Zerg Detection idea!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Eye_Carumba, Aug 5, 2007.

Zerg Detection idea!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Eye_Carumba, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Man, if someone from Blizzard read this and like it... LOL

Ok, see what you guys think: using this new exclamation marks we've seen on recent trailers, Zergs can now see units in a wide range as long as they can touch the ground. So Dark Templars, even though invisible by eye, would still be sensed by the zerg "feeling" skill. While others like Cobra, Archons and High Templars, would only be seen when poping up in plain sight, as they are hovering units and don't touch the ground. Also, no air could be sensed using this skill.

This could be a researchable skill, and be related to the zerg creep. It would further increase the prey feeling that all walking units would have towards the zerg, and further apart the gaming experience of each race.

2. DontHate

DontHate New Member

huh? u mean the creep? if it was the ground there'd be no need to scout or anything. It'd take surprise out of the game. How far is the range though?

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I'd say that's more Ghost....Cause of heightened senses

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yah i like the idea. i think all races should get some detector on unsighted maps etc.

but it should be a "new" unit zerg(lurker like) ability and not a researched passive ability by the creep.

5. Dxun

Dxun New Member

Well if you think about it thats how Lurkers knew when to attack stuff, cause of the "vibrations" the units cause on the ground.

Would be pretty neat that when units are burrowed they could see units in the fog of war (small range not to big) with an upgrade.

Cause if theres a thor coming your way you'll want to know about it.

6. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

I suppose it would be greater than the Terran device can sense, as it is deficient in detecting some units. Zergs have heightened senses aswell my friend! ^^ Ghosts would also be visible by touching the ground. And it would be a fair trabe, because High Templars are a bigger threat to Zerg than the DTs are (so it's not like it overpowers zergs for seeing DTs ^^).

I allow Blizzard to use this idea if they like it! ^^ I hope they do. Otherwise they could just invite me to give'em ideas for Starcraft 3, lol!