Zerg Dragon

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by hydralisk, Nov 14, 2007.

Zerg Dragon

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by hydralisk, Nov 14, 2007.

1. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    it would be so kick ass if the zerg got some tpye of dragon unit and im not talking about a muta im talking about a zerg bc basically

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I say leave dragons in fantasy where they belong to. I think something more like dinosaur would me more zerg-like.

3. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    i can agree with that but i still think that the zerg need a zerg like bc

4. needler

needler New Member

What about an Ultralisk? If you want it to fly then give the Ultralisk Zergling wings. ;D Not really. I don't think that Zerg need any other big units than Ultralisk. The Ultralisk just needs something to make it better.

5. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    you cant really up the ultra unless you make a whole new desgin plus the ultra is the zerg tank

6. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I always considered a zergling to be dinosaur like. Maybe one of those early dinosaurs before they all became 20 feet tall.

I like the dragon idea, the zerg need better air units, the devourer was pathetic unless in massed groups.

7. Light

Light Guest

I dont know, if the zerg get a unit tantamount to the carrier and bs, it wipes out the zerg ''swarm'' approach and the distinction between races. I would more enjoy a moderate, self-relying (that is unlike the devourer, which couldnt kill anything 1vs1) zerg air unit with a special, highly useful ability.

Btw, the ultralisk in sc should have been much stronger. If it makes a comeback, give it much more hp.

8. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Or have to do a little more damage.

As for the dragon unit, I could see it not as a super unit, but as a powerful unit that is last tier, with decent attack and range, and a powerful AoE spell.

9. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    just no horns and firebreathing pretty please?

10. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

I don't think, that a dragon would fit in the starcraft universe, neither would it fit with the zerg strategy, which is weak units, but plenty of them.

I agree with that. Make the ultralisk the same, as we saw in the SC:G trailer. At least marines should not be able to withstand an attack that strong all by theirself, maybe with the shield upgrade.

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    why not? The fire breathing could be its AoE spell. Strong v. light units, and weak v. armored units.

To me, the mutalisk almost looks like a dragon, just deformed. A dragon that had a zergish look would fit perfectly into the game. I don't see why the idea sounds bad, if it could work, Blizzard would find a way.

12. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Because I want to see NO dragons in starcraft, that's enough of a reason to me.

Mutalisk a dragon? That was one hell of deformation ;)

13. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i can imagine the zerg having a unit that launches scourges and banelings and is needed to create scourges and can fire the banelings over range, it replaces both the gaurdian and the devourer, it will look like a giant manta(or dragon) with small holes in the fins where the scourges come from and a large hatchlike thingy on the bottom, from there banelings fall and are launched. it is a unit with about the speed of a marine and can fire while moving. it evolves from a mutalisk and a queen and requires a hive, a queen's nest, and a greater spire. to evolve the mutalisk it must land on the hive and the queen on the queens nest, there they morph and become two parts of the unit, than the two parts must fly to each other and meld together.

14. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I'd prefer something manta-like and fighting melee!!! Imagine - MELEE FIGHTING AIR UNIT :) lol

15. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    @ ijffdrie, that is one hell of a tech. Nice idea, but how it would ever get fighting time in b-net would be a mystery to me. It's like the last of the last tier units, almost like a zerg super unit.

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it is the zerg super unit

17. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Horray for the super unit! Now if only the MS would be a super units again, this idea would be a great addition to the zerg swarm.

And for those who say the zerg don't need a super unit, think of it more as a mobile defence/support unit, storing or launching banelings and scourges into battle. It can't attack on its own, so it requires the swarm to be of any use.

18. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Fire attacks don't fit zerg to well. Perhaps if it sprayed spores, or some green stuff like the other zerg units. Or hell, maybe it can stick its giant tongue into the ground and attack from under like a walking sunken colony. Dragon ASPECTS are ok, just... make sure it doesn't look like a dragon, or a dieing dragon, or w/e.

19. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    What about an undead dragon? ;D

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    That IS a "dieing dragon"...

(And have you ever heard about a thing called "Frost Wyrms"?)