar.

Any ideas on this?
    :gossip:

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
  3. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

When it said "infested by the Zerg", I took that to mean the Zerg control the territory and the Protoss can't get to it to carry out their ritual... I never thought of it as: the Zerg have absorbed the temple into their makeup.

However it could be interesting to see the Zerg making use of traditional Protoss energies. I doubt it would mean they would create a mech however - one of the key descriptive features of the Zerg is being purely biological. I also doubt it would allow them to bring back the cerebrates. As Blizzard has said, number 1: Kerrigan doesn't want cerebrates, and right now she's in control... and number 2: cerebrates kinda need to have an overmind around for them to survive.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Perhaps the infested dragoon could be like a hero unit. The zerg found some dragoons still in the shrine and infested them but they haven't made any new exoskeletons

5. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Nah not a bad idea but , when they invaded Auir and won (obviously) they went around and found some exoskeleton's (dragoon shell/hull) and put zergling's or whatever in there to control it and infest it a little bit to make it zergable! , dragoon pilot's are cripple and/or lost limb's so the exoskeleton's are their home and stay and live in there for ever! , as You see when You kill a dragoon or a dragoon die's , the blue blood is the dragoon's living liquid thingy , in the avatar of the dragoon , every known and then the blue water thing will drop and then rise again! , that stuff is the blue stuff that poor's out when the dragoon is destroyed and that's what keep's the dragoon pilot alive!

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Sorry about that, but that topic is a couple of months old and I didn't notice it while looking for stuff like this. (a wanted to make a topic about this for quite some time now)

@NateSMZ
    You're right about the Cerebrate thing, but even Kerrigan can't control the Zerg in multiple galaxies at the same time and keep track of what they are doing, and I thinck that in 10 years time she might have conquered A LOT of worlds with her broods. Also, the Cerebrates now a lot about strategie and all that, so it might be handy to revive them even if it was just or their knowledge.

@BirdofPreys 1st post
    The shrine was used to sort of revive people, so if they still have Daggoth lying around somewhere they could revive him.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Daggoth would not fit in a dragoon

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Zerg are not able to use Protoss technology. Thus, should not be able to use their shrines.
    Besides, isn't a Dragoon just a life support system for a dying Zealot? Zerg wouldn't be able to infest them or assimilate them, and definitely wouldn't be able to bring back the dead with them.

9. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i could see infested dragoon as a campaign unit, but definitely not as part of the standard zerg lineup

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i could see it used by duran to revive zasz, daggoth, tiamat and all the other cerebrates to weaken kerrigans position in this galaxy

11. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    That's true, but does it HAVE to be a dragoon? I thought the shrine was just to revive/trengthen people, and since cerevrates could be revived before, it should be possible, and why would it have to be placed inside a dragoon? Maybe it can be put in somekind of crystallis, like the one Kerrigan was in.

Also, the possible units made in the shrine should only be for in the campaign, like BnechbReaker already pointed out. But that's fine to me, I mean, you couldn't build High emplar like Tassadar outside of the standard campaign and I havn't heard anybody complaining about that either.

@ItzaHexGor
    But the shrine isn't used to produce zealots... ah, f*ck it. This has no use. When do you people finally start to agree on some of the ideas I come up with. ??? :p

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it maybe doesnt fit in it, but maybe they can extend its mind to the dragoon, just like the overmind before he had a body, his mind was in the swarm

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @Fo®Saken. I know that the shrine isn't used to produce Zealots, and I never said that it was... It is used to create the Dragoon/Life-Support System for the dying Zealot.
    Again, Zerg should not be able to gain access to Protoss technology. They are a race that has zero technological capabilities.

14. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Well the zerg can infest a terran command center and then make infested terran's.

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    But if there was an old abandoned Command Center that isn't in use anymore, (much like the abandoned shrine) then they wouldn't be able to produce more Infested Terran.
    Besides, the Infested Terran (before the infestation) were biological. With a Dragoon, it is mainly mechanical, and the biological thing inside it requires the mechanical bit around it to live. If there were Infested Dragoons, or whatever, then, because they're Zerg, they shouldn't be able to use the Protoss' mechanical part of the Dragoon, and thus, the biological creature inside wouldn't be able to live.
    Also, the Infested Terran aren't even able to use a gun, I doubt that an Infested Dragoon would be able to operate its legs and weapon properly.

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    who said that it sould operate its weapons properly? Just like you said, if marines cant, why should they? They should probably have some heavy melee attack.

17. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i reckon there will be infested dragoons in the single player campaign and they will pwn stalkers and immortals.

18. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    That's a nice idea, but I guess it would be a bit boring since it then would just be some kind of super zergling. :p

But maybe the Zerg have learned how to use tech a little, since they are aided by that infested Dugan (or whatever his name was) and Kerrigan. I guess they now how to implement certain tech stuff in the Zerg tech tree. And then we havn't even thought of the Hybrids yet in this topic. Maybe IF they would be in the game/expansion, they would have the sort of Dragoon unit in their ranks...

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    In the missions the Hybrids are a crosses between Protoss, Terran and Zerg infantry in a special Stasis Cells on one of Char's moons if I'm not mistaken. So I don't think that they will be linked to the overrun shrine on Auir.

Also, if the Zerg gain the ability to resurrect old heroes or units, then as long as they defend the shrine properly they would pretty much be invincible, wouldn't they? After all, they would be able to resurrect Kerrigan if she was killed, all their old Cerebrates, even the Overmind if the Zerg weren't able to be controlled properly. Also they would be able to bring back their normal, dead units. Protoss were basically a strong and expensive but small army, so it made sense that they would be able to bring back past soldiers, because they didn't have many to begin with. However if Zerg can do this then they would basically have an exponential growth in numbers, because all of their swarms will be ale to be brought back.

20. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

I do not think cerebrates can be revived because they are too big.
    And if Kerrigan dies, nobody is gonna help her into a dragoon. And zerg regenerate, not go into dragoon exoskeletons.

Besides, the exoskeletons are limited. How many zerg creatures can all of them accomodate? 50? 50 Zerglings is not a lot if you ask me. 50 Hydralisk would still be not enough, since hydralisk still die too quickly. So it is not really going to help the Zerg have an exponential growth in numbers.